Someone here

Be careful with Neo-Advaita trap

195 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, axiom said:

@Arthogaan

I once thought so too. But actually, there is an apparent difference.

When Leo refers to 'I' he means infinite ego, the ownership (self-ownership) of infinity.

When I refer to 'I', I refer to the illusion of selfhood, the seeking energy.

I would say that infinity cannot be circumscribed by an 'I'. Doing so is like trying to fit a a turbocharged, two-stroke reciprocating diesel engine (designed to power large container ships) inside the chassis of a bubble car. 

Leo would say that infinity is the 'I'.

"I" is the ultimate strange loop and the best pointer to infinity.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

4 minutes ago, axiom said:

When Leo refers to 'I' he means infinite ego, the ownership (self-ownership) of infinity.

When I refer to 'I', I refer to the illusion of selfhood, the seeking energy.

If you inflate the "I" to infinity it seems like this ownership flips on intself because if you are everything you can't own anything. You are everything so there is nothing left to be owned.

As to seeking energy I would say that Absolute/Infinity IS for eternity in its perfect qualityless formless soup and then out of Love/Will emerges GOD/ALL THERE ISNESS/"I"/Ultimate Seeking Energy/Pure Expansion

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

7 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Had you ever had fun talking to  npc in a video game? I did.

Even more so if you realize that this npc is You and is designed by Highest Inteligent Love.

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Don't be silly. What difference does it make? You can still connect with humans all the same and potentially way deeper than you could have ever dreamed of.

Think about your dreams at night...all other persons are just figments of your imagination.  You dream them all up . Once you wake up from the dream they all disappear. 

if the same dynamic is true with "real life "..then literally what's the point of social interactions with people if they are just figments of your mind and have no inner qualitative experience of their own ?

Really sit down and contemplate the implications and consequences of solipsism.  This is scary shit .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Think about your dreams at night...all other persons are just figments of your imagination.  You dream them all up . Once you wake up from the dream they all disappear. 

if the same dynamic is true with "real life "..then literally what's the point of social interactions with people if they are just figments of your mind and have no inner qualitative experience of their own ?

Really sit down and contemplate the implications and consequences of solipsism.  This is scary shit .

It's still fun though.

If you go out with your friends and you all have great fun, the last thing you will think about is whether they are real or not. It simply doesn't matter.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Best dreams I had was the ones that I realized that I am dreaming, I am alone here and I can do what I want. Did you ever lucid dream? It is the best fun. And now Lucid Dreaming happens in "waking life" too.

Still my argument with video games stands. You can have lots of fun talking to npc in a video game.

31 minutes ago, Godishere said:

But why not you? You are the one after all claiming to be the most awake and one and only..

Because you imagine me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

It's still fun though.

If you go out with your friends and you all have great fun, the last thing you will think about is whether they are real or not. It simply doesn't matter.

7 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Best dreams I had was the ones that I realized that I am dreaming, I am alone here and I can do what I want. Did you ever lucid dream? It is the best fun. And now Lucid Dreaming happens in "waking life" too.

Still my argument with video games stands. You can have lots of fun talking to npc in a video game.

No .it really does spoil the whole thing for you.  Imagine looking into your mother's eyes and recognizing that there is no one behind her eyes .

it’s a theory that, if true, precludes the abstract ability to do anything. If you accept Solipsism, you no longer have any reason to do anything. Even self-interest doesn’t apply anymore. there is no longer anything out there to benefit you. Just sit there and think happy thoughts forever. You can’t die. There’s nothing to kill you, not even your body.

You’re just a dream in the dark. And what does a dream in the dark do but lie there and think?

As much as that’s arguable ..t’s perhaps best to ignore it and go to those theories that allow for any degree of thought or action in any capacity whatsoever.

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

No .it really does spoil the whole thing for you.  Imagine looking into your mother's eyes and recognizing that there is no one behind her eyes .

You are behind her eyes. You are behind everything.

How ironic is it that you evoke some stupid no-self philosophy in your own thread warning against that precise philosophy xD

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It does not spoil anything after you are done clinging.

@Someone here During awakenings… it’s very scary only at first.  Your so called ‘person’  might have a breakdown (and reality might put things into place to avoid that) and the shadow will arise.  But you could just sit and stare into yourself for an eternity while the npc did all manner of horrendous things. You are endlessly intelligent, and brilliant and the greatest lover. 

???????

8 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

You are behind her eyes. You are behind everything.

Poetic and lovey-dovey but doesn't make much sense to me in current state of consciousness .

9 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

How ironic is it that you evoke some stupid no-self philosophy in your own thread warning against that precise philosophy xD

Wut?  Something about this statement's grammar is a bit confusing. Not sure what are you saying here  .

I didn't say there is no self. I said according to the solipsism worldview there is only you and you are hallucinating the entire universe around you . This leaves no room for any "others " but YOU.  And what's worse is that it's completely unfalsifiable .

8 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@Someone here During awakenings… it’s very scary only at first.  Your so called ‘person’  might have a breakdown (and reality might put things into place to avoid that) and the shadow will arise.  But you could just sit and stare into yourself for an eternity while the npc did all manner of horrendous things. You are endlessly intelligent, and brilliant and the greatest lover. 

It is ego that feels such fear. Ego does not comprehend the effulgence of your expanded consciousness. It can see nothing beyond itself.

17 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

It does not spoil anything after you are done clinging.

I cannot stop clinging. The letting go must come effortlessly and not forced . And I'm not ready to handle such truths at this point in my life .

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Wut?  Something about this statement's grammar is a bit confusing. Not sure what are you saying here  .

I didn't say there is no self. I said according to the solipsism worldview there is only you and you are hallucinating the entire universe around you . This leaves no room for any "others " but YOU.  And what's worse is that it's completely unfalsifiable .

You are speculating that there is no one behind your mother's eyes, but that isn't really true. The consciousness of your mother is the same consciousness of you and you can look into her eyes and recognize that. You wouldn't say there is no one there, unless you had some kind of Neoadvaitaesque worldview (or you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about).

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I cannot stop clinging. The letting go must come effortlessly and not forced . And I'm not ready to handle such truths at this point in my life .

Well that is actually mature and hats off to you. Just don't portray Solipsistic Realizations to be necessarily negative. For some there may be a lot of grace in that from the get go and for some horror. :x

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are inquiring into these things daily, what exactly do you wish to achieve with that? If you're not serious, you are just wasting your time, in which case you should rather focus on getting laid or whatever you are ready to handle at this point.

You will feel simultaneously totally not alone (you will feel the least alone in your entire life with yourself) and totally alone.  The latter can be frightening at first especially if you are going for long periods of time in an intense state of awakening and have no idea what is going on.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

@Nilsi  Its because I love philosophy

I like to speculate and philosophize .

You love something when that something gives meaning to your life. And if I may say so philosophy is the most meaningful activity of life. Without philosophy who are we? We get a job to survive in the world, have kids, make money that we would never really get to use and the same routine in and out of office goes on for years until we grow weak and our infirmity prevents further activity. That is when we stop and start thinking what was the meaning of all this. Only when we realize we are mortal and things may end soon for us that we begin to take stock of life to see how our life has been.

The problem is all our life we have done something for the sake of gaining something else. But we have not done anything for the sake of itself. When we turn back we realize that our most happiest period has been our childhood where we have no achievements to show for yet we were happy.

Philosophy is meaningful because it breaks us from a mechanical pattern .. it allows you to be more than just a machine. 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

it allows you to be more than just a machine. 

And what is a machine? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Nilsi  Its because I love philosophy

I like to speculate and philosophize .

You love something when that something gives meaning to your life. And if I may say so philosophy is the most meaningful activity of life. Without philosophy who are we? We get a job to survive in the world, have kids, make money that we would never really get to use and the same routine in and out of office goes on for years until we grow weak and our infirmity prevents further activity. That is when we stop and start thinking what was the meaning of all this. Only when we realize we are mortal and things may end soon for us that we begin to take stock of life to see how our life has been.

The problem is all our life we have done something for the sake of gaining something else. But we have not done anything for the sake of itself. When we turn back we realize that our most happiest period has been our childhood where we have no achievements to show for yet we were happy.

Philosophy is meaningful because it breaks us from a mechanical pattern .. it allows you to be more than just a machine. 

I love philosophy as well and I don't want to rob you of your joy for philosophy, but wouldn't it be cool, if you actually could experience the things you are speculating about? There is still plenty of room for philosophy and new ideas, but just speculating about something from an armchair position is not really philosophy in the first place.

Edited by Nilsi

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because I am the only thing that exists and I reached Absolute Omniscience.

I am not the best, I am the only.

@Leo Gura In Absolute Omniscience I'm sure the awareness that you think of as you was present. Can you describe from this state what your understanding of Leo was? Is it a mask you construct that dampens down your awareness?

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And what is a machine? ;)

Most humans of course.

I think that we are biological machines, yes.

How much of our behaviour is free will, and how much is subject to hormones, instinct, conditioning and brain chemistry (otherwise known as "programming") is a question I ask myself a lot.

I suspect that a lot of the decisions and choices that I make are influenced by those things.

9 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I love philosophy as well and I don't want to rob you of your joy for philosophy, but wouldn't it be cool, if you actually could experience the things you are speculating about? There is still plenty of room for philosophy and new ideas, but just speculating about something from an armchair position is not really philosophy in the first place.

Well that is literally what philosophy is . You sit down and use your intellectual facilities ALONE to arrive at conclusions. Unlike physical science (biology, chemistry, physics etc ) when you Have to empirically test things out .

-Osho