LSD-Rumi

Did anybody watch Carnival 2003?

69 posts in this topic

On 05/08/2022 at 8:30 PM, Realms of Wonder said:

so much insight into self deception, the heroes journey, being true to yourself, and more

Someone’s finally been able to dissect some of what there is to be taken away from the show ??. I think some people must be trying to watch it blindfolded whilst on mute ?. Either that or they just look at the tv gazing through the thing without being able to read into the storyline and read between the lines to take in the meanings the show intends to project

I'm only halfway through S1, it's like Actualized.org in theatre.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

6 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

Someone’s finally been able to dissect some of what there is to be taken away from the show ??. I think some people must be trying to watch it blindfolded whilst on mute ?. Either that or they just look at the tv gazing through the thing without being able to read into the storyline and read between the lines to take in the meanings the show intends to project

RIGHT!?

There is so much, on further reflection, there's a lot of insight into IDEOLOGY! That runs so much of the show, as well as cult psychology. Also interesting to try and place people on the spiral, what stage they are at based on the values they show.

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Guys I don't know what you are talking about seriously. The show tries hard to look deep and profound but it is not. You are left with a painfully slow show with just few good scenes. The self decpetion insight is not that well comunicated too. I liked the feel of the show but the plot is silly and childish. I feel like you are being fooled into loving this show, just becuase Leo said it is good. 
Leo said that you should watch thos show hundreds of times, and it will explain everything for you. But seriously this show is nothing near what Leo described it as. 

@LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Guys I don't know what you are talking about seriously. The show tries hard to look deep and profound but it is not. You are left with a painfully slow show with just few good scenes. The self decpetion insight is not that well comunicated too. I liked the feel of the show but the plot is silly and childish. I feel like you are being fooled into loving this show, just becuase Leo said it is good. 
Leo said that you should watch thos show hundreds of times, and it will explain everything for you. But seriously this show is nothing near what Leo described it as. 

Yes, Leo did say he was gonna lie intentionally and troll us, so it's expected at this point. Berserk is a way better series than Carnival, especially the 90's series it's really good, you actually learn something from it, as it was inspired by several philosophical ideas, life purpose, and other art works, plus the original source material for the show is filled with so much detail it's amazing.

8 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@LSD-Rumi

Yes, Leo did say he was gonna lie intentionally and troll us, so it's expected at this point. Berserk is a way better series than Carnival, especially the 90's series it's really good, you actually learn something from it, as it was inspired by several philosophical ideas, life purpose, and other art works, plus the original source material for the show is filled with so much detail it's amazing.

I think Leo was experiencing some kind of mania at that time.

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

HBO obviously spent a lot of money on Carnivàle. The production value is high, but it's not well-directed. I have to admit that I haven't finished the show, but I get the sense that it's not going anywhere, so I don't really feel inclined to keep watching. Maybe I'll return to it once there's nothing else left to watch.

It's possible that they're projecting something onto the show that isn't actually imbedded in the show. People did that with Dead Man too; it's the kind of movie that pretends to be profound, but in reality it's completely devoid of meaning.

The way I see it, Rick and Morty is more profound. I also recommend Midnight Mass. The finale is spiritual. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 7/29/2022 at 0:44 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

I watched the whole first season and did not find anything profound, but it looks like S2 is the real deal.

That's cause you're a fucking fool.

;)

:ph34r:

:)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura serious Issue. I want to be prepared before watching this show, if my consciousness is not on a certain level this will not flash me for sure. I also have rare time for watching TV Shows. 

Can you tell us, if you watched this after a 5 meo malt Trip? Or were you total sober

I ask me if I take truffle before, I can enjoy this as you did or if even truffle will not be good enough. I really want to watch when I am ready consciously

Edited by OBEler

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

;)

Oh so it was all a trick, you fking bastard :P

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

;)

I thought you were going to watch your language and responsibility as you adressed in your latest video. 

Also, you have not been publishing videos lately but very deranged content on instagram. You are losing integrity. I’d stop with this before hitting a point of intervention.

Edited by Jake Chambers

It's a film guys. Don't fantasize about watching TV increasing your consciousness. 

11 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

It's a film guys. Don't fantasize about watching TV increasing your consciousness. 

That's the problem. Leo said watch hundreds of times, lol. Why would he say that. Is he tricking us as he said he would?

24 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

That's the problem. Leo said watch hundreds of times, lol. Why would he say that. Is he tricking us as he said he would?

He was probably just feeling himself. I almost daily share some new song I found with my friends and proclaim that it is THE definitive best song of all time. That's kind of what good art does to you.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi

19 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

He was probably just feeling himself. I almost daily share some new song I found with my friends and proclaim that it is THE definitive best song of all time. That's kind of what good art does to you.

It's an okay show, just not compared to Berserk, which is a pretty good anime.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Leo Gura said:

@LSD-Rumi Maybe one day you'll have the insight that all art is subjective.

Art is subjective. But it's also objective. For example, it's an objective fact that Twilight isn't well-written. However, Meyer has enthralled teenage girls. It's an objective fact that the writing in Lost isn't always high-quality, but it's one of my favorite shows, because there's lots of stuff in there that I love. The writing in The Sopranos, on the other hand, is consistently high-quality. Some people may not like The Sopranos, because it might be too dark for them, or they don't like mob stories, or it's too slow, but none of that is a reason to say that The Sopranos is bad, because The Sopranos is objectively good. If any show deserves the number one spot on WGA's list, then it's The Sopranos.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

29 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Art is subjective. But it's also objective. For example, it's an objective fact that Twilight isn't well-written. However, Meyer has enthralled teenage girls. It's an objective fact that the writing in Lost isn't always high-quality, but it's one of my favorite shows, because there's lots of stuff in there that I love. The writing in The Sopranos, on the other hand, is consistently high-quality. Some people may not like The Sopranos, because it might be too dark for them, or they don't like mob stories, or it's too slow, but none of that is a reason to say that The Sopranos is bad, because The Sopranos is objectively good. If any show deserves the number one spot on WGA's list, then it's The Sopranos.

If you analyse art you can objectify it, but the experience of it is inherently subjective. Those teenage girls watching Twilight probably have a blast, and they will go on to tell all their girlfriends how Twilight is "literally the best movie ever."

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

If you analyse art you can objectify it, but the experience of it is inherently subjective. Those teenage girls watching Twilight probably have a blast, and they will go on to tell all their girlfriends how Twilight is "literally the best movie ever."

They may feel that way subjectively, but objectively they would be wrong. I can love Lost and still acknowledge that it's not the best written TV show ever. I think it's important to have a refined taste. If someone actually believes that Twilight is the best movie ever, then she's simply wrong, and she needs to consume more art.

16 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

They may feel that way subjectively, but objectively they would be wrong. I can love Lost and still acknowledge that it's not the best written TV show ever. I think it's important to have a refined taste. If someone actually believes that Twilight is the best movie ever, then she's simply wrong, and she needs to consume more art.

That's not what I'm saying. I can listen to some corny EDM tune and actually fucking enjoy it, and I will feel like it's the greatest shit ever. A few hours later I will listen to some Chopin, and the same thing will happen. It's only in hindsight that you actually go about "objectively" analysing this stuff.

Edited by Nilsi

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

That's not what I'm saying. I can listen to some corny EDM tune and actually fucking enjoy it, and I will feel like it's the greatest shit ever. A few hours later I will listen to some Chopin, and the same thing will happen.

I think we're basically saying the same thing. You're saying that the experience of art is always subjective. And I agree. The analysis of art, however, should be objective.