BlessedLion

Can psychedelics open you to dark realms that stay with you?

35 posts in this topic

My friend said psychedelics can open you to darker realms that stay in your consciousness after the trip is over. Fact or bs?

"I have treated many LSD users from the ’60s. They have a specific brainwave pattern which indicates disturbance, even decades later. They often do not sleep well, and use marijuana for help in falling asleep. They hold all kinds of bizarre notions. Why? Because their gating system was blown apart, feelings are bubbling up with little cerebral control."

Arthur Janov, Ph.D.. Beyond Belief (Kindle Locations 151-154). Reputation Books. Kindle Edition. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

It's often a reflection of what's in you (including the collective you), to be processed and integrated. Or some kind of "like-attract-like" scenario. Most will not want to stay in that and get out of it eventually (if it does happen). If it happens consistently I recommend doing more sober work.. meditation/healing and such.

Darkness and light are in contrast of one another. What appears to be "normal" to one may seem dark to another.

Sober states of "darkness" are much more common and tend to stay with someone until something internal cracks open.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

There're people who claim they got possesed during or after the trips (the number of people who experienced that is probably much bigger then people realize). I think in the past i would've thought these stories are just someone's hallucination or i would try to give some other logical explanation but these days i'm getting more and more conviced that it's true.

It need not nessecarily be so dramatic tho. It can also be subtle. Like suddenly there's a lot of misfortune happing around u. And somehow life is just derailing for some reason. The problem is, it's hard to tell the difference between the real thing and false imagination placebo effect. Unless u get seriously possesed and u see demons eyes open sober ? at that point u know u've fucked ? 

Sometimes i feel it depends on who prepared the substance for u. Who the source is. Is it a very loving person who cultivated these mushrooms care and good intention etc or is it a dark shady drug dealer whom u bought your stuff. I think that makes a big difference as well even if it's barely logical at first glance.

Edited by Salvijus

Man. That's terrifying. All of it. 

Even looking at Martin Ball, the guy had a breakdown where he didn't sleep for 10 days and thought he was going to murder his mom. Even Leo's recent unhinged crazy shit he's been saying. Makes me want to steer clear of psychedelics. But in a way I wish my friend never told me that or I read any of this because I always have beautiful healing sessions with mushrooms but now this is going to be a potential fear 

12 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

"I have treated many LSD users from the ’60s. They have a specific brainwave pattern which indicates disturbance, even decades later. They often do not sleep well, and use marijuana for help in falling asleep. They hold all kinds of bizarre notions. Why? Because their gating system was blown apart, feelings are bubbling up with little cerebral control."

Arthur Janov, Ph.D.. Beyond Belief (Kindle Locations 151-154). Reputation Books. Kindle Edition. 

This could be from the LSD, which was used extremely without caution, or also just the main unhingedness of that time. They were facing a lot of trauma and paranoia 

I also have a friend who did shrooms with a sketchy shaman and said he felt darkness around him since then. That week his dog and dad died. 

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

This could be from the LSD, which was used extremely without caution, or also just the main unhingedness of that time. They were facing a lot of trauma and paranoia 

Any psychedelic will do the same thing if it breaks through your defenses to the deeper parts of the brain.  When I was in the Amazon taking Black Ayahuasca I heard audible voices calling to me from the jungle.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@BlessedLion Salvia. Careful where you tread.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

the first time i did a full dose of 5 meo i had a horrible experience that was on my mind for months. the bottom of reality was absolute death. the terror of the meaningless, lifeless emptiness. absence. reality was a meaningless false shiny surface against a background of absolute death. hard to get worse. if i meditated long enough, i perceived that dead absolute, like a bottomless black square that swallowed everything. I knew that I had to go through that, since there is something indubitable: I am

Right but i still want to take mushrooms and explore consciousness. Hope to remove this fear

6 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Right but i still want to take mushrooms and explore consciousness. Hope to remove this fear

no matter what happens along the way, in the end you are. and you are an infinite well of absolute freedom that can only be described as perfection. more than any expectation that the mind can conceive. It's a good idea to realize that, it makes life taste different

Having a solid foundation and sober meditation practice is the key. Even if things go wrong u can still manage to get yourself out of it as long as u have the meditation practice going. And psychedelics are likely to be far more fruitful when u're a good meditator. And your judgement about psychedelics will be far better and more honest aswell. Everything hinges on sober meditation in the end. ( unless you're a very rare case or smth)

Edited by Salvijus

Could be. But I would bet that people who get that already have minds inclined towards that.

If you are into demons and such things, then psychedelics will crank that to 11.

I've seen how demons work. If you wish to see demons you can easily manifest demons. The problem is that people have a lot of shadow to integrate, a lot of trauma, and a lot of New Age sorts of beliefs. This can create for a large dark side. But when you've integrated much of your shadow, dealing with demons is no problem.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Consciousness work does open you up to darker realms but also lighter realms. When you do consciousness work, you're taking an elevator down into consciousness, and you'll go through many layers of the unconscious. Don't get stuck in the heavens and hells of the mind. You want to descend to the ground floor of your being.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Leo Gura do you see demon as a real entity with it's own Agenda and Power to take over ones consciousness or just as a shadow pattern in your subconscious mind? 

On 2/22/2023 at 11:36 PM, BlessedLion said:

My friend said psychedelics can open you to darker realms that stay in your consciousness after the trip is over. Fact or bs?

Yes, I will use myself as a example. Around 4 years ago I did my first DMT trip, I wasn’t doing good in my life that moment, too much to write on this post but basically, I was feeling sooo fkn disconnected from reality, and when I did DMT (I have some suspicion that it had a bit of weed mixed on it), it took those symptoms to a WHOLE scale I even could said astronomically exaggerated because after 2 days, I was having suicidal thoughts nonstop 24/7 (that was my first posts on this forum), depersonalization to it’s peak, severe depression, I even started to lose hair like wtf, etc. Which it what let me to work with ayahuasca for the first time and start healing and getting better already.

If you do mushroom I think is fine, my experience was a exception because other people that did trip with me that time did not affected them negatively. DMT (smoked) also is not bad, I was just not suppose to do it but already happened. It can also open you up to light realms so it depends of where you’re at consciously in your daily life. 

@Leo Gura How do you personally deal with demons?

I have a friend who is interested in the spiritual path and she also wants to try psychedelics, specially lsd. But im scared she might go crazy since she says demons have spooked them in dreams and recently at her house. She is paranoid and is scared of getting stuck in a serious bad trip, specially with some demonic entity who might trick her into comitting suicide. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

15 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Leo Gura How do you personally deal with demons?

I have a friend who is interested in the spiritual path and she also wants to try psychedelics, specially lsd. But im scared she might go crazy since she says demons have spooked them in dreams and recently at her house. She is paranoid and is scared of getting stuck in a serious bad trip, specially with some demonic entity who might trick her into comitting suicide. 

@Kalki Avatar In this case I would suggest to work with professionals or in a therapy environment. Understand first soberly what conditions the person might have before the trip, that can help a lot. My work healing with ayahuasca in this case, there was psychologists in the center so they can understand where I come from before work with the substance. 

My experience with “demons” is not so clear yet because I never saw them on my healing process but I could def said it was a tension or “dark energy” that was on me but it worked on levels, so I had to do multiples sessions purging that. 

Edited by Juan