Someone here

Be careful with Neo-Advaita trap

195 posts in this topic

@Adamq8

Leo is a truly advanced thinker. He is radical with some statements like when he says stop moralizing, stop socializing, stop watching TV and stop reading fiction books.

He actually does not mean this activities are bad or wrong. For example he says stop socializing because people this days tend to put too much value on superficial relationships, and almost none with themselves. He is asking you to stop wasting your time watching TV and reading “entertaining stuff” and get to work in your life purpose to be truly fulfilled. He says stop moralizing so you can’t stop punish and blaming yourself for the bad things that you do.

What is right or wrong anyway? That’s the kind of questions Leo is trying you to ask yourself

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Adamq8 but don't you agree that his behaviour is weird in this thread ?xD

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Jake Chambers said:

giphy.gif

Exactly!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

stop reading fiction books.

You don't have to stop reading fiction books, just stop believing in fictions, Lol.

:D

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I can definitively tell you that no one on this planet who tells you they are awake, is Awake.

I am not kidding.

What I am telling you is that the Buddha was not Awake. He was in a dream within a dream.

This is obvious. A self proclaiming that it is awake is exactly like any dream character proclaiming itself to be awake.

Apparently.

17 minutes ago, SamC said:

@Leo Gura Then I am the most awake person ever because I am Leo:P

You will be when you actually realize it ;)

Just now, axiom said:

This is obvious. A self proclaiming that it is awake is exactly like any dream character proclaiming itself to be awake.

If it's obvious, how come you still don't get it?

@Leo Gura do you feel good this morning?  I feel that ya feel amazing ? 

-Osho

@Leo Gura so hypothetically it I was to come and meet you and we both vape some 5meO together, you awaken, I awaken. Who's awake? 

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If it's obvious, how come you still don't get it?

No one gets it. All are dream characters.

You are pointing to the words "I am the only one who is awake". But this apparent I is not an I.

The self being dissolved, all that is left is infinity / God.

Where an I remains, it is a misapprehension. A hangover of an apparent life once lived.

'I' is not God. It is that which attempts to circumscribe God. 'I' is not the substrate. It is a remnant of the self still engaged with the game of ownership. Give it up and be free.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

24 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Leo Gura so hypothetically it I was to come and meet you and we both vape some 5meO together, you awaken, I awaken. Who's awake? 

You

24 minutes ago, axiom said:

No one gets it. All are dream characters.

You are pointing to the words "I am the only one who is awake". But this apparent I is not an I.

The self being dissolved, all that is left is infinity / God.

Where an I remains, it is a misapprehension. A hangover of an apparent life once lived.

'I' is not God. It is that which attempts to circumscribe God. 'I' is not the substrate. It is a remnant of the self still engaged with the game of ownership. Give it up and be free.

Please stop. You don't understand awakening.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

It's impossible to communicate with you in good faith. You just flip the script however it fits you (for better of for worse, I'm not sure).

Stop trying to understand him logically....understand him intuitively. Access your emotional intelligence and you will get it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You

But why not you? You are the one after all claiming to be the most awake and one and only..

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Stop trying to understand him logically....understand him intuitively. Access your emotional intelligence and you will get it.

Yeah, I got the message. My kneejerk reaction is to fit everything into my worldview, but I realise that is precisely not the point here lol.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

7 minutes ago, axiom said:

@Godishere Leo's position is that there is only 'I'.

I think a lot of that discussion of I vs no-I really stems from the fact that each of us started with different vocabulary and resonated with other words.

We know that words are just pointers and for other people other words make a particular insight click.

What I call "I am a person" can be called "ego" by other.
What I call pure "I AM" can be called "presence" or "beingness" by Ekhart Tolle.
What I call pure "I - I" can be called "no self" or "pure awareness" or whatever.
What I call "Beyond I-I" can be called Infinity or absolute.

But it depends who we did learn from. For someone "I am" may be understood as "aha, he believes he is so he must believe in his ego still!" . But for me "I am" may be understood as a state of no self.

I genuinely believe that some of great users here may be pointing to the same Fact of Reality, just with different words.

Even saying "there is no self" and saying "All is Self, there is only I" may point to the exact same truth.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

9 minutes ago, Godishere said:

But why not you? You are the one after all claiming to be the most awake and one and only..

The day I discover that I'm all alone ..I will definitely quit the forum. Quit society. Either go live by myself in a cave blessing out on nothing. Or I'm gonna suicide myself. 

There is no point talking to "others " if you truly believe there are no others. 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

The day I discover that I'm all alone ..I will definitely quit the forum. Quit society. Either go live by myself in a cave blessing out on nothing. Or I'm gonna suicide myself. 

There is no point talking to "others " if you truly believe there are no others. 

Had you ever had fun talking to  npc in a video game? I did.

Even more so if you realize that this npc is You and is designed by Highest Inteligent Love.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Arthogaan

I once thought so too. But actually, there is an apparent difference.

When Leo refers to 'I' he means infinite ego, the ownership (self-ownership) of infinity.

When I refer to 'I', I refer to the illusion of selfhood, the seeking energy.

I would say that infinity cannot be circumscribed by an 'I'. Doing so is like trying to fit a a turbocharged, two-stroke reciprocating diesel engine (designed to power large container ships) inside the chassis of a bubble car. 

Leo would say that infinity is the 'I'.

Apparently.

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Don't be silly. What difference does it make? You can still connect with humans all the same and potentially way deeper than you could have ever dreamed of.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus