no_name

Is life completely random?

18 posts in this topic

If laws of attraction, higher power, all that stuff.. if it all doesn’t exist - then is life completely random? Note, if it is completely random then it’s just super depressing and there is no point in anything. 

I like to live my life thinking there’s a positive reason for everything to happen. That all the challenges all the bs I have to go through is there for a reason (well and partially my fault too).

Is this why everyone gets depressed after they reach a level of enlightenment? 

Edited by no_name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it probably exists in some form, but not in the way that most people use it.  People use that stuff to maximize on egoic, petty things and end up becoming delusional.  You can attract certain things to you and there is a higher power, but it's more like letting go of things, and then seeing what remains - if that makes sense.  What you let go of, and what stays in your pan of gold that you sift through is what is "yours".  So LOA is less about trying to attract certain situations and making them happen and more about letting go of expectations.

I feel depressed by the seemingly random nature of reality as well, and I think it is a bit of both, I think that there are a lot off offshoots and tendrils, but that there is an order to it that maybe we just can't see from our limited frameworks and this order includes not just humans, but all of mother nature and its other creations as well.

From my understanding, God is evolving to witness itself as itself through its creations and so it creates a lot of different tendrils to scout out the best possibility to witness itself.  The universe is self aware and wants to observe what it is creating and it does so through the intelligence of humans and perhaps other life forms if they are out there.  I don't know what the reasoning for it is, or what the universe's ultimate goal with all of this is, but there does seem to be a plan in place for knowing itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not random at all.

"Random" is just what humans call a thing they don't comprehend.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, no_name said:

Is this why everyone gets depressed after they reach a level of enlightenment? 

I have never heard of whatever it is that you are talking about here.

Awakening always seems to be accompanied with freedom and joy, not depression.

Any "enlightened" person who is depressed is just apathetic and deluded - not even close to real awakening.

Now to be fair, the dark night of the soul is real. But again that is not awakening either. It's an in-between stage.


A profound justification for suffering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjpSaGN6zeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't go too far and say that it's random, cuz limited human perspective. But I also would not go in the opposite direction and say that it's intelligent or anything like that, cuz still limited human perspective.

Quote

Random: made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.

Have you ever seen such a thing?

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you haven't power but there is tons of it at work, just get aboard the train and enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Law of attraction is more powerful than the frickin gravity, but most people don't get it because they believe that it is something woowoo etc, and that's why the frickin law of attraction proves to them that it is woowoo, that's how fucked up the law of attraction is. Existence is so fuckin ordered and you are so fuckin God that if you believe that you are not God and law of attraction is not real etc, then you will prove to yourself that you are not God and law of attraction is just not real and everything is random. Think of law of attraction as the mechanism of your consciousness, the physics of how your consciousness works, understand what law of attraction really is from the true masters and then you may understand. 

Edited by Vibroverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I don't understand how someone can say that they are God and universe is consciousness, but then they say that they don't believe in law of attraction, wtf, it is the same frickin thing. But of course, if what they mean by law of attraction is the idea that you just need to think positive thoughts and what you want will happen, it is not that simple. You need to change your state, your deeper belief structures, because, for everything is consciousness, every moment is reflecting your state of being to you, whether you're aware of it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And I don't understand how someone can say that they are God and universe is consciousness, but then they say that they don't believe in law of attraction, wtf, it is the same frickin thing. But of course, if what they mean by law of attraction is the idea that you just need to think positive thoughts and what you want will happen, it is not that simple. You need to change your state, your deeper belief structures, because, for everything is consciousness, every moment is reflecting your state of being to you, whether you're aware of it or not. 

Law of attraction is bullshit because god is running the show behind the scenes. No matter what changes happen to your egoic beliefs it won't change a damn thing about reality. If god wanted to make law of attraction work it would but at any point the tap can be turned off. I know because it worked for me for a little while and then the tap just dried up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Law of attraction is bullshit because god is running the show behind the scenes. No matter what changes happen to your egoic beliefs it won't change a damn thing about reality. If god wanted to make law of attraction work it would but at any point the tap can be turned off. I know because it worked for me for a little while and then the tap just dried up.

I think you have a very narrow understanding of what law of attraction actually means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Law of attraction is real - "sort of", but people are delusional about how they use it.  They think it means that if you perform certain actions or do certain things, think a certain way that it will attract into your life a particular outcome, and if you think about people who live in places in the world where everything is outside of their control - like war zones or impoverished countries, then you can see that the law of attraction when used in that manner makes no sense.  It isn't about piling on your beliefs and attempting to control the universe in your favour - it's about inspecting your beliefs, letting go of expectations and through this process allowing the universe to work through you - and it will bring to you certain experiences and whatnot that allow you to have a deeper understanding of the reality around you.

People just want to use it in the wrong way because they want to feel like they have more control over their lives than they actually do, and people will put all sort of beliefs into their pot to cherry pick and convince themselves that they are getting closer to what they are looking for, when in reality, they've just put another layer of ideation over the universe's genuine message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an order and harmony to the universe. The universe is structured and is clearly leading somewhere in a way that is not 50/50 but rather has specific inclinations, like a flower vine growing toward sunlight. We have all the minerals and rocks of the world, then all the plants and lesser organisms of the world, and then human beings themselves, which are the most complex and conscious structures yet. It seems we're leading somewhere, getting pulled into a divine sunlight which might destroy our selves or recreate them in a universal bliss and individual luminescence.

9 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Now to be fair, the dark night of the soul is real. But again that is not awakening either. It's an in-between stage.

The Daniel M. Ingram model of meditation has stages that happen cyclically, and the dark night of the soul is one of them. So it's not necessarily just a bridge that you cross to reach the light a single time, but an event as a pattern that recurs also with the light as something that recurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

The Daniel M. Ingram model of meditation has stages that happen cyclically, and the dark night of the soul is one of them. So it's not necessarily just a bridge that you cross to reach the light a single time, but an event as a pattern that recurs also with the light as something that recurs.

I'm open to that, but it still doesn't explain OPs hypothesis that "Is this why everyone gets depressed after they reach a level of enlightenment?"

To me that statement has the same weight as: "Oh! So that's why humans have 3 arms!"

It's like - wha - huh? You sure we're talking about the same thing? Lol :) 


A profound justification for suffering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjpSaGN6zeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Think of law of attraction as the mechanism of your consciousness, the physics of how your consciousness works, understand what law of attraction really is from the true masters and then you may understand.

Interesting. I am just curious...who would you call the true masters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fernanda said:

Interesting. I am just curious...who would you call the true masters?

I think the best one I can think of is Abraham Hicks. It is easy to brush it off saying it is just so fluffy or something like that, but I think it is an information coming from a pretty deep level of existence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's random in the sense that there's no one or no thing actually controlling or changing the appearance of everything! 

There's only whatever seems to be happening!

❤ 


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fernanda said:

Interesting. I am just curious...who would you call the true masters?

 

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Well it's random in the sense that there's no one or no thing actually controlling or changing the appearance of everything! 

There's only whatever seems to be happening!

❤ 

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the wisdom you two manage to display on this forum. Your comments always transmits the highest love and I am grateful for it :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leo Palhano said:

 Your comments always transmits the highest love and I am grateful for it :x

❤ it's unconditional!!


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now