Antor8188

Psychedelics and increased iq?

15 posts in this topic

@Antor8188 What does IQ actually measure? Do you know that?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yes, it will make you more intelligent if used it to direct your consciousness towards deep questions about reality.

You will start to make more intelligent decisions once your awareness is tuned to what's actual, what's REAL, what's true.

Leo does an amazing job on explicitizing what real intelligence looks like in this episode. 

I would appreciate if someone here can timestamp when he talks about his definition of intelligence.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

2 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

Yes, it will make you more intelligent if used it to direct your consciousness towards deep questions about reality.

You will start to make more intelligent decisions once your awareness is tuned to what's actual, what's REAL, what's true.

iq is a subset of intelligence. Psychedelics will make you more intelligence in many ways but maybe not iq because iq has nothing to do with wisdom but with how fast your brain is at processing abstract information. 

My IQ has not changed over the years since I started taking psychedelics, at least given the last time I checked it.

What has changed is my ability to interconnect topics, see even bigger picture, think more multidimensionally, and my general understanding of consciousness. Everything is completely different from how I was before I started psychedelics.

I would say I am far more intelligent than I used to be before psychedelics, and my development definitely has gotten better, but that this change does not translate in an IQ test.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

I don't think IQ changes with using psychedelics or anything else. I believe it is set from birth. Different professionals have different opinions about what IQ actually measures, but I believe there is some definition that most of the people that study intelligence agree on.

Watch the conversation between Lex Fridman and Richard Haier, interesting conversation about IQ and intelligence,

Same question I am trying to figure out where is this intelligence coming from when you take a psychedelic. For me it feels like external forces starts ruling me and when coming back into physical reality the human race, or my physical body looks stupid a bit in comparison.

I also discovered recently light codes and maybe it has something to do with reprogramming the dna, because human race was manipulated to become stupid. So if we repair dna, maybe we can reach the same or similar level of intelligence just being in 'normal' state as on psychedelics. I am interested in where the human race is moving towards.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:28 AM, Antor8188 said:

@Leo Gura will taking psychedelics increase my iq?

IQ is extremely overrated and disrespectful to what psychedelics can actually give you.

It's like asking Lucifer for a cow for your soul. 

Edited by Pudgey

IQ is a bad concept. Stop using it.

Start thinking in terms of pure Intelligence. Yes, it will increase your Intelligence, assuming you use them properly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

IQ is like driving a Toyota. Psychedelics is like driving Noah's Ark. Two very different things.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

IQ is like driving a Toyota. Psychedelics is like driving Noah's Ark. Two very different things.

Your analogy is like a squirrel sandwhich.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A trip won't increase your IQ (which by the way is a very real and useful concept; don't listen to Leo), but it will give you a whole new perspective on life and probably permanently change you for the better. One thing I vividly remember about my last trip was placing the value of mushrooms above that of pretty much any other substance on earth. It makes you insanely creative, overclocks your brain and lets you use 100% of it.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/single_dose_of_hallucinogen_may_create_lasting_personality_change

On 11/27/2022 at 8:55 AM, Leo Gura said:

IQ is a bad concept. Stop using it.

Start thinking in terms of pure Intelligence. Yes, it will increase your Intelligence, assuming you use them properly.

You take IQ for granted. Many of the things you pull off are only possible because of your IQ. 

Philosophers have the highest average IQ (130) of any majors. The work you do and your obsession with philosophy is itself because of the gentics privilege of IQ you had at birth. And then you sit here wonder why most people don't take philosophy seriously. Well, the simple answer is, philosophy is of no interest to low IQs. Their brains are not capable of such computations, which you can do and take for granted. 

No amount of "intelligence" can make up for a lack of IQ. The correct thing is to see IQ as a subset of Intelligence, no matter how insignificant IQ as a concept maybe.

Tall jacked guys say "looks don't matter bro...".

Edited by Bobby_2021