Victor van Rijn

Clear critical analysis of 'woke' culture

231 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Tyler Robinson said:

In order to overcome the barriers of a phase we must  at least first reach that phase. 

People talk about the limits of GREEN but they haven't even reached Green yet. 

Stage Yellow people will agree with me. Wokeness is the opposite of Spiral-Wizardry. You cannot brow-beat people into progress. 

The trucker-situation in Canada gave me a lot of hope that people will not be silent against the woke oppression. 

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They don't.

Lol, is this your response to me telling you to consider the possibility?! 

I have been ignoring your failures to walk your talk of 'open-mindedness' but this is just too blatant. 

Just now, mr_engineer said:

Stage Yellow people will agree with me. Wokeness is the opposite of Spiral-Wizardry. You cannot brow-beat people into progress. 

The trucker-situation in Canada gave me a lot of hope that people will not be silent against the woke oppression. 

Lmfao how many stage yellow people do you meet everyday? 5? 10?

The world is mostly stage Blue and Orange right now. 

How many people visit this forum out of a population of 7 billion? 

Now you know why we need green. 

You can only reach yellow after you have been Green. 

Yellow is a more matured big picture version of Green. But Green is the foundational stage for Yellow. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

1 minute ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Lmfao how many stage yellow people do you meet everyday? 5? 10?

The world is mostly stage Blue and Orange right now. 

How many people visit this forum out of a population of 7 billion? 

Now you know why we need green. 

You can only reach yellow after you have been Green. 

Yellow is a more matured big picture version of Green. But Green is the foundational stage for Yellow. 

I think you missed what I said. Let me repeat. You. Cannot. Brow-Beat. People. Into. Progress. 

Stage Yellow isn't always neutral, it won't always take the middle way. It can take a stand when it has to. The trucker-movement was a Stage Yellow movement. For human rights, for body-sovereignty. Not fucking up the whole system in the face of an immediate crisis. 

5 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

woke oppression. 

Wokeism might seem fascist now. But it's a by product of a major movement towards progressivism. 

Every growth curve will have ups and downs. 

What you see are the "downs" in the growth curve. 

Over a period of time, this curve will flatten and you'll see a more balanced version of what you see today. 

Every counter movement has been aggressive and oppressive, but this oppression is a necessary evil to cut through the heavy glass ceiling. 

Nothing establishes itself softly and gently. 

What you see as woke oppression had to exist. It's like the saying - storm before the calm. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No it isn't.

No! They are literally different levels of consciousness.

Different doesn't mean higher.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is why I teach Spiral Dynamics, so people stop making this mistake.

SD is a leftist bias. Nothing in life suggests that a right winger cannot have higher consciousness than a left winger, except SD and similar models. And it's an oversimplification to suggest so. MAGA is not ideal, and so is wokism. That's the point. They're both a caricature of their imagined ideal, and their ideals are not one better than the other, but complementary to each other.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In practice what would happen if Teal's political advice was followed is that American democracy would be overthrown in a fascist coup by mouthbreathing religous fanatics.

We've seen how much your so-called 'woke democracy' respects people's body-sovereignty. 

And it is a big mistake to demonize all of religion. There are good things about religion that are the reason people hold onto it. The solution to those fanatics is to do a better job of embodying those religious values and appealing to them, winning them over from corrupt politicians in the right rather than going full anti-religion. 

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And the ironic thing is that the woke are the only thing standing between Teal being burned at the stake for the witch that she is. Once the MAGA take power then you'll really see "free speech" and "cancel culture".

This sounds more conservative, with the in-group vs out-group thing. I don't buy that half of the country wants to go back to the 18th century. Stage Orange in and of itself is a progressive force, it's all about material expansion and development. And we have to integrate a lot of good things about it. 

Most Stage Orange people simply don't have the time to go after New-Age people, they're too busy dealing with their own pragmatic shit. They won't waste their time proselytizing their religion to people who will 'agree to disagree', which is also a Stage Orange intellectual value. 

If you give common people such little credit, how will you effect any real positive change in the world?! 

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As intolerant as the woke are, anything less than woke is far more intolerant. And that intolerance will be felt by Teal and her tribe first and foremost. Teal's whole audience is full of soft Green crybabies who will be raped and trafficked by the likes of Tate and his Red Pill charmers.

You are doing your audience a huge disservice right now by breaking a light-source of progress past Stage Green. 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Wokeism might seem fascist now. But it's a by product of a major movement towards progressivism. 

Every growth curve will have ups and downs. 

What you see are the "downs" in the growth curve. 

Over a period of time, this curve will flatten and you'll see a more balanced version of what you see today. 

Every counter movement has been aggressive and oppressive, but this oppression is a necessary evil to cut through the heavy glass ceiling. 

Nothing establishes itself softly and gently. 

What you see as woke oppression had to exist. It's like the saying - storm before the calm. 

Spoken like a true conservative. Rationalizing your own oppressive and repressive behaviors. You're becoming the very thing you're demonizing, do you realize that?! 

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

Spoken like a true conservative. Rationalizing your own oppressive and repressive behaviors. You're becoming the very thing you're demonizing, do you realize that?! 

What about you? 

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

What about you? 

xD

♡✸♡.

@Leo Gura I honestly don't know whether to cringe, shake my head, facepalm, or all of the above at your posts here. You're deeply biased and entrenched in left values that it's clouding your judgement. Your political views are not balanced, even though they might seem that way to you. It's not because you're advocating for Green per se that you are unbalanced, but because you're discrediting the right and giving a lot of unwarranted credit to the left. Keep in mind that most greenies have not experienced Red nor Blue properly, including yourself.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Teal's role in an anti-woke society is either as a housewife or burning at the stake. She should know better having grown up in Mormon Utah.

