SQAAD

Michael Singer: Is he Awake or Not?

23 posts in this topic

@7:46 of the video he says something like this:

There is no way that the world is here to fix my problem. That is not why either Evolution or God has created the Heavens and Earth . If it was all random events that came together from the beginning of the Big Bang and they just evolved themselves all the way out with survival of the fittest, they didn't do it for you. And if in 6 days God created the heavens and Earth and just made the whole thing and the flood happened and Noah did his thing and all that took place it wasn't for you. It's not here for you. You are sitting inside and you are not ok & you are in a world that has nothing to do with you. It has to do with the forces of Nature. It has to do with the Laws of Cause and effect.

I am not sure exactly what he means but i think this is BS.. God created the whole universe for itself so the entire Universe is here for God.

What do you make of this statement? Can someone explain to me what it means?

Is Michael Singer awake? I have read 1 of his book. He also seems to believe in an Earth spinning in the middle of nowhere... Kinda dissapointing.

Edited by SQAAD

I think what he says may be true on a relative level. Studying and speculating about the relative is a useful and entertaining exercise. On an absolute level, there is only you and everything is within you. but you are not going to go through life saying that in response to everything, since it is useless, and from a relative point of view, false.

the relative is false from the absolute, and the absolute is false from the relative

@Breakingthewall

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

On an absolute level, there is only you and everything is within you. but you are not going to go through life saying that in response to everything, since it is useless, and from a relative point of view, false.

What do you mean it is useless?

Also, i think there is only the absolute. The relative is a construction of the ego-mind.

Edited by SQAAD

We live in the relative. You are a relative entity. You exist in relation with others. If anyone hits you in the face with a bat, you'll see if it's a construct of the ego mind or what. but the relative is a dream of the absolute. ultimately you are the absolute imagining the relative, but the relative is real, you can't scape of it 

@Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

We live in the relative. You are a relative entity. You exist in relation with others. 

I don't know about that. 

If anyone hits you in the face with a bat, you'll see if it's a construct of the ego mind or what. but the relative is a dream of the absolute. ultimately you are the absolute imagining the relative, but the relative is real, you can't scape of it 

Yes , i don't deny the appearances inside the Absolute.

So what do you think when Michael Singer says that the world has nothing to do with us? I don't understand. This only makes sense if the world is random without a God behind it.

2 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

So what do you think when Michael Singer says that the world has nothing to do with us?

In my opinion, bullshit. the world is a perfect machine where each gear is in the exact place. intelligence in action

@Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

In my opinion, bullshit. the world is a perfect machine where each gear is in the exact place. intelligence in action

Yes i agree.

We live in the relative. You are a relative entity. 

No. I am Pure Consciousness. I was never even born. ;)

(I would like a definition of the absolute vs a definition of the relative btw, i am curious because maybe i don't understand these defintions correctly).

Edited by SQAAD

10 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

would like a definition of the absolute vs a definition of the relative btw, i am curious because maybe i don't understand these defintions correctly)

the relative is what is not absolute, and the absolute is what is not relative ?. then if the absolute is the case, the relative does not exist, since one excludes the other, so it can be said that the relative is an appearance, it is the absolute appearing as a finite reality.

absolute is what has no opposite, no exterior. that is, you . relative is the apparent you that the absolute is imagining, which has opposite and exterior (apparent) 

and yes, you are going to die in the sense that you are going to stop being a guy with arms and legs who has a life on this planet and all that

Edited by Breakingthewall

Michael Singer is excellent at communicating the pragmatism of spirituality. He worked in the prison system for decades, so his language is at the level that most people can understand. Set aside anything he (or anyone else) says that is conceptual and see beyond it. When he says, "it wasn't for you", he is pointing to the core reason for human suffering, which is the expectation that the cosmos should cater to your desires.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 hours ago, SQAAD said:

What do you make of this statement? Can someone explain to me what it means?

I interpret it as a statement of surrender. Surrender of the egoic agenda and opening up to an acceptance of all things.

It’s necessary to look beyond the technical words people are using and get to the essence. Interpreting people’s words too literally is a trap. Get to the feeling.

He means it's not about your ego, it's not about your desires to get the world to be a certain way or to get the "outside" to match your preferences. That is outside the control of the limited sense of self and that is a reason for so much struggle. Life and the Earth and the whole infinite universe simply isn't about you and your preferences, so of course you struggle and complain when you try to get the whole magnificent universe to bend to your highly limited egoic will. 

He also speaks about You in there, and how that is the most magnificent thing there is and the ground of all being, pure consciousness, love beyond comprehension. There is no end to the depths of spiritual realization. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Haha, YOU ARE GOD, YOU ARE THE WORLD.

There's no one else who could enjoy Creation but yourself, since all others are your Creation.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No character in your dream can awaken. There are no enlightened beings. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

You awaken to yourself within the dream. An enlightened being is the absolute perpetually aware of itself through the perspective of its character.

Beyond the dream, there is no awakening or enlightenment.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

You awaken to yourself within the dream. An enlightened being is the absolute perpetually aware of itself through the perspective of its character.

To add to that, all manifestations in your field of awareness are a reflection of You. One might even say they’re not merely a reflection… but actually You!

The mistake is assuming that this realization or insight is arising from within the identified person. That’s true in a limited sense, but expand your sense of Self further and Awaken to…… YOU!

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

To add to that, all manifestations in your field of awareness are a reflection of You. One might even say they’re not merely a reflection… but actually You!

The mistake is assuming that this realization or insight is arising from within the identified person. That’s true in a limited sense, but expand your sense of Self further and Awaken to…… YOU!

Not only manifestations within the character's field of awareness, but all manifestations are an avatar of the absolute. None of the manifestations is actual, only the absolute misidentifying as such.

The true mistake is assuming that realization is real.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's no one else who could enjoy Creation but yourself, since all others are your Creation.

10 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

So, is this solipsism or not? Aren't there infinite beings in an infinite mind? I am confused about this. 

Please you think god would ever awaken a mike?

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

The true mistake is assuming that realization is real.

IMG_0714.gif

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This^^^ yall are addicted to duality. There isn't some other God. Look in the mirror in your bathroom. That is GOD.

What you are looking at in the mirror, created everything and is constantly generating it. Every single thought, desire, and action you take

IS GOD's WILL. Every single thing you are aware of right now IS GOD'S WILL. Whatever happens is God's will. 

This nonsense it's not for you is a duality. There is literally only you. The entirety of the present moment is you, and will always be you.

And that present moment is a present to itself.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86