Thought Art

Leo, your new video

111 posts in this topic

Just now, LSD-Rumi said:

@puporing No I am not suicidal. I just loved Leo's serious attitude towards spirituality. I am focusing now on building my life so oneday I may have the chance to destroy it like Leo might did, lol. 

This has absolutely zero to do with spirituality.   Zero.  The body and ego are imaginary which makes death imaginary.   Spiritual death IS death.   Not the harming of the body that is all part of the dream...this is not spirituality it was personal development for one guy  - Leo.  And he should never have posted it.  @Thought Art was right to question his leadership but more importantly he shouldnt be questioning his leadership he should be questioning his own following. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I don't think  Leo would ever killed himself even if he did this practice for hundreds of times. But I understand how dangerous this could for other people.

9 minutes ago, BenG said:

@Inliytened1 What do you mean by this? Also, would you mind elaborating on what you think regarding psychedelics and spirituality? 

I mean it gave him Truth in bits and pieces because you are relying on a substance.   When you awaken sober you get the whole deal all at once.  You don't rely on some external substance, imaginary or not, to feed you Truth.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I mean it gave him Truth in bits and pieces because you are relying on a substance.   When you awaken sober you get the whole deal all at once.  You don't rely on some external substance, imaginary or not, to feed you Truth.

lmao like you have any idea. Do we really have a mod claiming this "isn't spirituality" and that Leo "lost his way" and shouldn't be posting his content. What a joke. There are a huge number of us who gain value from every bit of content he posts. Leo has millions of subscribers precisely because he shares his own journey in such a raw, real way when there are an incredibly small number of individuals that do so. If you don't like it go watch someone else and take your nonsense biases against psychedelics with you. You're not even interpreting BlessedLion's post correctly. He said "...but this is the exact fear that causes so many teachers to censor themselves. I’m thankful Leo can be so raw in his experience and tell his truth. Who has never had thoughts of killing themselves? We all have."

7 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

lmao like you have any idea. Do we really have a mod claiming this "isn't spirituality" and that Leo "lost his way" and shouldn't be posting his content. What a joke. There are a huge number of us who gain value from every bit of content he posts. Leo has millions of subscribers precisely because he shares his own journey in such a raw, real way when there are an incredibly small number of individuals that do so. If you don't like it go watch someone else and take your nonsense biases against psychedelics with you. You're not even interpreting BlessedLion's post correctly. He said "...but this is the exact fear that causes so many teachers to censor themselves. I’m thankful Leo can be so raw in his experience and tell his truth. Who has never had thoughts of killing themselves? We all have."

I do have every idea. But you don't because you hold your breath on every word some guru says.  Need I say more?  And yeah I've awakened without ever contemplating suicide.   It's feasible and in fact contemplating suicide from the ego's perspective is more ego.  Its selfishness.   You don't know what you are talking about.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I do have every idea. But you don't because you hold your breath on every word some guru says.  Need I say more?  And yeah I've awakened without ever contemplating suicide.   It's feasible and in fact contemplating suicide from the ego's perspective is more ego.  Its selfishness.   You don't know what you are talking about.

lol the irony here is so palpable that it's painful.

Edited by thepixelmonk

@thepixelmonk cool it dude. No need for this aggreaggre Attitude. What Leo did was extremely controversial and many of his followers are not comfortable with it and they have all the right to be so. Don't shame people over such controversial thing.

6 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

lol the irony here is so palpable that it's painful.

It's absolutely sad that you would kiss someone's ass so much that it would lead you to the brink of suicide. Because it's so raw.  Jesus man.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@thepixelmonk cool it dude. No need for this aggreaggre Attitude. What Leo did was extremely controversial and many of his followers are not comfortable with it and they have all the right to be so. Don't shame people over such controversial thing.

I am not a follower I am simply saying thinking about killing yourself has zero to do with spirituality.   If you think it does you are way too far up his ass.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

thinking about killing yourself has zero to do with spirituality.

18 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If your passion in this life is to immerse yourself in what we could call "death", it is absolutely normal that at some point you consider jumping to infinity completely. it is too controversial subject, it is not sensible to talk about it, but it is sincere, since it is true 

Anyway, i understand your attitude. This is not a joke 

Edited by Breakingthewall

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's absolutely sad that you would kiss someone's ass so much that it would lead you to the brink of suicide. Because it's so raw.  Jesus man.  

Like I said above, I'm not even remotely suicidal, no idea where you got that idea from. That doesn't mean I and others don't gain value from his content.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I am not a follower I am simply saying thinking about killing yourself has zero to do with spirituality.   If you think it does you are way too far up his ass.

If you think life and death have nothing to do with spirituality I have no idea where your head is at. And if you actually believe you're some enlightened being you are way too far up your own ass. Well, I guess that's where your head is at.

Edited by thepixelmonk

7 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

Like I said above, I'm not even remotely suicidal, no idea where you got that idea from. That doesn't mean I and others don't gain value from his content.

If you think life and death have nothing to do with spirituality I have no idea where your head is at. And if you actually believe you're some enlightened being you are way too far up your own ass. Well, I guess that's where your head is at.

I'm gonna say this once and only once.  You do not need to harm the physical body.   Spirituality has nothing to do with the physical body. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

'very stable genius'

I rarely if ever watch Leo's content but this thread piqued my interest so started to watch part of it and the warning at the beginning moved me to skip to the end. I randomly clicked a spot at the very end just as he was talking about him being impressed with his own intelligence and how stable it was. That phrase above from infamous use flashed in my mind and I literally did a spit take, it was quite humorous...I clicked off right after that.

I didn't search out or stick around for any of the more controversial stuff so I couldn't share any impressions I got from it, I do wish him well though. It's difficult to spend so much time in esoteric and abstract states of mind while still maintaining a suitable life structure. He's actually quite fortunate to not have a normie 9-5 or something like that to deal with, his life sustaining work has enough flexibility and freedom to accommodate it.

Again, I do wish him well and to be at peace.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

This has absolutely zero to do with spirituality.   Zero.  The body and ego are imaginary which makes death imaginary.   Spiritual death IS death.   Not the harming of the body that is all part of the dream...this is not spirituality it was personal development for one guy  - Leo.  And he should never have posted it.  @Thought Art was right to question his leadership but more importantly he shouldnt be questioning his leadership he should be questioning his own following. 

Leo has a l of good videos…

Videos on:

1. What is wisdom?

2. What is integrity?

3. how to fall in love with life

etc

I don’t expect him to be perfect or to agree with everything he says. And, I’m not a blind follower. 

It’s just, I’m questioning his leadership as well because he has videos coming out so he says about conscious leadership. He has had many videos on safe tripping protocols and maybe even banned people for what he has done recently? Of that I am not sure.

I have a deep respect for this man. I have learned a lot of valuable things from him. 

Every “guru” every “ religion” every source of information is inherently finite and imperfect. Leo is clearly the same. His arrogance, narcissism, disregard for others safety etc became blatant for me at the end of this recent video. He even spoke of how he didn’t feel the need to be kind to others. Yet, in other videos he said God was kind not because it needed to but because it was… so…

I realize how human it is to say one thing, and then do another. Leo is human…

Anyway, I am processing his talk about holding a Gun to his head (he posted that on Instagram) or he anger at others “making a mockery of this work” does that mean anything to him?

Spiritual work is deep, it’s messy at times and very dangerous. I know and respect this because he is working on understanding reality as deep as he can… this must involved life and death. 

I found it funny how he spoke about not tripping if you are mentally unstable and that you should have supervision. Yet, there he is tripping, paranoid, suicidal with a gun to his head clearly unsupervised. Idk. 

Your a bloody Genius Leo. Don’t get yourself or others killed if you can avoid it. Embody what you teach… 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

If you try to understand all this from a perspective of his "previous videos" or behaviors or him as a public figure, it won't make sense, nor should you try.. This is something else but only some people might understand/grasp the truth of why, but will not be able to prove it or want to or even able to express it. You can only try to contemplate it for yourself but sharing what comes to you with others would be futile. 

Try to make peace with that you might not know the full truth of this and only some will.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I think the issue is Leo has his feet in two ponds. On the one hand he plays the role of the teacher/guru, but on the other hand he plays the role of the wildcard psychonaut walking a dangerous path that he doesn't recommend for his followers.

Some people watching him are viewing him as an authority on spirituality and personal development so when he talks about he's held a gun to his head while taking psychidelics, there is some % of his audience that is viewing that through a lens of a teacher- disciple relationship and will likely try something equally irresponsible. If 1 person contemplates suicide with a gun while under psychidelics that is risky, but if X% of an audience attempts the same thing then you get a suicide cult.

I think this has to end with Leo shifting the branding of actualized.org away from representing himself as an authority/teacher, and instead portraying himself as an explorer with serious disclaimers about irresponsible and reckless nature of his path.

But as long as he continues profit off the masses who view him as a teacher/role model, while thinking that a quick disclaimer absolves himself of responsibility for how his videos will influence people, then he will continue to get massive backlash from these types of videos.

@Raptorsin7 Yeah, he should start some kind of patreon subscription for deep videos so that they are not easily available. 

I listen to part of the poem and haaaa.... it's wonderful. shit man, I almost went on a psychedelic trip and had to stop it. that is god. That is what we are. I was thinking today maybe you're a bit of an idiot, leo, and I've heard that and I think you're a fucking genius. no wonder death tempts you. death is life, death is god. death is the infinity that is everything, that wonder of all the colors and shapes that we are. what we are is... hallelujah brothers, what we are is total wonder and I'm crying because I Know it. There is no death and i love you all 

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

You have to get used to the fact that there are people who just need a show and most of all don't wash next in line to be kicked out of this forum. Thx.

Edited by tedens