LSD-Rumi

Did anybody watch Carnival 2003?

69 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Nilsi said:

That's not what I'm saying. I can listen to some corny EDM tune and actually fucking enjoy it, and I will feel like it's the greatest shit ever. A few hours later I will listen to some Chopin, and the same thing will happen. It's only in hindsight that you actually go about "objectively" analysing this stuff.

8 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I think we're basically saying the same thing. You're saying that the experience of art is always subjective. And I agree. The analysis of art, however, should be objective. 

I think there's both "subjectivity" and "objectivity". The objective is roughly based on your level of consciousness/development, the subjective dictates the more specific art you're drawn to as it resonates with you.

Chopin is also a great example of music reflecting the nature of reality/God. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

7 hours ago, puporing said:

I think there's both "subjectivity" and "objectivity". The objective is roughly based on your level of consciousness/development, the subjective dictates the more specific art you're drawn to as it resonates with you.

Chopin is also a great example of music reflecting the nature of reality/God. 

I don't know. By what metrics is Chopin more reflective of reality than some EDM tune? I get where you're coming from, but this is really just a giant house of cards. 

This may be one of the corniest songs ever, but the enjoyment I get from it is off the charts.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

By what metrics is Chopin more reflective of reality than some EDM tune?

It's difficult, if not impossible, to come up with specific metrics, but certain artworks are simply more reflective of the beauty, sacredness, and intelligence of God than others. For example, Dr. Hawkins calibrated Arvo Pärt at 700. Even if you don't agree with Hawkins's calibrations, I think this is still an interesting list.

I think the beauty of an artwork depends on the level of consciousness of the creator:

"Study reveals that saintliness is a descriptive term applied to people who have reached, usually, [... ] the high 500s.
At this level joy leads many to become spiritual and inspirational teachers, healers, great artists, or even great architects who create the great cathedrals, great inspirational music, and the production of beauty in all its forms." - Dr. Hawkins

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

12 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

It's difficult to come up with specific metrics, but certain artworks are simply more reflective of the beauty, sacredness, and intelligence of God than others. For example, Dr. Hawkins calibrated Arvo Pärt at 700. Even if you don't agree with Hawkins's calibrations, I think this is still an interesting list.

You could maybe track the level of abstraction within a given genre, and equate that with higher "consciousness." But how you frame the genre and how you measure abstraction is also totally arbitrary. I could make the case that Bach is a low consciousness knuckle head, because his stuff is so simple and orderly and Ravel is a galaxy brain for his complex compositions, but that's still completely arbitrary.

I have my own aesthetic preferences, and for all practical purposes, I will make value judgements of art, but it's really not grounded in anything objective.

I don't want to be unnecessarily postmodernist about this, but I have yet to see any convincing way of systematizing and objectifying art (and I don't think that's possible, nor desirable).

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

5 hours ago, Nilsi said:

I don't know. By what metrics is Chopin more reflective of reality than some EDM tune? I get where you're coming from, but this is really just a giant house of cards. 

This may be one of the corniest songs ever, but the enjoyment I get from it is off the charts.

It's not the genre I'm talking about. "Classical music" is very diverse. So within "EDM" of course you could have ones more reflective of God, same with rock or whatever genre. A good artist will usually appreciate many different genres of art as well.

I make a special case for Chopin (and some others) because he has reached what I consider "the spiritual heights" from one instrument. Actually I think he was intentionally or unintentionally discovering God with his work.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

21 minutes ago, puporing said:

It's not the genre I'm talking about. "Classical music" is very diverse. So within "EDM" of course you could have ones more reflective of God, same with rock or whatever genre. A good artist will usually appreciate many different genres of art as well.

I make a special case for Chopin (and some others) because he has reached what I consider "the spiritual heights" from one instrument.

That's fine. I also think like this, and can certainly appreciate someone like Hendrix or Chopin or Davis being virtuosos on their instrument. But that's still not really talking about the actual music, but more about the ideas that accompany it. But yeah, I'm starting to split hairs and I don't really have a point I'm trying to make, so let's just leave it at that :D

29 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

But that's still not really talking about the actual music, but more about the ideas that accompany it. But yeah, I'm starting to split hairs and I don't really have a point I'm trying to make, so let's just leave it at that :D

Yeah the actual music to put it to words it would be around things like, divinity, profundity, beauty, infinity, light and darkness, love, humor, gracefulness, intelligence, paradox, consciousness. That last one is a bit hard to define but you know it when you see it.

Edited by puporing

Season 1 the priests journey and redemption was exceptional. An example of "what is the devil?", YOU.

The torment of realizing you are the devil this entire time. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 hours ago, integral said:

Season 1 the priests journey and redemption was exceptional. An example of "what is the devil?", YOU.

The torment of realizing you are the devil this entire time. 

You had to be/experience unconsciousness to move towards more consciousness. :)