Jesus Daniel

Thoughts on Connor Murphy?

41 posts in this topic

So I stumbled upon this video... 
I just wanted your guy's thoughts on this, I have been recently getting back to psychedelics and their healing nature, and how they are good for humanity and consciousness overall, defending them to the brim because of their mental health benefits, seeing how they have transformed not only my life but the life of others around me in this world. One of the most mature, educated, loving, selfless, successful and rich people use psychedelics, and I want to go balls to the wall with them. I was just seeing good information, but then I stumbled upon this video... Do you think this is a risk of using ayahuasca, because of its potency? Or was he already predisposed to mental illness? Or did the steroids have anything to do with his psychotic break? Or am I using the wrong mode of thinking to this? 
I always propose using psychedelics with love, consciousness and to be careful with them. But seeing cases like this breaks my heart, knowing the other side of the spectrum and knowing how it has helped so much people, and it's such a shame. Please, any insights? 

1) He was very immature, vain, and narcissistic to begin with.

2) He has bipolar disorder. So he had mental illness to begin with.

Combining that with psychedelics is obviously dangerous. He ignored all the warnings I gave him and he was on DMT daily.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I checked out his channel and he seems to be doing fine now. His newest video is actually pretty funny! Glad he can laugh at the whole situation.

beep boop

@Leo Gura I was very disappointed when he went back to doing his silly videos again. Did he not learn anything from spirituality? It seems you either do it right or don't do it at all.

@Leo Gura he was just trolling. He is not mental ill. And he did not take ayahuasca daily. It is just a show. 

He runs a PRANK channel for years. He told over and over again it's all an act. He is an actor and he wanted to be as cringe as possible to help people with social anxiety with his Videos. 

It's just utterly stupid that he damaged the Image of psychedelics for many people.. Inclusive actualized.org because he is a fan 

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler I don't think he was trolling. He used to make some good videos from time to time giving some solid insights. Psychedelics can literally give pearls to pigs, which also happens in many psychonauts too. A psychonaut can give you some really deep insights while living like a failure.

@OBEler sounds like coping and I don't see for what reason.

What Connor Murphy has done doesn't seem like a planned prank at all. More like an authentic mental breakdown needing a professional intervention. Like way, way more.

@Girzo if it would be an authentic breakdown it would look less extreme. 

I know how a real mental breakdown looks like

He is total exaggerating. Simulating (quiet good sometimes) a crazy mental ill man. 

41 minutes ago, OBEler said:

He is total exaggerating. Simulating (quiet good sometimes) a crazy mental ill man. 

Trolling to this degree is still a mental illness, at least in my view.

Just a less severe form.

It definitely did not grow his channel, so it was not a business decision. At least not a good one.

He can't be completely sane and consider eating shit a good marketing strategy simultaneously

Edited by Michal__

@Michal__ his whole channel Was build on pranking before he started this ayahuasca stuff already. He went off on steroids for health reasons (losing hair) and his views declined drasticly so his channel was doomed already. 

It is just  strategic to find something complete New. He now pranked the audience on a next level I would say. I already saw other youtube bodybuilder after years of steroid use to find something New. Many go into psychedelics/spirituality and go to life Coaching. It's more healthy, more interesting and can relive the channel. Thats also what connor murphy tried to do. Just because it did not really work out, I would not claim him as mental ill for this. 

Again, he never ate his shit. He never drank any semen. He never consumed Daily ayahuasca. He never gave his money away. He even faked psychward visits

It was all a PRANK. And you all dont get it. He even explained in Details how he has done it. 

Edited by OBEler

Bullshit. It's so obvious that that wasn't a prank. How would you know? Granted, I don't either 100%, but it would very much surprise if that was the case. The theory, that that's a coping strategy makes way more sense.

And a breakdown can DEFINITELY look like that.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

@vibv how I would know? 

1. He has A PRANK channel from the beginning ! Just that alone should give you the Hint. 

2. He has Videos released where he revealed the prank. I would link here the Videos where he explained in Details his ayahuasca journey prank but this is not allowed here because connor murphy was banned

3. A real mental ill person with a mental breakdown would behave differently. I can see how he constantly acts.its so obvious if you have an eye for it. 

Not all videos are pranked. some were real for example where he tried to explain his best friend for spirituality. This was real cringe. The other ones were an act

Edited by OBEler

He looked like me when I was a pre-teen, and I was literally stressed all the time.
A situation where you are so cynical/dissociated that you may engage in extremely bizarre and antisocial behavior "because it's fun".

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

To be fair, mental illness doesn't manifest the same for people. It usually tends to exaggerate different preexisting aspects of mind, so for Connor, it could've easily blown his dramatic personality out of proportion. So it was an act, but that act didn't come from a place of mental stability. it seemed like a genuine manic episode to me.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot@DefinitelyNotARobot Good that you acknowledge that he is acting. This acting may not come from mental stability, but a real mental breakdown would look very very different and I feel sorry for so many people not seeing his acting and think that a real mental breakdown looks like that. NO IT DOESNT 

Here is a video where he explained:

In comparison here is what a real mental breakdown looks like:

Compare that to connor murphys bad shady acting skills (but some here still think connor acting of craziness is real..So it must be not so bad as I thought) 

Edited by OBEler

Connor released a video in which he claims that all of what happened was just a big social stunt.

I don't know if I buy it fully but it seems pretty legit.

@Leo Gurayou were just a role in connor murphys social prank. He was just messing around with you, pretending to be an out of control ayahuasca Junkie (does this form even exist lol) and you believed his acting. He pranked you pretty good, suppressed his laughter talking with you. He didnt need any help

@OBEler I've watched the video and it seems valid. But I've also seen manic episodes that looked similar to his "performance" and have experienced such states myself. The difficulty here is to draw a line between awakening and insanity, because sometimes you've got to loose your mind before you can recontextualize it. So not every manic state is inherently a product of insanity, some can be genuine opportunities for understanding. It really depends on whether you can come back from such an experience or not. He could've had a genuine manic episode, but he seems to be doing fine now, so maybe he wasn't as insane as one might think. I don't know.

beep boop

Basically he had a mental breakdown but now has recontextualized it as being his purposeful journey to becoming un-cancel-able via pro-trans, pro-gay, pro-inclusivity sentiment. So that he can.. What exactly? I find it hard to believe he's doing it so he can be an antifeminist -- can't imagine going through all he has and not having learned anything. Maybe he's going to be a covert-pro-equality "antifeminist" -- target audience: Andrew Tate fans -- so that he can help destroy that ideology from the inside. I really don't know. I feel he's an example of what happens when a narcissist pumps themselves full of psychedelics and nonduality with no reservation.

Edited by The0Self

Yeeah I don't buy this thing about it all being an act. It's very obvious when he is acting a mental breakdown or pretending to be crying in his videos vs. when he actually had that extended one. For some reason I was following his antics a lot when he had that breakdown and it was very clear when he was actually losing his mind vs. when he was acting to try and recontextualize the whole situation as him just acting. 

His situation was a very interesting example of what a mental breakdown can look like, a rare chance to see that kind of stuff. Seems he is more mentally stable now.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse