BipolarGrowth

The Power of David Goggin’s Principles & Life Story

44 posts in this topic

@KH2 You're not a simpleton, you just haven't found why supression is bad in your own experience. Of course, you might always find the opposite to be true, for me though, I have found it to be bad. Why? because I find every emotion to have it's own beauty and experiencing them fully enriches my life, then next to that, even if you supress your emotions they will always come back later, they hide within your subconscious and then come out even more intensly. When you supress, those emotions go somewhere, but where? that's something you might wanna think about. 

All the best friend

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@KH2 What's your opinion on Jordan Peterson?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

Sadness and depression is just some annoying shit I'm either trying to get rid off, or channell it into anger and aggresiveness. Is there a third option - sobbing and crying? But again, who cares except you, and how does it help you solve the situation?

There is tremendous peace and healing in fully expressing emotions like grief. I think many people, myself included, use anger to suppress grief and other unwanted emotions, but ultimately you are fragmenting your psyche to do that and so it limits you. You would be more powerful if you could fully express and be okay with every emotion. 

This is from batman. The end of the clip he says... " I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief until the memory of your loved one is just poison in your veins..." 

If you continuously just suppress emotions that you view as bad/weak then you can still be productive, and that strategy is better than people who get lost in those emotions without resolution, but if you can let them all flow through you will go to another level

"Be Water, My Friend.
Empty your mind.
Be formless, shapeless, like water.
You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can flow or it can crash.
Be water, my friend."- Bruce Lee

18 minutes ago, KH2 said:

Respectable man.

Good self improvement advice.

Not always good at following his own advice, sometimes hypocritical, as is everyone.

Don't care that much about his political views. I do tilt towards conservatism SLIGHTLY, but Jordan is too conservative to my liking. But again, don't really care.

I suppose he's good at crying too.

@KH2 Okay gotcha.

So I asked because I saw your view regarding not seeing emotional suppression as bad/ toxic, particularly suppression of sadness.

JP endorses a lot of Carl Jung's work and I found this clip of him talking about where one needs to look, according to jungian psychoanlaysis, in order to grow:

(I've timestamped it on purpose)

It sounds to me that you hold the emotions of sadness and depression in contempt. If I am correct, then it would follow that JP would endorse that looking into sadness and depression would be a gateway into what you need to know. So, it appears to me that JP would recommend that you try to understand your sadness and depression in some manner.

From other Jungian videos I've watched, suppression is also unhealthy from that perspective because whatever you supress/ repress becomes a part of your shadow. However, that does not mean that that shadowed part of you has no effect on you, it just effects your life unconsciously. 

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

His book “Can’t hurt me” is fantastic.

Goggins is who inspired me to run my first marathon. Such a badass. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

“It’s not sustainable” is bitchanese for actually trying to say “I don’t think I’m capable of doing this because I haven’t discovered my true limits yet.” 

Btw, to any of you doubting your own potential, I just landed my first opportunity to teach a meditation class due to David’s message showing me what I am capable of. You’ve gotta get hard and stay hard for this message to have any hope of working, and I can bet you’ll be glad you did once you’re on the other side of diving deep into the pool of samsara and suffering willingly and consciously. Don’t be fooled. It took me 8 years of life risking work to get here. Go check out my channel on YouTube - Brandon Rohe, and you’ll find I was a lot more dangerous to myself and others while also less beneficial to the world and others when following Leo’s unbalanced message. No offense Leo. I love you. You’re a hard ass motherfucker. 

E3271FEF-DAF5-4F31-B6E3-8E579BA760B2.png

2061A220-9B8C-4BA9-8BB8-F74A89728DD1.png

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Sorry for being slightly critical earlier. I was thinking about the whole toxic Masculinity trend. 

@BipolarGrowth nice to see your progress. 

Now I'm realizing that something is better than nothing. 

So if these dudes are motivating you to take your baby steps towards building yourself, then that's great. 

Awesome. :)

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Sorry for being slightly critical earlier. I was thinking about the whole toxic Masculinity trend. 

@BipolarGrowth nice to see your progress. 

Now I'm realizing that something is better than nothing. 

So if these dudes are motivating you to take your baby steps towards building yourself, then that's great. 

Awesome. :)

Thanks ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

I’m not saying it’s not sustainable, clearly it is. If you want to wake up and call yourself a little bitch everyday while you hop into a shitty cold shower and run til you’re throwing up go for it. 

I did this for a while and it proved to me that I have the power to do whatever I set my mind to. Once I got that message I stopped with the whole attitude. 

It’s much better than the victim thing but I don’t think it’s very healing or loving. Just my take. 

@BlessedLion I get it man. At least now. I can live in that mode till I’m physically broken down. But I’ve gotten feedback that this has triggered some bipolar symptoms from people who really have my back and know me. I’m gonna take a week to focus on easier cardio and developing that while finishing some career stuff that is less physical. Ironically, this is all stuff Goggins covers. I love being in the sympathetic mode so much. It’s fucking amazing, but true growth isn’t just pushing the easy barriers that everyone else might think are extreme or hard. It’s effortless almost to push myself physically whereas that used to be my weakness. Now I’ve lost my center, and that has become the new weakness to attack in an intelligent way. 

@BipolarGrowthAwesome brother, way to feel out what’s best for you at this time. 

Congrats on the meditation gig as well. I’m hoping to begin leading meditations for groups soon as well 

When you rep Jesus Christ in a hospital full of entitled egos feeling as if they are intelligent, sometimes you’ve gotta channel your inner Nazi to skull fuck their weak levels of care. 

8A27A2C2-25E2-4A3C-8668-4E94B51F956D.png

Edited by BipolarGrowth

I’m realizing quickly that my idea that I had conquered my suffering was kind of bullshit. There are still skeletons upon skeletons to clean out. And now it’s a daily practice. I’m feeling now that I can truly just relentlessly attack my weaknesses until they no longer control me. 

@BipolarGrowth Have you listened to his audiobook with him and Tom Bilyue? If not you MUST check it out. 

Do you consider yourself a christian in the general sense?

This doesn't resonate with me, it seems like being hard on ourselves, do this, do that, heal this, you're broken/wrong etc...

I was too hard on myself and wanted to be someone else, "better" etc... now that I'm more loving, caring & patient with myself, I'm more relaxed and I appreciate life more, I don't want to go back to hell, no thanks

Edited by Gabith

2 hours ago, Gabith said:

This doesn't resonate with me, it seems like being hard on ourselves, do this, do that, heal this, you're broken/wrong etc...

I was too hard on myself and wanted to be someone else, "better" etc... now that I'm more loving, caring & patient with myself, I'm more relaxed and I appreciate life more, I don't want to go back to hell, no thanks

Its all about balance IMO.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus