AlldayLoop

Is Enlightenment Possible Without Psychedelics?

19 posts in this topic

-Is enlightenment possible without using any kind of psychedelic?

-I understand that psychedelics can be a tool for enlightenment. Does it necessarily mean then that psychedelic use for this purpose will shorten the time it takes for one to become enlightened? 

(note: I don't mean a temporary state when I say enlightenment)

@AlldayLoop Ive been in the spirituality scene since 2009 and I have never heard so much talk about psychedelics, then on this forum! It's unbelievable to me! 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

19 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

@AlldayLoop Ive been in the spirituality scene since 2009 and I have never heard so much talk about psychedelics, then on this forum! It's unbelievable to me! 

Well Leo made 3 videos about psychedelics, so it shouldn't be surprising.

1 hour ago, AlldayLoop said:

Well Leo made 3 videos about psychedelics, so it shouldn't be surprising.

I haven't watched any Leo videos and since I'm new here, I was just making an observation.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@AlldayLoop @Anna1 @I_Like_Thing  Unbelievable isn't it! Why not. You can get enlightened without the use of psychedelics. You can stay away from it if you like. You can always create your own path. :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

5 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

Edited by Anna1
Issues!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Ignore the above post.... page was stuck and made me reply something with the quote box... annoying.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

So, let me ask what's your definition of enlightenment?

Enlightenment  (I say that loosely) would, imo, be a permanent shift in perspective from the "person" to "awareness/consciousness". Although one would be still "associated" with the body/mind until the death of the body.

Epiphanies, awakenings, light bulb moments are different. They are "experiences" in time, they come and go. They can produce knowledge into your true nature or not, but very often after these experiences the ego comes right back to lay claim onto them. If this happens and the ego co-opts the experience, then one can get a bit ill with "enlightenment sickness". Meaning the ego is convinced it is enlightened and...God for bid, starts teaching.

So, does one need psychedelics for enlightenment- No. Is it useful for an awakening "experience"? Perhaps...I don't know, but I've never needed it. Persistent Self inquiry, that's the golden ticket for direct Self realization. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

When you say you don't need it, your comparing your enlightenment to your enlightenment with psychedelics experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

When you say you don't need it, your comparing your enlightenment to your enlightenment with psychedelics experience. 

Are your talking to me?... if so, your sentence doesn't make sense. I never laid claim to being fully enlightened and I've never done psychedelics, so how could I be comparing -

"your enlightenment to your enlightenment with psychedelics experience."

???

Edited by Anna1
Spelling

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

"Yes it's possible, you're it right now, the ego has never understood something so simple it's entire life and that's why it's a struggle. I'd say go look in the mirror and tell me what you see.... Yeah..That's it. You're it and that's the end of it. sorry to make it so difficult."

- Ego

Memento Mori

@AlldayLoop Yes, it's possible, many people have done without it.

buuuut IMO it's a powerfull tool if used right and it CAN make the process of enlightenment faster, not because is a shortcut or because you are more enlighted after you use it, but cause it motivates you, if you are meditating for years and havent had a glimpse of the truth or divine love you dont know the tast of the thing you are trying to reach, so you dont work hard to attain it 

It's like a kid who never had any chocolate in its whole life, but once you give it a chocolate bar the kid will do EVERYTHING to have another one, things that it woundt do before cause the kid didnt know how good was chocolate (the kid only wondered about it, because people said it was amazing and tasty and bla bla bla, only conceptions, not experiences) 

When I tried my first psychedelic I was so amazed that I was standing still for hours, just chocked, you know that myth that we use only 10% of our brain capacity? psychedelics showed me that I use only 1% of my heart, and that I have the potential to use it fully, it gave me the boost to meditate forever

I dont do it often and I think that first time showed me what I need to keep going, to infinity..

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

9 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

Just take a look at all those great masters across the world. You will get your answer.

Now take a look at drug users across the world, you will get your answers again.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Without drugs it is impossible, unfortunately. :(

fortunately for you I am offering a 20% discount for seekers and first purchase is free 

Shamanic use of psychedelics has been around since the dawn of man and has been linked to the development of art, language and a huge increase of human thinking.

Human have lived in a symbiotic relation with these things for thousands of years and they have been the mayor root of most religions. Complete egyptian spirituality was build around use of psychedelics like the blue lotus.

I find that many people here only think in the term of 'drugs' and carry alot of cultural stigma from the nixon period.

You can achieve enlightenment witout the use for sure, but it will be such a huge insight to see for yourself what the illusion of maya really is! It might motivate you alot more and enable you to fully comprehend what some mystics say. 

Holotropic breathing can result in a somewhat similar psychedelic state without the use of a substance. It doesnt last that long and only gives you a short peak. Once again they are tools, which can be abused or learned as a research tool of the mind.

I find that many people here only think in the term of 'drugs' and carry alot of cultural stigma from the nixon period.

Unfortunately the reasons you project on others as to why they don't consider drugs is just that, your own conclusions imposed on others.

@I_Like_Thing It sounds like you haven't tried them and yet your full of judgement. Most of the people who 'drop acid' or take ayahuasca indeed don't have the proper intention but they are also ignorant as hell and don't research further than their own nose. Luckily this is changing and the intent is becoming to learn about yourself/reality/past events and be open for different perspective you don't even know and yet people claim are so profound.

It is the profoundness or awe that can break a persons believe of the materialistic/physical world and be that extra push they need to go for that spiritual actualization. You can do it your own way, but don't bash on something you probably have no experience with (yet).

EDIT:

Just to make clear, you can achieve enlightenment without! You don't need those at all, but for some people they can be great tools. You decide what your intention is and how to properly use them like any other method or technique.

Edited by Principium Nexus

15 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

Yes

Get to work.

(Notice: nowhere in the guide does it say to use psychedelics.)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.