RossE

Shrooms Report

39 posts in this topic

What's up guys. I did shrooms yesterday for the first time and I'm going to share my experience. This blew my mind. I'd say if you are into meditation and enlightenment then taking psychedelics is something to be considered!

So, firstly, the set. I was alone in my house when I took them. No trip sitter, I just had a few buddies on alert in case shit hit the fan. I was in a great mood yesterday and I felt ready for the trip. I ate 1.5g - did my research and heard this is a good first dose. I went in in expecting some bright colours, a calmer mind, an exploration of my thoughts and emotions, maybe some insights into reality and enlightenment and where the spiritual path is taking me. Well, I got that. But those were just the tip of the iceberg. Let me explain more!
Before I dropped did a 15 minute guided meditation to calm my body and mind down - I felt a little giddy and energetic. I dropped at 4:15pm, went and got a sick bucket and sat on my couch with a notepad, waiting for the shrooms to kick in. I didn't actually feel sick at any point which was probably because I didn't eat for 7 hours before the trip.

By around 4:45pm some things were changing in my awareness. My mind calmed and I started laughing spontaneously at how aware I was. I've been meditating every day for 7 months and only occasionally get the such pure, calm awareness that I got within half an hour of my trip. I saw I should bring silence into my life and keep meditating, it felt good.

Snow was falling outside and it looked beautiful. The blinds and radiator started moving a little bit in a wavy like pattern. My body relaxed and felt lighter. I sat with a smile on my face, waiting for the shrooms to really take effect, I knew A LOT more was to come.

By around 5:00pm the peaceful effects really started to come on. Everything was so clear and perfect, it had an innocence about it. I said out loud "this can't be what's it's like", meaning surely reality can't be this still all the time.
Then I just remember a sudden "click" where reality hit me in the face, the present moment became rock solid. It felt like the beginning of an awakening. Five minutes or so later, the "void" became so obvious to me. It was just there. Time felt very slow and reality felt dreamlike. I began repeating to myself "this can't be what it's like, there's more to this". I knew there was still more was to come.
By this time it was around 5:15pm. Energy began releasing from my body that I didn't even know existed. It felt like I was having a full body orgasm. I was fully absorbed into the present moment. There were colours and beautiful thoughts but beyond the phenomena was the void itself. It was so obvious to me that this is what "God" is. Everywhere I looked, everything I touched, there it was. By around 5:30pm I was in a pretty thick non-dual state, by far the thickest I've experienced.

The next hour or two felt like falling off a cliff. Everything I thought I knew. All the judgements I've made about people. All the suffering I've had in my life. It was all a complete joke at that point. I realised how much delusion there was. I was laughing, shaking my head and saying "No, no it surely can't be like this, really God, like really?!?". I found it hilarious to see through all the programming. The idea of a past and future, even an outside world, just seemed ridiculous at the time. I looked around my house and it was all that existed. I remember sitting downstairs and noticing that the idea of an upstairs to my house is just a complete fiction!

I tried to remember any little thing about myself and the thoughts just bubbled away into the void. My name didn't make any sense. It was just an arising. I remember thinking " if this is all really how it is then what do I do with the rest of my life?". At that moment I realised there is nothing to do! All I need to do is experience this thing we call reality in whatever way feels right.
I began trying to do some more introspection - I reminded myself that I was tripping balls and despite being in the non-dual state I had work to do, I had to tell my ego self how to live its life when it returned and give it advice. I couldn't come up with any wisdom in words other than to stop seeking, be present and have no expectations. Reality is here, you accept it or you suffer. This was so blatantly obvious to me.

For a while I sat and spoke to the void. I said to it "but why though, it's so meaningless, what's the point?"; "Okay I can see why you did this actually I mean it is pretty cool." Obviously I wasn't getting any responses but wisdom was being poured into me - the stillness and pureness gave me the answers. Yes it's all meaningless, but it's beautiful if you look past your egoic needs and projections. It was like God was sarcastically applauding me for noticing its presence - like "" DUUHHH dude!". God was so overpowering and majestic that it made the human race look ridiculous to me. All the petty shit we concern ourselves with and suffer over, it's just a huge lie. Even enlightenment is ultimately a lie - there is nothing to do! There is nothing personal about this existence - just live it! It's a game, it's God's game.

