Yimpa

Do you consider cannabis a psychedelic?

13 posts in this topic

For those of you who are experienced with classical psychedelics and have also tried cannabis, would you consider cannabis a psychedelic?

I don’t have experience with classical psychedelics (yet), hence my question. However, I’ve had “out of this world” experiences on cannabis and ketamine… so I’m wondering if the effects you experience on those are similar and/or point to the same thing  (i.e. Infinite Consciousness). 

Also, given that ketamine is starting to be called a psychedelic in some circles, I’m wondering if our definition of psychedelics will change in the future.

It is what it is is it not?

There was quite a lot of talk about it lately on the forum, because Leo suggested that weed is the strongest substance for him, and it seems that for many people that is the case too. So yes, weed is for sure a psychedelic.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Just now, Arthogaan said:

There was quite a lot of talk about it lately on the forum, because Leo suggested that weed is the strongest substance for him, and it seems that for many people that is the case too. So yes, weed is for sure a psychedelic.

Ha, no kidding. Weed was my first dive into exploring mystical experiences back in 2018, and it caught me off guard to say the least. I don’t think I’d be as open to trying ketamine had it not been for weed.

I don't. Folks have wildly different experiences with cannabis. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

I have had quite a few psychedelic experiences on cannabis, especially strains that I came across from the wild, they are much more psychedelic because there is little manipulation/cross-breeding by the hand of man. It also depends on your state of consciousness to what you can experience.

I have experienced psychedelic effects from a coconut tree in Hawaii drinking and eating just the coconut for few days as well as only eating watermelon for a week made me feel like on mushrooms. There are shamans who can smoke tobacco and enter visionary states.

It depends on how sensitive and efficient and in tune you are with the essence of life, how much magic and spirit you can put into it.

For me, absolutely. It's stronger than 5-MeO-DMT for me.

But it works differently on people.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For me, weed is a child’s play. I can smoke a lot, well actually if I smoke like really a lot I can get buzzed and get some insights, but only if music is playing if I do edibles, then I can get more into experience, but cannot even begin to compare to psychedelics. I also always ask myself a question is weed a psychedelic. So for me, smoking is nothing cannot compare to any psychedelic. And for sure 5 MEO DMT is my top notch? Meaning it’s a heel that I still need to cross. I did fill those ones few microdoses, but it still gives me the creeps, this is something I still need to cover.

@Gennadiy1981 I get an 8hr long 5-MeO level trip from smoking a few puffs of weed.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I get too horny to do any spiritual work on cannabis so I don't do it.

Edited by StarStruck

it depends enormously. When I was 15 years old I smoked and everything was wonderful, later an unpleasant mental paranoia, ideas and more ideas about anything, so I quit, now I take two puffs and it may be that I stay mentally, or that there is an opening. more and more the second, but not consistent, fluctuates with staying in the mind analyzing, which is sterile and unpleasant. I guess it basically depends on your level of purity

Edited by Breakingthewall

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Gennadiy1981 I get an 8hr long 5-MeO level trip from smoking a few puffs of weed.

I’d love for you to expand further on your experience with weed one day, like how you have an episode about ketamine. 

Whether it be in the form of a blog video, episode, and/or mentioned in your upcoming course or book, I think it would be helpful for people to be open to the possibility that weed isn’t just for recreational or medical use.