Society isn't as one-dimensional as you think it is. Anti-woke doesn't necessarily mean, a regression to conservatism. It can also mean a step towards a more egalitarian world, where people are allowed to believe what they want. The straight white male has a place in that world. 

You seem to be making the mistake of believing the woke people at face-value, that 'they're for equality, for social-justice'. Teal isn't making that mistake, she's talking about what they're actually about. 

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Green is not merely virtue signaling, Green is keeping corporations, fascists, and religious fanatics from enslaving you. You can't speak of the evils of Green without speaking of their positive function in society.

This was true 50 years ago, not today. Today's Green is enabling the enslavement of people by corporations and fascists. This is what she says. 

Edit - I keep quoting her to show you that I'm not alone in the way I see this. There are legit people out there who agree with me. 

Edited by mr_engineer

Is it a valid point to acknowledge that a lot of the green absurdities push people to become reactionaries? A lot of green people are intolerant cu*** to those below them on the spiral, it's not always a great strategy.

31 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Different doesn't mean higher.

SD is a leftist bias. Nothing in life suggests that a right winger cannot have higher consciousness than a left winger, except SD and similar models. And it's an oversimplification to suggest so. MAGA is not ideal, and so is wokism. That's the point. They're both a caricature of their imagined ideal, and their ideals are not one better than the other, but complementary to each other.

You’re talking about ‘oversimplification’ over here and yet the term “wokeism” is a deliberately hijacked AAVE term made up by right wingers.  “Woke” originally meant,  “being aware of injustices to our people” (said by black people).  It is now used as a blanket term to point to LGBTQ, minorities (especially black people), BLM, oppressed people or anything that the right wing conservative bunch deem as “icky” in one big neat little bigoted bow.

What are you on about here?  Lol.  MAGA was literally a political movement started by Donald Trump.  It’s printed on fucking red hats.

Basic human decency isn’t a caricature of an imagined ideal.  

16 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

where people are allowed to believe what they want. The straight white male has a place in that world. 

Lmfao get the fuck outta here with this garbage.  There should be a place in the world for the current most protected and most privileged race on this planet?  Really?  It still hasn’t budged, other than getting their feefees hurt that other people are wanting not to be the rungs of society anymore.

@Leo Gura How do you deal with this pseudo-intellectual Reddit tier garbage day in and day out?  Before you started Actualized, did you anticipate inane discussions that are deliberately sided as “hehe I’m smarter than the guy who made this forum!“ ?

19 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Is it a valid point to acknowledge that a lot of the green absurdities push people to become reactionaries? A lot of green people are intolerant cu*** to those below them on the spiral, it's not always a great strategy.

To a degree, yes.

But I wouldn’t overblow this point either.

Whatever selfishness and corruption you are accusing Stage Green of, the lower stages WIll BE WORSE in their selfishness and corruption. 

That’s one of the fundamental errors the anti-woke crowd is making. They are not seeing the hierarchy.

Edited by aurum

2 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Lmfao get the fuck outta here with this garbage.  There should be a place in the world for the current most protected and most privileged race on this planet?  Really?  It still hasn’t budged, other than getting their feefees hurt that other people are wanting not to be the rungs of society anymore.

This is racism disguised as anti-racism. 

Is it such a big sin, to ask for a place in the world?! Or, should the straight white male be exterminated?! Is that what the woke crowd believes?! 

5 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

@Leo Gura How do you deal with this pseudo-intellectual Reddit tier garbage day in and day out?  Before you started Actualized, did you anticipate inane discussions that are deliberately sided as “hehe I’m smarter than the guy who made this forum!“ ?

Aww, I'm so sorry. 

9 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

You’re talking about ‘oversimplification’ over here and yet the term “wokeism” is a deliberately hijacked AAVE term made up by right wingers.  “Woke” originally meant,  “being aware of injustices to our people” (said by black people).  It is now used as a blanket term to point to LGBTQ, minorities (especially black people), BLM, oppressed people or anything that the right wing conservative bunch deem as “icky” in one big neat little bigoted bow.

What are you on about here?  Lol.  MAGA was literally a political movement started by Donald Trump.  It’s printed on fucking red hats.

Basic human decency isn’t a caricature of an imagined ideal.  

The levels of bias here are basically infinite.

Just now, mr_engineer said:

This is racism disguised as anti-racism

Is it such a big sin, to ask for a place in the world?! Or, should the straight white male be exterminated?! Is that what the woke crowd believes?! 

Aww, I'm so sorry. 

Hahahaha yeah no, nice try snowflake.  That won’t work here.

Straight white males are fucking everywhere, they haven’t left and they’re still in charge.  Normal sane people are not saying they should leave.  Normal sane people are not saying to “exterminate” them.  The fuck are you smoking?

Yes, I’m very sorry you’re a shitty poster and I called you out on it.

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

The levels of bias here are basically infinite.

Nothing of value, per usual!

2 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Straight white males are fucking everywhere, they haven’t left and they’re still in charge.  Normal sane people are not saying they should leave.  Normal sane people are not saying to “exterminate” them.  The fuck are you smoking?

But that's what's being done through the cancel-culture, through the enabling of BLM-riots, through the MeToo movement, through the sexualization of children in schools by teaching them about LGBT too early. 

I don't pay attention to what people say, I pay attention to what they do. What they mean by what they say. This virtue-signalling won't work with me. We all know very well what's going on, let's not pretend otherwise. 

This thread is going down as a clasic heated derailed thread.

I think we all can agree, that words rhyme with green right?