StarStruck

Poke bowl

17 posts in this topic

Holy shit. Who made this shit up? Looks like food a 3 year old would make after forgetting they have to cook the food. They were like we are too lazy to make sushi so we invented this. 

IMG_5282.jpeg

In Tate we trust

Yeah it's a scam.

Always took one of these things the few times I ordered on uber eats to "relieve the guilt", only to regret not having taken a burger lol.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

A bowl full of Pokemon.

Sounds yum.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Personally I don't care much how food is layered or put together. It's all going into, and out of your body mixed anyways. As long as it's good quality that's enough ?

hrhrhtewgfegege

I was talking about this today with a friend and I friking love it, at least the way they cook it where I buy it on doordash, is just a sushi but not rolled and in a bowl. 

Looks great to me.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A bowl full of Pokemon.

Sounds yum.

Schizophonie_Salad_box_filled_with_small_pokemons_0a0f6f42-6423-41c2-bbc7-703af8f1f0fb.png

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Everything I eat looks like this or even more messy :P

but yeah, if paying I would prefer regular sushi

What do you mean?

I exclusively eat those when I'm travelling or I'm on the run.

A shit load of fresh vegetables + meat (I always order 3x meat).

Doesn't get much better than this, if you ask me.

(Just make sure to find a place that is using fresh, high quality ingredients).

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

51 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

What do you mean?

I exclusively eat those when I'm travelling or I'm on the run.

A shit load of fresh vegetables + meat (I always order 3x meat).

Doesn't get much better than this, if you ask me.

(Just make sure to find a place that is using fresh, high quality ingredients).

I have healthier options out here. The vegetables are like some beans, avocado (that is not even a vegetable but a fruit), cucumber, corn (I don't like corn), so it is not unhealthy but I rather go for a stir fry or something with real veggies.

In Tate we trust

Poke Bowls are great for people who don't know how to eat healthy food or how to include veggies in their diet or if you actually want to eat something that's good for you. The one you had does look a bit messy but I'd still stuff my face with it.

Definitely looks better than some of the disgusting crap carnivore dieters share on Facebook which looks like a cannibal feast.

Nothing in there is going to make you unwell or worse off unless that salmon has been out for too long.

The only downside is the price tag associated with these (10-15 euros) and the way that a lot of shitty restaurants cheat by bulking it 80% full of white rice and only toppings with colourful veg and salmon for visual appeal 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I have healthier options out here. The vegetables are like some beans, avocado (that is not even a vegetable but a fruit), cucumber, corn (I don't like corn), so it is not unhealthy but I rather go for a stir fry or something with real veggies.

I could go without the veggies as well, but what I like is that they usually cook their chicken in little oil and you can order as much of it as you want.

I dont want a stir fry thats half oil, half food - especially considering the kind of shitty plant oils that most places use.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I see the Poké Bowl trend is catching up to the mainstream.

Fun fact, working at a Poké restaurant was actually my first every job. I got the job at age 17 because I was saving up to study abroad in Japan. I was hired by these two Chinese immigrants who were husband and wife, and both owned the store. While the study abroad never materialized because the study abroad company never called me back due to the website I was applying to at the time having technical issues and they never received my application, I ended up earning some $2,000 from working there. 

To this day I'll go to that same restaurant frequently, and because the owners know me they'll give me free drinks.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

There's too much going on texturally in most poke bowls for my liking. I'll just take a plain sashimi bowl with a side of wakame salad, thanks. Which is basically just this:

4577202-08748cc54492482598c6090e56490e35

I also think mayo/ cream cheese on sushi should be illegal, lol. SO GROSS.