human679

Surviving without ego?

40 posts in this topic

Hello everyone 

I just wanted to know if it’s possible for the physical body to survive without an ego? Like can it still eat, sleep, and talk with no self identify? How would a human act if it had no ego at all?

Pointer :

God-Realization + Love-Realization -> These two are not separate realizations/awakenings.

Not being identified with the character You're dreaming up gives Existence/God/You The freedom of lucid 'waking dreaming' in Godmode.

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

40 minutes ago, human679 said:

Hello everyone 

I just wanted to know if it’s possible for the physical body to survive without an ego? Like can it still eat, sleep, and talk with no self identify? How would a human act if it had no ego at all?

Yes, the body-mind has the ego - and it will always have some degree of ego depending on its conditioning.

You, on the other hand, do not.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Depends how you interpret the term "ego". 

I think what you are asking is "can you survive while being conscious that you are not the mind or the body (or anything at all)?"

The answer is yes. Higher Consciousness doesn't make the body-mind stupid or ill-equipped to survival. Moreover, even after awakening, most of the conditionings of the mind stays the same (although, you will know that none of this conditionings are who you are). So the body-mind organism continues to function pretty much the same. Only after deep awakenings it is seen that all the conditions of the mind are just conditions which can be let go of or replaced, but that doesn't mean you are going to stop sleeping, eating, defecating, and so on. Normal life functions are not affected by this, but the entire scheme you have collected throughout your life (the "architecture" of your mind) might be affected drastically. Why is this so? because you become deeply conscious that your entire self-world (that is: relationships, job, communication, hobbies, self-expressions, addictions, aversions, hidden aspects of self, manipulations you deploy, etc.) are manifestation of how you (and your environment / society) conditioned the mind to handle your needs and fulfill basic survival functions and drives such as having shelter, food, social connection and approval, sex.

As you probably gleaned by now, the structure of the mind is actually the programming of the brain to engage (or prevent) in activities the serves the self. When it comes to awakening and ego, the difference is actually a matter of identity. Ego is just about thinking that who you are is the body and the mind. Awakening is about becoming conscious that you are neither and that the identifications with the body-mind was simply an illusion. So, there was never an ego to begin with - only an illusion that you are something you are not.

look in the mirror right now, is that person there you?

to say yes is to live in ego

to say no is to live in love

since everything you see is your long lost limb

There already isn't an ego so how are you currently functioning/surviving?

The ego is an illusion of identity....it's not actually happening but only seems to be which is exactly why calling it an illusion seems to be the best word.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

15 hours ago, gettoefl said:

look in the mirror right now, is that person there you?

to say yes is to live in ego

to say no is to live in love

since everything you see is your long lost limb

some osho shines light

karma.jpg

20 hours ago, human679 said:

Hello everyone 

A life without struggle and with contentment

If by ego we mean memory, no, you couldn't. you would be a fetus.  for example a plant could, which does not need to react, but even a rat has an ego.

Another thing is that we refer to the collective ego, to the social matrix. then you could but not very good. maybe you would masturbate in public or kill whoever bothers you.

and as a third option, what you could do is live without identifying with your ego, but letting it function knowing that it is only survival software

The body is already surviving and functioning.... the ego is the illusion of self which says "I'm doing that" 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

I don't think it would eat or talk without ego

Edited by Devin

@Devin

Of cource "I" says like that or it'd be fired.

Who told you that "others" are real?

17 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Devin

Of cource "I" says like that or it'd be fired.

?. But why would you eat or talk if it wasn't for ego?

@Devin

Again it's how you define ego. If it's defined as a sense of self or control then that is really not needed to eat, talk or enjoy life.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

19 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Devin

Again it's how you define ego. If it's defined as a sense of self or control then that is really not needed to eat, talk or enjoy life.

-joNi-

Freud made it up so his definition, I didn't know there were people trying to change his term?

Definition: Ego. EGO: For Freud, the ego is "the representative of the outer world to the id" ("Ego and the Id" 708). In other words, the ego represents and enforces the reality-principle whereas the id is concerned only with the pleasure-principle.

https://cla.purdue.edu › definitions

Definition: Ego

I don't see why we would need to eat or speak if it wasn't for the outer world

We can go 40 days without eating, but I think without the ego we might forget and go past that once

The outer world has a tiny fraction of the pleasure available to us, would seem like we would only spend a tiny fraction here then.

Edited by Devin

It acts in a pure love state until it meets the first human acting extremely counter to that, which it cannot integrate, and then the ego comes back to protect it.

This might apply to other states of being, but as I've only done ego death in a pure love state, this was my experience.

Outside of pure love. The more you remove ego, the more readily you'll see parts of yourself you haven't integrated, and sometimes that is very painful to realise.

Edited by BlueOak

On 6/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Anahata said:

Pointer :

God-Realization + Love-Realization -> These two are not separate realizations/awakenings.

Agreed.

Not being identified with the character You're dreaming up gives Existence/God/You The freedom of lucid 'waking dreaming' in Godmode.

Why?The best is to be identified with the character it makes dreaming such an immersive experience. That's how people usually are preoccupied with their life as intended.

Edited by Alexander1

How does one stop Identifying with Ego?

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem