Victor van Rijn

Clear critical analysis of 'woke' culture

231 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

There's no such thing as a 'dangerous ideology'. It's not the ideology itself that's dangerous, that's just words. It's what people make it mean and it's what they do with it. It's actions that are dangerous, not ideologies. 

For that matter, woke people support taking away people's body-sovereignty in response to a pandemic. Does this mean that I'm gonna classify woke ideology as a 'dangerous ideology'?! I could, by your logic. But, I won't, cuz I see that it's not the ideas that are dangerous, it's the actions. 

Can you answer the question?

1 minute ago, Consept said:

Can you answer the question?

Your question makes untrue assumptions. I'm trying to draw your attention to that. 

1 minute ago, KH2 said:

Why are you continiously failing to realize, that words lead to thoughts, thoughts lead to emotions, emotions lead to action? Words have therefore real consequences, in the real world

Because the link between thoughts and emotions is different for every individual. Same goes for the link between emotions and actions. And, when you get down to it, not all of those actions are dangerous.

You have to solve this on an individual level, by understanding what they need. 

Just now, mr_engineer said:

Your question makes untrue assumptions. I'm trying to draw your attention to that. 

Because the link between thoughts and emotions is different for every individual. Same goes for the link between emotions and actions. And, when you get down to it, not all of those actions are dangerous.

You have to solve this on an individual level, by understanding what they need. 

However you want to word it, have you worked with young people before?

2 minutes ago, Consept said:

However you want to word it, have you worked with young people before?

Yeah. I'm working with people here right now! 

Just now, Consept said:

Thats slightly worrying, in what capacity?

5-10 people. On this thread. 

Some times is difficult to see outside the box of to solve the 9 dots challenge.

As far as I see not only online but in my day to day life is basicaly the difficulty to transfer meaning to each other in a way that the other side feel that you understood him and he understood you. 

Today I was watching this serie, such a gem found in the ocean of foolishness that YouTube seems to be. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

1 minute ago, KH2 said:

It doesn't matter, because when you're trying to solve problems of society, you don't think about problems of each individual within that society, but rather a congregation of problems of everyone. And you always try to treat problems of the lowest common denominator, not the most psychologically developed person.

The last in the group, IS the group.

That's kinda insulting to the psychologically developed people. And, it's inefficient to dismiss the value they have to offer to you in solving the problems. 

7 minutes ago, KH2 said:

False. You don't know that

I do know that. Your interpretation of a 'dangerous ideology' is entirely your choice. 

By your logic, if you start following the Taliban on Twitter, you'll get radicalized by them and you're a potentially dangerous individual. Whether you tune into Twitter everyday or once a month. 

12 minutes ago, Consept said:

Ok so you havent actually worked with young people in a professional capacity?

I have 4-5 students that I teach for a living. 

I will give a thougth experiment for you guys:

What if you would enter in this house they call in the video TheValt, and your mission would be to help them to understand some high Self-Actualization ideias. Well, before hand first take into account that you would need to get them to pay attention.

@KH2

27 minutes ago, KH2 said:

Why are you continiously failing to realize, that words lead to thoughts, thoughts lead to emotions, emotions lead to action? Words have therefore real consequences, in the real world

From words, thoughts, emotions and actions. Swords falling in motion creates fractions, with each faction acting their facts, the fact is traction is gained by blame every faction not yours, so, welcome to the world and society, where we sicken minds by design via digital swords falling down on thy minds, emulsifying immiscible liquids that never meant to be mixed in union, mates, the devil is in the details!

1 minute ago, mr_engineer said:

Physics. 

OK so specifically what i was talking about was working with kids that are vulnerable in youth services, which i did personally for about 4 years. When you work with them you realise that they are suceptible to outside 'bad' influences. In my case the young people were potentially vulnerable to join criminal gangs but we also specifically worked with young people that were vulnerable to terrorist organisations. Young people become more vulnerable if they have a bad home life or have mental health problems etc if young people that fall into this category are targeted by people trying to groom and radicalise them, this can result in devastating consequence, whereby the young person can go to deep and commit a real crime and possibly get imprisoned or hurt someone. What you need to understand is that these organisations are actively looking to do this, that is there sole reason for releasing information, its not a case of theyre just saying what they think and some people are taking it too seriously, the content is specifically designed to target vulnerable people who are likely to join whoever's movement. This is a very real thing that happens everyday. 