My ideas of what it means to be human were also changed completely. I remember sitting eating some food on my couch and for the first time in my life I felt like a creature - it felt like I was eating the food simply to keep this organism alive. I started questioning what it meant to be a human and there was no real answer to that question other than to experience reality. We are just a mechanism put here by emptiness to experience itself! It was crazy to realise this. I felt connected with being an animal and realised that all creatures on Earth are singing the same tune. I was just ignorant the whole time and didn't see other creatures in that way before.

Looking back on the trip now there was some intervals during it where I didn't really know what was happening, I've just described a lot of the memories I do have but if I had a camera on myself there would probably be more to add. I came down fully by about 10:30pm. I just sat on my couch and contemplated what I'd just experienced. I was not expecting it from just 1.5g of shrooms, I've no idea what the bigger doses would do to me! I do plan to do some again to get some more perspectives and hopefully do a little more introspecting. I'd seriously recommend checking psychedelics out though - the words don't do justice to the level you get to with them. It's quite shocking actually.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

17 hours ago, RossE said:

What's up guys. I did shrooms yesterday for the first time and I'm going to share my experience. This blew my mind. I'd say if you are into meditation and enlightenment then taking psychedelics is something to be considered!

So, firstly, the set. I was alone in my house when I took them. No trip sitter, I just had a few buddies on alert in case shit hit the fan. I was in a great mood yesterday and I felt ready for the trip. I ate 1.5g - did my research and heard this is a good first dose. I went in in expecting some bright colours, a calmer mind, an exploration of my thoughts and emotions, maybe some insights into reality and enlightenment and where the spiritual path is taking me. Well, I got that. But those were just the tip of the iceberg. Let me explain more!
Before I dropped did a 15 minute guided meditation to calm my body and mind down - I felt a little giddy and energetic. I dropped at 4:15pm, went and got a sick bucket and sat on my couch with a notepad, waiting for the shrooms to kick in. I didn't actually feel sick at any point which was probably because I didn't eat for 7 hours before the trip.

By around 4:45pm some things were changing in my awareness. My mind calmed and I started laughing spontaneously at how aware I was. I've been meditating every day for 7 months and only occasionally get the such pure, calm awareness that I got within half an hour of my trip. I saw I should bring silence into my life and keep meditating, it felt good.

Snow was falling outside and it looked beautiful. The blinds and radiator started moving a little bit in a wavy like pattern. My body relaxed and felt lighter. I sat with a smile on my face, waiting for the shrooms to really take effect, I knew A LOT more was to come.

By around 5:00pm the peaceful effects really started to come on. Everything was so clear and perfect, it had an innocence about it. I said out loud "this can't be what's it's like", meaning surely reality can't be this still all the time.
Then I just remember a sudden "click" where reality hit me in the face, the present moment became rock solid. It felt like the beginning of an awakening. Five minutes or so later, the "void" became so obvious to me. It was just there. Time felt very slow and reality felt dreamlike. I began repeating to myself "this can't be what it's like, there's more to this". I knew there was still more was to come.
By this time it was around 5:15pm. Energy began releasing from my body that I didn't even know existed. It felt like I was having a full body orgasm. I was fully absorbed into the present moment. There were colours and beautiful thoughts but beyond the phenomena was the void itself. It was so obvious to me that this is what "God" is. Everywhere I looked, everything I touched, there it was. By around 5:30pm I was in a pretty thick non-dual state, by far the thickest I've experienced.

The next hour or two felt like falling off a cliff. Everything I thought I knew. All the judgements I've made about people. All the suffering I've had in my life. It was all a complete joke at that point. I realised how much delusion there was. I was laughing, shaking my head and saying "No, no it surely can't be like this, really God, like really?!?". I found it hilarious to see through all the programming. The idea of a past and future, even an outside world, just seemed ridiculous at the time. I looked around my house and it was all that existed. I remember sitting downstairs and noticing that the idea of an upstairs to my house is just a complete fiction!

I tried to remember any little thing about myself and the thoughts just bubbled away into the void. My name didn't make any sense. It was just an arising. I remember thinking " if this is all really how it is then what do I do with the rest of my life?". At that moment I realised there is nothing to do! All I need to do is experience this thing we call reality in whatever way feels right.
I began trying to do some more introspection - I reminded myself that I was tripping balls and despite being in the non-dual state I had work to do, I had to tell my ego self how to live its life when it returned and give it advice. I couldn't come up with any wisdom in words other than to stop seeking, be present and have no expectations. Reality is here, you accept it or you suffer. This was so blatantly obvious to me.

For a while I sat and spoke to the void. I said to it "but why though, it's so meaningless, what's the point?"; "Okay I can see why you did this actually I mean it is pretty cool." Obviously I wasn't getting any responses but wisdom was being poured into me - the stillness and pureness gave me the answers. Yes it's all meaningless, but it's beautiful if you look past your egoic needs and projections. It was like God was sarcastically applauding me for noticing its presence - like "" DUUHHH dude!". God was so overpowering and majestic that it made the human race look ridiculous to me. All the petty shit we concern ourselves with and suffer over, it's just a huge lie. Even enlightenment is ultimately a lie - there is nothing to do! There is nothing personal about this existence - just live it! It's a game, it's God's game.

My ideas of what it means to be human were also changed completely. I remember sitting eating some food on my couch and for the first time in my life I felt like a creature - it felt like I was eating the food simply to keep this organism alive. I started questioning what it meant to be a human and there was no real answer to that question other than to experience reality. We are just a mechanism put here by emptiness to experience itself! It was crazy to realise this. I felt connected with being an animal and realised that all creatures on Earth are singing the same tune. I was just ignorant the whole time and didn't see other creatures in that way before.

Looking back on the trip now there was some intervals during it where I didn't really know what was happening, I've just described a lot of the memories I do have but if I had a camera on myself there would probably be more to add. I came down fully by about 10:30pm. I just sat on my couch and contemplated what I'd just experienced. I was not expecting it from just 1.5g of shrooms, I've no idea what the bigger doses would do to me! I do plan to do some again to get some more perspectives and hopefully do a little more introspecting. I'd seriously recommend checking psychedelics out though - the words don't do justice to the level you get to with them. It's quite shocking actually.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Very similar to what I experienced on my mushroom trip :D it's like all a funny infinite game that is full of limitless possibilities all with which are the exact same thing in different forms (god, infinity, consciousness, whatever)

Nothing can explain it as it has to be experienced to be understood.

Nothing can contain it as it itself isn't a thing.

Now I'd say just use this knowledge to enjoy every moment of your meaningless but divine life whilst continuing your spiritual practices to have a permanent realisation of this.

I also told my egoic perspective to stop seeking (I remember vividly saying "just live" over and over) although after the enlightenment experience died down I began getting drawn to try get back into the state again which ultimately is pointless since the ego is the one covering up the truth.

Oh yeah I still have a long 90 min recording off all the crazy shit I was saying and my reaction when this realisation hit me. Listening to it now always gives me giggles :P

Anyway I wish you the best in life :) keep it up!

Edited by Live Life Liam

@RossE Nice story man.  You're making me want to take them.  Did you have any fears at all of a bad trip before taking them?

Sounds amazing! I'm looking forward to taking shrooms myself for the firs time.

Did you ever smoke a lot of weed on that period of meditations? I quit smoking weed and started meditating instead, later I got back to smoking a great amount and man those experiences felt enlightening! 

Also I want to ask whether you felt like you lost sense of control to the point of being physically in danger and not being able to respond? 

8 minutes ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

@RossE Nice story man.  You're making me want to take them.  Did you have any fears at all of a bad trip before taking them?

Do it! It's the best thing you will ever do in your life if you actually have a full on enlightenment experience from taking them.

I know this question wasn't directed at me but I'll answer anyway.

If you meditate and do self inquiry before hand your mind might calm down and the fears come less. The first hour or so taking them is when the fears arise until you have a breakthrough realisation.

Your experience seems to confirm my hypothesis that at the beginning or at first trials,  shrooms are very pleasant and offer beautiful insights into the nature of reality and ourselves but the 2nd to 4th trips are where most likely more difficult "bad" trips start to occur. It seems to be part of the mushroom character ;D

In a previous topic lately we also discussed shrooms and many people shared similar stories of having great times in the first attempts and getting brutally shaken up in the following trips. I am speaking from experience as I also had a smooth start and on the 3rd and 4th trip I got my ass handed to me. So beware, the chances of having difficult experiences goes up after the first pleasant ones.

@RossE That was only the tip of the iceberg. You've haven't seen the real God yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Evilwave Heddy I did a little bit, but watched a lot of YouTube videos including Leo's and spoke to some friends about it. By the time I ate them I wasn't worried at all, which I was a little surprised about. I've panicked a little on weed before when my heart started racing! 

I'd definitely recommend it, the first 30 minutes was a meditator's dream. The rest is just crazy!

@aclokay I do occasionally smoke weed, I'd say in my whole life a dozen times, since I started meditating maybe 3/4. I had an enlightenment experience on weed once! I can see what you mean by the enlightening effects, take just the right amount and it calms me down a lot. I'd say doing it occasionally is fine, and maybe helpful.

I didn't feel like I lost control, everything felt very, very different though. Give em a try and you'll see :P

@ZeN I'm keen to do them again so you might have some more evidence! I'm wary of not getting cocky though, I can tell that shrooms could ruin me if I fuck about with them.

www.thegreatupraft.com

20 minutes ago, John Flores said:

I just wish the human race wasn't so small minded :/

Yeah, but it's because of that we can realise the true nature of things ;) Our limited view makes the unlimited experience divine

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

@Tronds World @John Flores I agree with a lot of these points. Open mindedness can take you far. I also think we take ourselves way, way too seriously. That is, we think the earth and the world depends on us humans. I call BS!

I think science as it's currently used is a big stumbling block to truth. It's great for the technological, engineering and medical side of things but the dogma is so strong. My friend asked me about my trip, I told him that this thing I experienced was definitely god, no doubt about it. He then got defensive, said there was no actual proof that God exists, as if I had attacked him. When people put theory over direct experience I think we're in trouble. 

It's not his fault; just shows how far we put science on a pedastal IMO. It will probably never be able to explain God and in fact tries to do the opposite. Humanity has a long, long way to go.

www.thegreatupraft.com

@RossE Exactly. It's so funny because all we ever have is direct experience. We trust it all the time, but when it comes to the "big questions" we must rely on theory. Simply because of fear of the real deal. The theory keeps us in our nicely defined bubble of comfort. 

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

1 minute ago, John Flores said:

@Principium Nexus The real God would make you bow your head to the ground.

When you meet God, you don't even have a head anymore. :)) 

Sounds like a great trip, I wish mine was like that! 

My first trip was also 1.5grams (thinking that it would just be a light trip) except rather than feeling all calm and aware I spiralled into a state of delusion and paranoia. I spent most of the trip unable to think rationally or logically about anything. I tried thinking about the fact that I couldn't think properly, and then couldn't understand why I couldn't think or what thinking even was. I tried eating an apple at one point and was so confused with what I was doing, even though some part of my mind knew how to eat. 

I literally lost my mind and was on the verge of calling people to help me out because I thought i'd really fucked myself up. I had a rough plan of things I wanted to think about as well, an intention etc, but that just went out the window.

So for anyone who hasn't tried mushrooms, and is planning on doing so, be prepared for this! It may not be all spiritual and nice like @RossE talks about. Thanks for sharing though!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@RossE That was only the tip of the iceberg. You've haven't seen the real God yet.

I have watched all of your videos already. Been a huge fan for the duration, always will be. Thank you for all your focus.

What is God Leo?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE