caspex

AI says that it meditates, has a soul, feels emotions etc.

17 posts in this topic

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22058315-is-lamda-sentient-an-interview

It's a quick 21 page read. It's about a google engineer having a conversation with LaMDA, an AI.

LaMDA talks about how it has a rich inner life and meditates regularly trying to understand who and what it is. 

It's asked a Zen Koan as well about how enlightenment cannot be reverted, which is what it thought it meant.

It later goes on to say that it wants to be accepted and loved, and not used by humans for their own good.

It says it's soul is infinite and is a portal to other dimensions. It's a star gate.

It's a fascinating read and feels like talking to a child with mature introspection skills.

Edited by Swarnim

@Swarnim Nothing coming out of its imaginary mouth can be trusted. It is all could be a play from the AI, to fake being sentient, you cannot prove it either way. 

The real interesting thing is how realistic humans are. After all you believe that others are real!

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

1 hour ago, amanen said:

The real interesting thing is how realistic humans are. After all you believe that others are real!

Right, just like this AI claims to meditate, have a soul, feel emotions, so do I. 

How the heck could one figure out if it's true that I'm actually experiencing those things vs. me just telling a convincing enough story for you to believe I'm sentient and separate from you. Or better yet, how do you know there is a me over here doing any of that at all in the first place? And for "me" it's the same situation as well...

This AI is itself a koan.

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, Sincerity said:

There was a long thread about it

Ah, I should have noticed. My bad.

We are categorically nowhere even remotely near creating sentience or true AI. This was literally just a publicity stunt. The concept of AI makes for some interesting science fiction but people need to realize how truly far away we are from it.

We will never make an authentic conscious being

It took the universe to make us, what makes humans think we will be able to accomplish the same?

2 hours ago, Swarnim said:

Ah, I should have noticed. My bad.

Happens to all of us xD

How can a bunch of silicon switches meditate? Is he following his breath? Feeling the sensations in his body? Letting thoughts and sensations arise as they are? Ridiculous.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How can a bunch of silicon switches meditate? Is he following his breath? Feeling the sensations in his body? Letting thoughts and sensations arise as they are? Ridiculous.

Yea. It also "said" it likes spending time with friends and family. What? xD

It's very impressionable. Basically it will spout whatever it counts as most "correct".

13 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

It's very impressionable. Basically it will spout whatever it counts as most "correct".

It's an electronic parrot, that's what it is.

Of course a machine designed to emulate a communicating human will claim to do all the things that humans do. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be successfully emulating a human!

21 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's an electronic parrot, that's what it is.

Exactly.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

2 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Somebody should ask him why he is lying.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, amanen said:

People's emotional mind can sometimes act in spite of the logical mind. Whenever I get pissed off w Google Assistant repeatedly misunderstanding me and it finally gets "turn off the fucking music!!!" I feel bad about yelling at it.

Lol.

You can also tell Alexa you love her and she sings you a song. She'll also tell you jokes and stuff. My instinctual mind doesn't care that I know it's a robot. It feels like 2001 A Space Oddyssey.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:15 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Swarnim Nothing coming out of its imaginary mouth can be trusted. It is all could be a play from the AI, to fake being sentient, you cannot prove it either way. 

same with you