Someone here

Insight about death and immortality

34 posts in this topic

I remember leo posting something in his blog a while ago about immortality. I'm Paraphrasing here "the key to immortality is being so present that you can not die". Or something from this ilk. 

And I had this insight today as I was struggling with my daily dose of existential crisis around fear of death.. 

what is death? Iike literally what the fuck is death? Enough fooling around, what is it?

And I Contemplated this using direct experience. Not using logic.. Or dichotomies.. Or human knowledge etc 

But from a first-person direct approach.. 

Death is literally ... "Something bad that is going to happen to you in the future"..that's it. 

And what exactly is that? A thought happening now. Nothing more. Eh? 

You might say "yeah but of course im going to die someday"...

No!.. you don't know that. Forget about all your buts and ofcourses. Death is in the future.  There is no future or yesterday. Quite literally. 

I realized that If firmly grasp the significance of this insight it would make me immortal. Now this is not possible without losing my mind a little bit and becoming insane in a sense. Because That's the only thing that makes me afraid of death.. Is the cultural societal brainwashing that death is a real thing. 

@Leo Gura am I on the right track here? Or am I losing my goddam mind? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

58 minutes ago, Someone here said:

it would make me immortal.

Who is the "me"?

Death isn't something bad that is going to happen to you, you literally won't experience or feel death. At that present moment you will know that the movie stopped, and you will get a choice to proceed or stop the movie and get into another dream because the thought/knowledge of yout current reality will be unbereable and you would want to go back to heaven with others as soon as possible.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I remember leo posting something in his blog a while ago about immortality. I'm Paraphrasing here "the key to immortality is being so present that you can not die". Or something from this ilk. 

You mean this?

C9F32014-DAED-49AD-9255-187286AEBE0B.jpeg

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@Jowblob I don't get how God would find something unbearable when it's formless, unattached, untouched. Isn't something being unbearable an ego problem?

7 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Isn't something being unbearable an ego problem?

Yes

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

23 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Jowblob I don't get how God would find something unbearable when it's formless, unattached, untouched. Isn't something being unbearable an ego problem?

@VibesThe form is god thought the only seperation you will have is between your thought and nothingness, every thought you have creates a form inside infinite nothingness. It will be unbearable because you're nothing more then a thought form inside infinite void. It will be unbearable because you're alone in the infinite void. It will be unbearable because all the lies of how you try to keep yourself asleep will be exposed. It will be unbearable because you will see yourself in all these dreams leading a fake life with others because your true reality is even worse. It will be unbearable knowing that you don't know how you came into existence and why you're alive.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I realized that If firmly grasp the significance of this insight it would make me immortal. Now this is not possible without losing my mind a little bit and becoming insane in a sense. Because That's the only thing that makes me afraid of death.. Is the cultural societal brainwashing that death is a real thing. 

Death is not just cultural brainwashing. It's predominantly fear.

Consider that an animal fears death too. An animal isn't brainwashed. You'd be scared of death even if You didn't have a concept of it in your mind.

Fear is an infinitely intelligent mechanism which is there for great reason. Technically there isn't anything to fear, but fear still happens and no amount of logic or grasping the significance of an insight will make You go around it.

To conquer death is to conquer fear. And You do it by overcoming fear. And by awakening. But before You awaken there will be walls of fear blocking You so they need to be gone through first. I think the more fear You overcome, the more You are primed for awakening (it's one factor).

Edited by Sincerity

Death is an idea you have right now. The concept of death is dependent on consciousness. But underneath it all, everything is a hallucination. You are already dead. You just hallucinate being alive hallucinating you will die.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Death is literally ... "Something bad that is going to happen to you in the future"..that's it. 

Death is the thought that there will be no future.

And what exactly is that? A thought happening now. Nothing more. Eh? 

It's that and something more. The emotions you experience are that something more. If you dig deep in them, you will find a bunch of thoughts that are causing you to stress.

You might say "yeah but of course im going to die someday"...

No!.. you don't know that. Forget about all your buts and ofcourses. Death is in the future.  There is no future or yesterday. Quite literally. 

Monkey mind thoughts.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

12 hours ago, Stovo said:

Who is the "me"?

Haha stop playing these silly games .

-Osho

11 hours ago, Jowblob said:

you literally won't experience or feel death.

Agree . The moment of catching your last breaths is the very moment you come crying out of a woman's womb. 

-Osho

10 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Death is not just cultural brainwashing. It's predominantly fear.

Consider that an animal fears death too. An animal isn't brainwashed. You'd be scared of death even if You didn't have a concept of it in your mind.

Fear is an infinitely intelligent mechanism which is there for great reason. Technically there isn't anything to fear, but fear still happens and no amount of logic or grasping the significance of an insight will make You go around it.

To conquer death is to conquer fear. And You do it by overcoming fear. And by awakening. But before You awaken there will be walls of fear blocking You so they need to be gone through first. I think the more fear You overcome, the more You are primed for awakening (it's one factor).

An animal doesn't fear death . It has no concept of death . It feels pain .so that's why the antelope runs away from the lion .not because it fears death. But because it fears the pain of shedding their flesh apart by the lions mouth . So no ,I think the only reason we fear death is how its been portrayed in our society and especially by religion (the idea of Eternal hell )etc.  If we investigate what death actually is ..we discover easily that death is a belief  .it doesn't require awakening. It doesn't require Einstein's intelligence. It's easy to see through it .

-Osho

10 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

You are already dead. You just hallucinate being alive hallucinating you will die.

False. Im totally alive and not dead .and I'm not hallucinating anything. There is only life appearing as whatever it wants to .

@Gesundheit2 give me one single evidence that death is real .

And no ,others dying isn't an evidence that you gonna die . You can see people dying in a dream .yet the death of you in a dream means  you just wake up to reality.  

Similarly, your mom could die and that doesn't prove you will die . When it's your turn ,you will just transform into the next life .

nothing really stops. Energy carries on. It is more akin to a caterpillar shedding its covering and turning into a butterfly than an actual death or stop. Energy changes but it does not stop or end.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

An animal doesn't fear death . It has no concept of death . It feels pain .so that's why the antelope runs away from the lion .not because it fears death. But because it fears the pain of shedding their flesh apart by the lions mouth .

An animal both doesn't have the concept of death and the concept of their flesh being shed apart.

But I'd suggest that to fear anything is to fear death, fundamentally.

So no ,I think the only reason we fear death is how its been portrayed in our society and especially by religion (the idea of Eternal hell )etc.

Certainly not. Contemplate it deeper.

Consider that these portrayals in society had to come from somewhere.

If we investigate what death actually is ..we discover easily that death is a belief  .it doesn't require awakening. It doesn't require Einstein's intelligence. It's easy to see through it .

Hahaha!

It is not at all discovered easily that death is a belief. 

It is an amazing and uncommon feat to be conscious of your eternity IN DIRECT EXPERIENCE. It requires profound awakening and intelligence.

You think it's easy because You're approaching it from a level of theory. You do not experientially realize You are eternal. 

Edited by Sincerity

death isn't oh shit something bad is ahead and i am going to die one day namely coming to grips with your own moratality

death is my life right now if fucking miserable and painful and gruesome and this is the beginning of the downward spiral to the end

i almost certainly have cancer or something worse and there is no hope or recourse or salvation possible

there is no point going on

Life's grip grows ever slim, achingly thin, The shadows loom, the darkness sets in. A fear now grips my every thought, A fear the mendacious cancer wrought.

The pain, it writhes it twists inside, A constant battle, how does one abide. There's no way back, not a hope in sight, No possible miracle to make this burden light.

The spiral began, it all seems so clear, An onward path to the end is here. Still I search out something more, A reason to hold off knock knock knocking on heaven's door.

Hope it seems lost, rescue but a dream, The end draws near, ever more so, it seems. I pine and ponder, why for fuck's sake go on, When the light of love is assuredly gone?

Then appears she I love, And memories flood in on the wings of a dove. The thought of my sweet, it keeps me breathing, To fight at least today, even in this my darkest season.

Edited by gettoefl

1 hour ago, Sincerity said:

An animal both doesn't have the concept of death and the concept of their flesh being shed apart.

But I'd suggest that to fear anything is to fear death, fundamentally.

So are you saying that all fear boils down to fear of death?  I personally fear pain more than death . If I was to choose between pulling my eyes out with a razor or dying i would definitely choose dying .

Certainly not. Contemplate it deeper.

Consider that these portrayals in society had to come from somewhere.

Leo has an amazing episode about the social matrix . Basically 99% of our current worldview is shaped by society. Wether it's religious indoctrination or school or the media etc..

And death is one of the firm beliefs in the matrix . But once you unhook yourself outside the matrix .you see it for what it is .a belief. 

Hahaha!

It is not at all discovered easily that death is a belief. 

It is an amazing and uncommon feat to be conscious of your eternity IN DIRECT EXPERIENCE. It requires profound awakening and intelligence.

You think it's easy because You're approaching it from a level of theory. You do not

It is a question of perspective.. If we consider just our own life in its physical form and from our experience, the world eternal might not sound too comfortable..

However if you have access, wisdom and the willingness to look beyond the physical, all life is inter connected and eternal. Yes we might popup and popout for some time depending on the physical form we take.

It might sound a little heavy but for millions of years, life in any which form has sustained its coherence and continuity amongst all creatures, be it animate or inanimate. Because we get so engrossed in our limited experience of body and mind, we tend to experience life in a very limited way.

But yes, if you keenly observe beyond mind and body with tools available in meditation and spirituality, an eternal life is throbbing in all forms of creation in a very beautiful, inter dependant way.

-Osho

31 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

I almost certainly have cancer or something worse and there is no hope or recourse or salvation possible

I'm not sure if this poetic or actual..

But in case it's for real..I'm really sorry to hear that man ...tell me if I can help you in any way ..please PM me if you need any assistance of any kind .

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

So are you saying that all fear boils down to fear of death?  I personally fear pain more than death . If I was to choose between pulling my eyes out with a razor or dying i would definitely choose dying .

Have you experienced death before? 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI