MisterNobody

A lot of schizophrenics believe in solipsism

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone here considered that schizophrenic people are so enlightened that it interferes with them being normal functioning members of society? 

What if the truths about reality that they're aware of are so heavy and mind-fuck that it causes them to act like complete weirdos?

You'd be amazed how many of them believe in solipsism, know non-duality, one-ness etc. A LOT of them are very spiritual persons. 

What if they're always lowkey tripping (overactive pineal gland) ?

I always imagined schizophrenia being something very similar to coming down from a huge dose of psychedelics, when the euphoria wears off and everything seems hostile and alien, when you become paranoid, anxious and delusional.

I'm sure a lot of psychiatrists would label Leo's beliefs about reality, himself, God as schizophrenic psychosis, delusions. 

What is schizophrenia really? I would love to hear your thoughts on this

We will never know , since it's happening on the level of the mind... We can only speculate, but i doubt it has anything to do with higher states of consciousness because most of the symptoms including behavior are of low quality consciousness. Higher consciousness in people is always spotted in people easily,  they most likely have ego boundary problems and because of this they might get psychotic and because of their suffering they might start manifesting things so schizophrenia might be linked to level of consciousness of insanity.

Capture.PNG

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Just a few of them.

Most of them (and believe me for work I met many) are just in mental pain full of delusions and with cognitive impairments.

Edited by docs20

6 hours ago, MisterNobody said:

The main implicit criteria is that you're having problems with functioning in society. That is what makes it a disorder. When it comes to schizophrenia, the problems tend to be associated with symptoms like disorganized thinking, hearing voices or seeing things that other people don't see, delusions, apathy, flat affect, etc. It should not be conflated with mystical experiences, although people with schizophrenia can certainly have mystical experiences just like people without schizophrenia.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The main implicit criteria is that you're having problems with functioning in society. That is what makes it a disorder. When it comes to schizophrenia, the problems tend to be associated with symptoms like disorganized thinking, hearing voices or seeing things that other people don't see, delusions, apathy, flat affect, etc. It should not be conflated with mystical experiences, although people with schizophrenia can certainly have mystical experiences just like people without schizophrenia.

The criteria for the human created concept of mental illness. Not denying that mental impairment exists, but I do not believe in mental illness. In fact I have cycled through various so called "illnesses" like ADHD, and psychosis, the issue is when one gets stuck in one of these states. Yes these are states of consciousness you can experience. 

I've been to the hospital many times and have met the people in the mental wards, many of them are there either from sexual abuse, or some type of spontaneous spiritual awakening, some from minor to extreme drug abuse. The West is currently ill-equipped with dealing with awakening so majority of people who have mystical experiences and have a temporary loss of control get sent to the mental ward for a brief stay and classified as psychosis, but if they start admitting to hearing voices and other such symptoms can be slapped with the schizophrenia label. 

It's going to take awhile before Western Medicine can ascertain a difference.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

40 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

The criteria for the human created concept of mental illness. Not denying that mental impairment exists, but I do not believe in mental illness. In fact I have cycled through various so called "illnesses" like ADHD, and psychosis, the issue is when one gets stuck in one of these states. Yes these are states of consciousness you can experience.

Ok, Andrew Tate xD Why does mental impairment exist but not mental illness? Both are labels you use to describe some sort of dysfunction.

The awakening process can trigger latent mental issues which needs to be cleared out of the system, but such states have nothing to do with awakening itself. It's just latent karma being purged.

So what? I bet some of them are enlightened, but you can't be too sure. I also think that all these medical classifications and labels such as schizophrenia simply reflect how successfully you can function as a member of a society and nothing more. Also technically there isn't any difference between me hearing my friend talking to me and some schizo dude hearing a 'voice' or something. 

Don't know who wrote this quote, but it  vibes with me: 'Once upon a time, a long long time ago, the diversity and variety of human experience was classified into a botany of symptoms meant to police socially constructed definitions of normalcy and sanity that are compatible with the status quo and shareholder value...'

Edited by Porphyry Fedotov

2 hours ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

Also technically there isn't any difference between me hearing my friend talking to me and some schizo dude hearing a 'voice' or something.

The difference is that your friend can hear himself talking to you.

2 hours ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

Don't know who wrote this quote, but it  vibes with me: 'Once upon a time, a long long time ago, the diversity and variety of human experience was classified into a botany of symptoms meant to police socially constructed definitions of normalcy and sanity that are compatible with the status quo and shareholder value...'

