John Paul

Wouldn’t world peace be nice?

33 posts in this topic

I think world peace would be great. What do you think?

Don't you think it would get a bit stale after a while? Great for a while though.

How it would look like in your opinion?

Let Love In

15 hours ago, John Paul said:

I think world peace would be great. What do you think?

611464F7-027F-4767-AB07-9C54A258454E.jpeg

Sure, it’ll just be like Star Wars. We’ll just find another reason to ruin world peace and milk the hell out of it

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It sounds nice in theory, but in reality we'll get bored and stir crazy. We need a good war once in a while!

Think of it like rearranging furniture! ..... except instead of furniture it's human civilization.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Judy2 haha.. can’t imagine cause there will never be a turquoise world. Turquoise is for the eagles. But the eagles are only part of the eco-system.

Most people dont have peace with themselves. 

World peace is not on the menu right now.

Edited by D2sage

On 1/12/2023 at 8:30 AM, Roy said:

It sounds nice in theory, but in reality we'll get bored and stir crazy. We need a good war once in a while!

Think of it like rearranging furniture! ..... except instead of furniture it's human civilization.

Horrible

hopefully humans one day are advance that they believe they don’t need to have a war to stay entertained.

Today we live in the most peaceful era of humanity in terms of war, compared to what it was. The silver lining is that war with modern weapons is so prohibitely expensive and destructive that it's a net loss to wage war agressively (atleast between major states with large scale militaries). When we just had sticks and stones, war was often a net profit if you won. 

Peace happens when it's impossible/unfavorable to attack. 

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Edited by Basman

world peace would be but a cessation of hostilities

let's each get rid of our own hostility

then we will bring the peace not seek it

4 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Horrible

hopefully humans one day are advance that they believe they don’t need to have a war to stay entertained.

It's not about sadistic entertainment.

2 hours ago, Devin said:

It's not about sadistic entertainment.

I don’t believe it is and tbh I don’t agree with him. It’s simply a belief system the society / collective conscious shares. It will be several generations before people have the right level of development / consciousness and mindset so violence isn’t necessary to solve societal/state problems. A lot of facets and stuff to do with survival and resources will have to be able to support this belief system so lots of different stuff will have to be resolved before this is possible. I don’t see it happening on earth for easily another 200-500 years. 

Edited by Lyubov

29 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I don’t believe it is and tbh I don’t agree with him. It’s simply a belief system the society / collective conscious shares. It will be several generations before people have the right level of development / consciousness and mindset so violence isn’t necessary to solve societal/state problems. A lot of facets and stuff to do with survival and resources will have to be able to support this belief system so lots of different stuff will have to be resolved before this is possible. I don’t see it happening on earth for easily another 200-500 years. 

I guess my emphasis was more on the "horrible" part of your comment, as faux pas and sadistic as it sounds, war is a beautiful thing in a way, you see the fear and passion and even love if you look for it.

Edited by Devin

26 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

When you say: I don’t  agree with him!! See, thats why we dont have peace, because we are since down of Times in this process of agree/dont agree. Or in a constant disagreement. I say X and you say Y and is hard to you agree with my C because you have your Y and all the backstories for why your Y makes more sense than my X . And in certain easy topics my X and you Y can live together with no clash, but in some cases the X's and Y's are to strong and to much connected with survival foundations that me and you will not surrender till one of the Letters become sovereign over the other. Where are all humans that use belive and X worldviews? We dont know, they are gone , the Y's killed all of them so today we have only the X's and Z's,F's and a variety of differentiations in agreement and disagreement on and on.

Do you agree with me?

GG41.jpg

Bodhidharma sat facing the wall.

The Second Patriarch stood in the snow.

He cut off his arm and presented it to Bodhidharma, crying, “My mind has no peace as yet! I beg you, master, please pacify my mind!”

“Bring your mind here and I will pacify it for you,” replied Bodhidharma.

“I have searched for my mind, and I cannot take hold of it,” said the Second Patriarch.

“Now your mind is pacified,” said Bodhidharma

36 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

When you say: I don’t  agree with him!! See, thats why we dont have peace, because we are since down of Times in this process of agree/dont agree. Or in a constant disagreement. I say X and you say Y and is hard to you agree with my C because you have your Y and all the backstories for why your Y makes more sense than my X . And in certain easy topics my X and you Y can live together with no clash, but in some cases the X's and Y's are to strong and to much connected with survival foundations that me and you will not surrender till one of the Letters become sovereign over the other. Where are all humans that use belive and X worldviews? We dont know, they are gone , the Y's killed all of them so today we have only the X's and Z's,F's and a variety of differentiations in agreement and disagreement on and on.

Do you agree with me?

I disagree with you too here lol. I don’t believe the logical concept of “agreeing or disagreeing” with another person’s beliefs is what leads to violence.

you are basically saying “because people disagree it leads to violence.” Why do you believe because people disagree it leads to violence? These two things are not mutually exclusive. They are two separate things chained together. Not everyone has to believe the same thing for there to be world peace, but they do need to be on the same page about violence. 

You can have a disagreement with someone and have both people believing the issue does not have to be solved with violence. It happens all the time in modern society. We have courts for this very reason. This issue has been resolved on some scales in modern society already, it’s just expanding it outward. There was a point in time when issues were resolved purely with violence and the concept of a court didn’t even exist. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

I disagree with you too here lol. I don’t believe the logical concept of “agreeing or disagreeing” with another person’s beliefs is what leads to violence.

you are basically saying “because people disagree it leads to violence.” Why do you believe because people disagree it leads to violence? These two things are not mutually exclusive. They are two separate things chained together. Not everyone has to believe the same thing for there to be world peace, but they do need to be on the same page about violence. 

You can have a disagreement with someone and have both people believing the issue does not have to be solved with violence. It happens all the time in modern society. We have courts for this very reason. This issue has been resolved on some scales in modern society already, it’s just expanding it outward. There was a point in time when issues were resolved purely with violence and the concept of a court didn’t even exist. 

In this last shit show that happened in Brasil, apart from the Bolsonarists that could not accept the result of elections or in other words "they were in disagreemen with the results" , anothe thing happened, I dont know of is in the news, I will search. But I said that in a Pub full pf people one guy with a weapons asked: There are any Lula supporter here? One guy said : Yes, me Why? And he receive  a shot. Boom, simple like that. That go to court now and the justice will be made. But the violence came first. 

So what I said was not that two people in disagreemt cant live side by side in peace. See how many couples living together many years, they don't  agree all the time. But certain topics in tje extreme can lead to violence, because one ideology wish to survive over the other ideology, but ideologies dont float out there fighting each other, they figth via the people who carry them and are not flexible enogth to say: Ok, fuck your political party fuck mine, lets just drink together. Some do that some not. 

Edit: Was not shot, was stabing with knife. The link is in portuguese. I cant translate that. 

https://www.cut.org.br/noticias/ce-apoiador-de-bolsonaro-invade-bar-pergunta-quem-e-eleitor-de-lula-e-mata-f61e

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

Btw, if you want to see one example of peace check the thread about Patrick bet-David and Neil, on COVID discussion. ? ?

Peace is negotiation process