Someone here

Be careful with Neo-Advaita trap

195 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura In Absolute Omniscience I'm sure the awareness that you think of as you was present. Can you describe from this state what your understanding of Leo was? Is it a mask you construct that dampens down your awareness?

A sort of romanticized fantasy. Like a well-written character in a novel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

:x

Apparently.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I am often shown analogies of films and film making in dreams when I ask questions about reality.

I must have really wanted to forget I was God because this limited character of Matthew is really difficult to shake. Try as I might, he keeps reasserting himself. 

12 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura I am often shown analogies of films and film making in dreams when I ask questions about reality.

I must have really wanted to forget I was God because this limited character of Matthew is really difficult to shake. Try as I might, he keeps reasserting himself. 

^Nope you are just hopelessly in love with yourself. Its not reasserting...you just don't want to let go....and why not? Because Matthew85 is absolute perfection!!! Why would you wanna let go of perfection?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

36 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Nope you are just hopelessly in love with yourself. Its not reasserting...you just don't want to let go....and why not? Because Matthew85 is absolute perfection!!! Why would you wanna let go of perfection?

While I agree every state and experience is perfection in it's unique way. I guess it comes down to preference. When I achieve expanded states, I much prefer them. 

Even as God, preference doesn't go away. The human experience is very specific. Why did you create the sky blue or women to have two breasts instead of four? This indicates a type of preference. While everything is perfect, we still have preferences. For example, you could be in prison or free. Both are perfect. Which one do you prefer? 

Edited by Matthew85

You awaken on your own. Not by following anyone or subscribing to anything. 

Borrow and adopt a word or two, but do things by yourself. Do not follow blindly.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trust me.

None of that is Awakening.

Nobody on this planet understands what Awakening is except me. I am the only thing in the Universe that is Awake.

I am so Awake I cannot die.

I am Absolute Truth.

Buddhism is just a dream you concocted to keep yourself asleep.

;)

have you heard of dharmakaya?

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Well that is literally what philosophy is . You sit down and use your intellectual facilities ALONE to arrive at conclusions. Unlike physical science (biology, chemistry, physics etc ) when you Have to empirically test things out .

That's not what philosophy is to me. If it doesn't change the way you experience reality, and is in turn influenced by your experience of reality, it ain't philosophy.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura I would imagine in the state of Absolute Omniscience, fear does not exist. 

Correct. God is too conscious to fear itself.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

You awaken on your own. Not by following anyone or subscribing to anything. 

Borrow and adopt a word or two, but do things by yourself. Do not follow blindly.

Yes.

41 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

have you heard of dharmakaya?

Aye.

A man arrived at the gates of Heaven.

St. Peter asked, “Religion?”

The man said, “Methodist.”

St. Peter looked down his list and said,” Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

Another man arrived at the gates of Heaven.

“Religion?”

“Catholic.”

“Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

A third man arrived at the gates.

“Religion?”

“Jewish.”

“Go to Room 11 but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

The man said, “I can understand there being different rooms for different religions, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?”

St. Peter told him, “Well, the Baptists are in Room 8, and they think they’re the only ones here.”

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

While I agree every state and experience is perfection in it's unique way. I guess it comes down to preference. When I achieve expanded states, I much prefer them. 

Even as God, preference doesn't go away. The human experience is very specific. Why did you create the sky blue or women to have two breasts instead of four? This indicates a type of preference. While everything is perfect, we still have preferences. For example, you could be in prison or free. Both are perfect. Which one do you prefer? 

How do you know...if there aren't beings with more than 2 breasts? We are only on Earth we have yet to go to even get out of the Milky Way. But you just ignored the point I was pointing to. Why do you think it is so hard to achieve and maintain expanded states? Think about it....why is that the case?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Fear can be only natural.  It’s prolonged or unnecessary fear that is unnatural.  For example, Bashar says we are free to feel any negative emotion for 20 seconds and it won’t be ‘low vibration’.  I don’t think it’s literal, although it might be, but it’s indicating that emotions are okay just not emotions that are unnecessarily prolonged or attached to. 

???????

A man arrived at the gates of god realization.

Nobody asked, “Spiritual practice?”

The man said, “Neo-Advaita.”

Nobody looked down the list and said,” Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

Another man arrived at the gates of god realization.

“Spiritual practice?”

“Buddhist.”

“Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

A third man arrived at the gates.

“Spiritual practice?”

“New age.”

“Go to Room 11 but be very quiet as you pass Room 8.”

The man said, “I can understand there being different rooms for different practices, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?”

Nobody told him, “Well, Leo Gura is in Room 8, and thinks they’re the only one here.”

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL Cute.

But there's only one room: You.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@SOUL Cute.

But there's only one room: You.

It's all just a story to get to the punchline....the cosmic joke.

58 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

How do you know...if there aren't beings with more than 2 breasts? We are only on Earth we have yet to go to even get out of the Milky Way.

@Razard86 How do you know that there are? Are you on Earth in the Milky Way galaxy? Or it that only a story you tell yourself? Perhaps all that exists is what is in you present experience. 

If everything is equally perfect why do you seek knowledge, insights or change? Do you prefer being sick with the flu or being well? Both are perfect.

I prefer expanded states. Perhaps God is playing the game of imposing limitations to experience transcending them. 

Edited by Matthew85

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Razard86 How do you know that there are? Are you on Earth in the Milky Way galaxy? Or it that only a story you tell yourself? Perhaps all that exists is what is in you present experience. 

If everything is equally perfect why do you seek knowledge, insights or change? Do you prefer being sick with the flu or being well? Both are perfect.

I prefer expanded states. Perhaps God is playing the game of imposing limitations and then transcending them. 

Matthew85.....do you think we have discovered all the life that exists? Also...if you want to play the story game....this right here IS A STORY, the story that is called MY LIFE. We can play the story game if you like.

You say you prefer the expanded states...if you truly wanted them....you wouldn't be on here typing you would be risking it all to figure out to get it. You are conflicted and that is why you are here talking about it. Let's not play games, let's be honest here. 

@Razard86 No, not conflicted. I am here seeking clues and insights to solve and transcend this complex puzzle I created.