Preety_India

ACTUALIZED.org in dark mode?

34 posts in this topic

How can I have Actualized.org in dark mode? 

I tried fiddling around with this website but don't see any option anywhere! 

Ahm i changed the setting on my Google Chrome but that only changes the background for Google not for this site. 

I want Dark mode while reading Actualized.org forum. 

How can I do that? 

Any tips? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I use this chrome extension. It will make all websites dark but it let's you disable it for websites you don't want to be dark.

beep boop

go to:

Chrome://flags

search for:

"Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents"

enable it, you will have everything in chrome in dark mode, this is basically experimental features from Google that you get to try. 

@Ayham it works for other sites. But this site doesn't appear dark even after enabling it. 

@Leo Gura maybe you can add a toggle option on the top of your site for both normal and dark mode.

Just giving you a suggestion. Will be helpful for most readers who can't have automatic dark mode. 

Because I have to read and watch tons of stuff on whole site including this forum. 

Can you please do it? Please. 

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I use this chrome extension. It will make all websites dark but it let's you disable it for websites you don't want to be dark.

@DefinitelyNotARobot Awesome Thank You!!

Focus on the solution, not the problem

It didn't work for me. 

Not happening. Dark mode requires a front-end redesign of the whole site.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo you’ve always been a kind person. You can do this for us.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What about for cell/hand phone?

@Leo Gura it's fine. I'll remove the topic. 

Well, you could for example write everything in One Note (set it up to dark mode) or on Penzu and then just copy-paste it here? 

This way you'll also have your journals backed up in case of future crash. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot I'm using android and it's not working for me. 

Here ya go. https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/the-best-android-browsers-with-dark-mode/

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Razard86 thank you. This worked. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not happening. Dark mode requires a front-end redesign of the whole site.

Does it though? I requested this a while back and ended up researching, it seemed like just the forum could be given dark mode with a simple plugin for Invision. Links to support threads for the software included here:

To be fair, I used a browser plugin to enable dark mode and I didn't like how the forum looked with it, and went back to light mode.

If you're on Android, just turn on eye comfort mode + dark mode + extra dim in your settings. Or better yet stop looking at screens in the dark altogether xD