SQAAD

Leo What Would You Do If you were Quadriplegic

21 posts in this topic

I am watching Leo's latest video about falling in love with life. Some great principles overall but there is something i don't like about the video.

Basically what i don't like is that he presents a very very Contigent form of happiness and joy with life. (Some could argue that all happiness is contigent).

I am of the opinion that you should strive for the best but not be  attached to anything whatsoever. You don't really control anything. There are an infinite amount of variables out of your control.

For example i am learning certain skills the last few years. Some very valuable skills. But i always know that anything can happen. Anything could go wrong and destroy all my progress in a heartbeat.

Tomorrow a flower pod maybe drop in my head from a balcony and destroy all my skills. All my years of learning to do X,Y,Z completely gone. Stuff like this happens. Or maybe you get some unexpected dementia. Or whatever else. 

What do you do in such cases? With Leo's latest video logic , you will just end up killing yourself. Or always be super paranoid about stuff going wrong.

There is no way to be 100% sure of anything in this life. All yours investments may never pay off. 

My point is this: Its good to do stuff but never cling to any of it. Otherwise you will end up killing yourself. Ernrest Hemingway killed himself after losing his memory.

What would Leo do if he got a severe illness tomorrow? How would he behave? Would he still continue on living if he was quadriplegic or something like this where he couldn't do much??

It seems to me that Leo is the type of person who wouldn't handle something like this very well. It doesn't align with his character. He would probably kill himself . He even admitted that he would do such thing , if he was stuck in wage slavery...

I see some people that are in very bad states with terrible illnesses that find meaning and joy in life without killing themselves. And that is my role model. To always find a reason to live despite anything that might go wrong.

You can rely on contigent happiness but this way, you are always looking over your shoulder for stuff that may go wrong. I know this because i have struggled with OCD for years. Your mind is always ''What if this goes wrong, what if that goes wrong''. That's not a way to live either. Most people live this way actually. Their happiness is a house of cards ready to collapse at an instance. You can destroy a person super super easily.

After a certain point, you get so tired of living like that, that you are like ''fk it i don't care anymore''. Something similar happens to many homeless people and etc. After a certain point they don't care anymore and they are more happy than they used to . Like the person below. Or another example is Charles Bukowski. The great thing about him, was that he accepted being a drunk and didn't care to change it. He was ok, dying a drunk. This made him more happy.

(I am not recommending for someone to be a drug addict or something like this. My point is different. My point is that its good to not care too much otherwise you will suffer for it greatly. Life will punish you if you care too much.)

What about this video advice? Is this relevant and valid anymore ?

Edited by SQAAD

I got a very different understanding from that video.

Focus on building a life that is meaningful and purposeful to you. A flower pot (I'm guessing you meant pot, not pod) could drop on your head tomorrow and 'destroy your skills', but you still work on those skills today if it brings value and meaning to you.

And I really doubt anyone who is focused on their life purpose spends any significant time mulling over what to do if they were quadriplegic. That's a bridge you cross only if you ever need to.

Stephen Hawking was a world-class physicist and had 2 wives (incels get rekt.) He went on a 0-gravity flight with plans to go into space before he died.

If you're really passionate about what you do, even being quadriplegic won't stop you. 

Of course there's some stuff you'd never be able to do again. If your LP was being a master pianist or craftsman. In that case you might just off yourself. But I people adapt more than you'd think.

Personally I feel like I'd probably kill myself if I ever went fully blind in both eyes. But maybe the survival instinct is strong enough that I'd find a way to live with it. I could live with deafness, paralysis, or most other things.

Personally, I'd break a leg to get something up and running! You never know, becoming quadriplegic might be a real call to arms...

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

I imagine he would sit a lot. But that's just my own biased guess.

19 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I am watching Leo's latest video about falling in love with life. Some great principles overall but there is something i don't like about the video.

Basically what i don't like is that he presents a very very Contigent form of happiness and joy with life. (Some could argue that all happiness is contigent).

I am of the opinion that you should strive for the best but not be  attached to anything whatsoever. You don't really control anything. There are an infinite amount of variables out of your control.

For example i am learning certain skills the last few years. Some very valuable skills. But i always know that anything can happen. Anything could go wrong and destroy all my progress in a heartbeat.

Tomorrow a flower pod maybe drop in my head from a balcony and destroy all my skills. All my years of learning to do X,Y,Z completely gone. Stuff like this happens. Or maybe you get some unexpected dementia. Or whatever else. 

What do you do in such cases? With Leo's latest video logic , you will just end up killing yourself. Or always be super paranoid about stuff going wrong.

There is no way to be 100% sure of anything in this life. All yours investments may never pay off. 

My point is this: Its good to do stuff but never cling to any of it. Otherwise you will end up killing yourself. Ernrest Hemingway killed himself after losing his memory.

What would Leo do if he got a severe illness tomorrow? How would he behave? Would he still continue on living if he was quadriplegic or something like this where he couldn't do much??

It seems to me that Leo is the type of person who wouldn't handle something like this very well. It doesn't align with his character. He would probably kill himself . He even admitted that he would do such thing , if he was stuck in wage slavery...

I see some people that are in very bad states with terrible illnesses that find meaning and joy in life without killing themselves. And that is my role model. To always find a reason to live despite anything that might go wrong.

You can rely on contigent happiness but this way, you are always looking over your shoulder for stuff that may go wrong. I know this because i have struggled with OCD for years. Your mind is always ''What if this goes wrong, what if that goes wrong''. That's not a way to live either. Most people live this way actually. Their happiness is a house of cards ready to collapse at an instance. You can destroy a person super super easily.

After a certain point, you get so tired of living like that, that you are like ''fk it i don't care anymore''. Something similar happens to many homeless people and etc. After a certain point they don't care anymore and they are more happy than they used to . Like the person below. Or another example is Charles Bukowski. The great thing about him, was that he accepted being a drunk and didn't care to change it. He was ok, dying a drunk. This made him more happy.

(I am not recommending for someone to be a drug addict or something like this. My point is different. My point is that its good to not care too much otherwise you will suffer for it greatly. Life will punish you if you care too much.)

What about this video advice? Is this relevant and valid anymore ?

I guess you haven't realized that black shirt Leo is not the same as white shirt Leo. White shirt Leo looks at black shirt Leo and thinks "I've come a long way." 

Black shirt Leo's biggest spiritual attainment= God Realization

White shirt leo= I've had so many awakenings....I have no equal. 

So don't get so hard on black shirt Leo, he's not current White Shirt Leo.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@itsnutsandbolts

On 9/6/2022 at 5:14 PM, itsnutsandbolts said:

And I really doubt anyone who is focused on their life purpose spends any significant time mulling over what to do if they were quadriplegic. That's a bridge you cross only if you ever need to.

You do not understand the point man

We all spend significant time on being fearful. Just observe how many times you feel fearful every single day.

The point is that we all deal with fear..It's not about being quadriplegic. It's about fear , fear , fear. And the constant what if statements. What if this happens, what if the other thing happens. That is the human condition in a nutshell.

Being quadriplegic or something similar represents that you can no longer do what you love. It means severe exteme loss.

If you are the type of person who doesn't struggle with this, then i am really surprised.

Edited by SQAAD

If it were me, I would off myself, and take my chances on a different life or afterlife.  Imagine having itchy skin on top of that... 

On 6/8/2022 at 9:44 PM, SQAAD said:

You can rely on contigent happiness but this way, you are always looking over your shoulder for stuff that may go wrong. I know this because i have struggled with OCD for years. Your mind is always ''What if this goes wrong, what if that goes wrong''. That's not a way to live either.

Nowhere did I say you should be worrying so much.

Life is a game you must play to the hilt even though you could get hit by a bus any day. In fact, playing it to the hilt is what gives you peace and happiness if your life ends tomorrow.

If you get an illness and you have no purpose, that's when you will truly have no more reason to live.

Life can get extremly hard and there's nothing that will prepare you for it. You can imagine very bad life conditions all day long. But it would be foolish to design your life around that, since odds of it are pretty low.

You could get your dick bitten off tomorrow, but you shouldn't plan your life according to such edge cases. If you do get your dick bitten off tomorrow you can adjust your life plans accordingly.

Notice how your OCD and fear is creating self-sabotage in your life. You can't become strong or successful with that kind of loser's mentality.

It's big mistake to design your life around fear. And this does not mean bad shit won't befall you. It will. Deal with it. That's life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nowhere did I say you should be worrying so much.

Life is a game you must play to the hilt even though you could get hit by a bus any day. In fact, playing it to the hilt is what gives you peace and happiness if your life ends tomorrow.

If you get an illness and you have no purpose, that's when you will truly have no more reason to live.

Life can get extremly hard and there's nothing that will prepare you for it. You can imagine very bad life conditions all day long. But it would be foolish to design your life around that, since odds of it are pretty low.

You could get your dick bitten off tomorrow, but you shouldn't plan your life according to such edge cases. If you do get your dick bitten off tomorrow you can adjust your life plans accordingly.

Notice how your OCD and fear is creating self-sabotage in your life. You can't become strong or successful with that kind of loser's mentality.

It's big mistake to design your life around fear. And this does not mean bad shit won't befall you. It will. Deal with it. That's life.

I was with you till you said my dick gets bitten off....why Leo...why would you write that....I immediately pictured it!!!! 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Ram Dass was a spiritual teacher whose job and LP was to give lectures on freedom and love. He had a stroke in the 90s which all but took away his ability to speak for long periods. Look into his journey for some answers. His understanding deepened after his affliction. 

Edited by Benapplegate

Once you can truly say that every activity you are doing in your day-to-day life is what you would be doing if it were your last days, you are death-proof.

This would mean that every activity that you are doing is intrinsically motivated. It takes work to get to that point though, with a big piece of the puzzle being financial freedom. 

On 11/06/2022 at 9:02 AM, Leo Gura said:

In fact, playing it to the hilt is what gives you peace and happiness if your life ends tomorrow.

@Leo Gura

How and why is this the case?

Is it because you know you are doing the best you possibly can in life?

@preventingdiabetes

When you play a video game, why is it so fun to get better and better at playing it?

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

4 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

When you play a video game, why is it so fun to get better and better at playing it?

@Arthogaan

Because it feels good to be making progress? 

Yeah. And you could ask again, but why does making progress feel good. Well, it just is that way. There is something fundamental and mystical in self actualization. You couls philosophically say you tap into God's (Your) creative power. It is Power and Freedom to develop. Even if that means transcending development at some point.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

On 21/07/2022 at 10:54 PM, Arthogaan said:

Yeah. And you could ask again, but why does making progress feel good. Well, it just is that way. There is something fundamental and mystical in self actualization. You couls philosophically say you tap into God's (Your) creative power. It is Power and Freedom to develop. Even if that means transcending development at some point.

@Arthogaan
But what if you die tomorrow? Would there have still been a point in trying to make progress “towards” something if you were going to die before actualising it? 

6 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@Arthogaan
But what if you die tomorrow? Would there have still been a point in trying to make progress “towards” something if you were going to die before actualising it? 

You can take this nihilist approach to literally everything in life if you want to. You're going to die eventually so why do anything at all. Obviously this kind of thinking leads absolutely nowhere.

On 7/08/2022 at 9:20 AM, thepixelmonk said:

You can take this nihilist approach to literally everything in life if you want to. You're going to die eventually so why do anything at all. Obviously this kind of thinking leads absolutely nowhere.

@thepixelmonk Why would it lead nowhere?

If you're going to die eventually, doesn't that mean you should make the most of your life?