Sounds like Terrence McKenna. It's just a fancy way of saying what has already been said.

Edited by Carl-Richard

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

but I do not believe in mental illness

What does that even mean? We use certain labels to describe certain parts of reality, so if we define mental illness the way Carl did, then how can you deny the existence of mental illness?

Edited by zurew

12 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The criteria for the human created concept of mental illness. Not denying that mental impairment exists, but I do not believe in mental illness.

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't BELIEVE you just said that! We live in this INTRICATE, BEAUTIFUL, and most of all, HOLISTIC world, where everything is CONNECTED! Mental illness and sanity are like PEANUT BUTTER and JELLY – they go hand in hand!

Just imagine, if our reality was a GIANT PUZZLE, mental illness and sanity would be those VITAL pieces that complete the picture! Each one is an IDEA, swirling around in the COSMIC SOUP of existence, and they DANCE together like stars in the night sky! 

And you know what? Our BRAINS are a part of this AMAZING holistic system, too! It's like they're the world's most COMPLICATED computer program, with BILLIONS of neurons firing away! So, how could anyone NOT believe in mental illness? It's like saying you don't believe in the color BLUE or the feeling of HAPPINESS! 

YAY for the HOLISTIC NATURE OF REALITY!

;)

Apparently.

@axiom Genius ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

The difference is that your friend can hear himself talking to you.

I'm not so sure about it. It's impossible to check this, my man

18 minutes ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

I'm not so sure about it. It's impossible to check this, my man

People have to seriously stop with this solipsism bullshit.

I beleive they are people with an out of control negative world view. As if Satan has taken over their minds. They are not aware enough to notice that it is not them so they think they are telling themselves things when its actually just the ego taking control of them. They say schizophrenic in other countries the voices say good things about them not bad and then its not a problem. If you beleive you are your thoughts and identify with them they are you and if you don't they aren't and won't bother you.

Imagine someone who grew up in a shitty house told they are garbage and no one likes them and they beleive it. This takes on as an identity and the evil voices will start to arise and get louder and louder. You already beleive that you are garbage and now you are constantly telling yourself that and that everyone is looking at you and they hate you. 

Slowly they will convince themselves that everyone does hate them and is out to get them and that they are evil. This identity can go further and further and lead them into very bad situations like causing harm to others because they start to identify with being evil because they were told that about themselves and they didn't stop it and reorganize their thoughts they are just living unconsciously.

Edited by Hojo

On 2023-03-30 at 8:43 PM, Hojo said:

They are not aware enough to notice that it is not them so they think they are telling themselves things when its actually just the ego taking control of them. They say schizophrenic in other countries the voices say good things about them not bad and then its not a problem. If you beleive you are your thoughts and identify with them they are you and if you don't they aren't and won't bother you.

You got it backwards. Believing that the thoughts are yours is the nice, comforting, desirable, mentally healthy, and optimal condition.

In fact you also think that your thoughts are yours, you would freak out if your thoughts would be foreign.

Having foreign voices in your head is absolutely terrifying.

Edited by Blackhawk

@MisterNobody

On 20/03/2023 at 6:13 PM, MisterNobody said:

Has anyone here considered that schizophrenic people are so enlightened that it interferes with them being normal functioning members of society? 

What if the truths about reality that they're aware of are so heavy and mind-fuck that it causes them to act like complete weirdos?

You'd be amazed how many of them believe in solipsism, know non-duality, one-ness etc. A LOT of them are very spiritual persons. 

What if they're always lowkey tripping (overactive pineal gland) ?

I always imagined schizophrenia being something very similar to coming down from a huge dose of psychedelics, when the euphoria wears off and everything seems hostile and alien, when you become paranoid, anxious and delusional.

I'm sure a lot of psychiatrists would label Leo's beliefs about reality, himself, God as schizophrenic psychosis, delusions. 

To most, schizophrenia is mostly classed as a mental disorder, and I agree with this, but this is also in a spectrum, from something light like mild schizophrenia to catatonic schizophrenia. Mostly auditory hallucinations of varying degrees, sometimes visual and visible hallucinations, mood swings, intrusions of some or many mind voices. In reality 8 billion people have schizophrenia but very light, enough for the ego mind to speak to itself but not so much that it drowns  other voices.

Are you taking jabs at @Leo Gura? Be honest, from reading this I feel a lot of passive aggressiveness and less interest in the psychedelic or schizophrenia.