I asked you if you worked with young people in this capacity because if you did you would realise how serious this issue is. While it might be fun to philosophise on how we can maintain free speech and how everyones sovereign, the reality is real people and families get hurt by this everyday. If you went into the world and saw this i think it would be impossible to keep your position. Luckily you dont have any sufficient reach to affect anyone, but for your own understanding, realise that you just watching things on youtube and then thinking you have some solution compared to people who have spent years in the industry, specifically dealing with this issue is not even close to being comparable. The only reason why people are even responding to you is because of how ignorant your thinking is. 

@Rafael Thundercat

3 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

I will give a thougth experiment for you guys:

What if you would enter in this house they call in the video TheValt, and your mission would be to help them to understand some high Self-Actualization ideias. Well, before hand first take into account that you would need to get them to pay attention.

I am so thankful that I'm just a millennial conservative, and not sucked into the Tik Tok ideology going on. And at the same time, I am sad that there's little hope left for humanity to reform itself. High probability that EQ/IG averages are declining as time goes on, due to over consumption of social media sites, predator algorithms catering to every bias and preferences of users designed to capture and syphon your attention into passivity and degrading attention.

6 hours ago, KH2 said:

The seriousness of problems of less developed portions of society's and groups is much greater, than their opposities. Problems of homeless people represent much greater danger and ultimately drain much more resources from goverments than problems of the middle class, for example.

Yeah, but if you have a good relationship with the middle-class and aren't taxing them too much for the sake of the homeless, they can help integrate the homeless more, if you involve them voluntarily in initiatives that cater to the middle-class ego, like charity-work/NGO-work. 

6 hours ago, KH2 said:

You can afford a luxury of thinking that words and hate directed towards LGBT community doesn't mean much, until you have an LGBT son who gets murdered. Regardless of whether the murderer's main motivations for killing your son were the words he read on some shady sites or not, he was clearly inspired by them. And if it wasn't for those words, maybe he would choose to murder a member of some other group, and your son would be alive and well. See, it's easy to intelectualize when your skin isn't in the game.

The problem isn't the homophobia, then. It's the murder, right?! And you gotta look into that individual's past to figure out why they did it. And address something more serious that's behind it, like, say, the economic-instability. This is what the police is supposed to do, ideally. 

For every one homophobe that commits a murder, there's hundreds, thousands that don't. And, when you make homophobia itself a taboo, you never solve it. And, the problems LGBT people face don't get solved, they get worse. 

Edited by mr_engineer

Oh, and never thought that it's possible to have female pimps snare young teens into being 'influencers'. Crazy it's not illegal yet.

@Consept It is very important that we wake up to our epistemic-power and take ownership of what we believe. Honestly, that's the only solution to the problems you're mentioning. 

On all of the issues you mentioned, gangs, terrorism, etc. These people are not consciously thinking about what they're doing and the consequences of it. When they do and they see crying families as a result of it, they leave! 

This ideology that 'young people are susceptible to bad influences' puts them in a disempowered position relative to their own minds. Your industry may benefit from believing thus, cuz now, you have an enemy to fight out there. But, I'd much rather you focus on helping the individuals build a decent life. Through good role-modelling. And this starts by them owning their minds. 

11 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Rafael Thundercat

I am so thankful that I'm just a millennial conservative, and not sucked into the Tik Tok ideology going on. And at the same time, I am sad that there's little hope left for humanity to reform itself. High probability that EQ/IG averages are declining as time goes on, due to over consumption of social media sites, predator algorithms catering to every bias and preferences of users designed to capture and syphon your attention into passivity and degrading attention.

I instaled TikTok on purpouse to become aware of the hype and in the experience I forced myself to consume it remembering how my 14 years old mentality was an checking how it would affect me.  I think degrading attention is the exact term to describe the effects. 

But apparently millons love that, and millions love their Wokist ideias and some Love Actualized content. Furtunately there is variety in the world, otherwise we would not  have even this Forum.