Leo Gura

Elon Musk Buys Twitter

139 posts in this topic

Don't forget that Mr Musk tried to reinvent the consept of tunnels. He wanted to save people from being stuck in traffic, so he made a smal tunnel that barely fits a medium sized car. This tunnel takes one car at the time! Lol..

My point is, that alot of the ambitious "saving the humans" projects that Mr musk is so famous for. Is at best very naive in many ways. But since he has the spare fundings to do all sort of crazy ideas on a whim, he also get alot of praise from his continously growing fan base. 

If he get's an idea, he will get his idea done no matter how stupid it is, because he pays for it all to be the way he wants it. Big projects don't usually work that way since it rarely is a one man show type of thing.

I doubt that twitter will be revolutionized after he has implemented any changes to it, but I think he will stear it behind the scenes to gain even more praise and fame from that ever growing fanbase. My guess is that he will have the most followers on twitter at within a year or so, and that is good for his business. His edgy approach and meme project is what alot of youngsters look up to today, a tech messia that will save us from our selves in the future.

1 hour ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

but I think he will stear it behind the scenes to gain even more praise and fame from that ever growing fanbase.

You think Musk paid $44 billion to get more praise and fame?

You have a lower opinion of him than of Trump.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Musk is genuinely driven to create the best future possible for mankind, he seems obsessed with efficiency and optimization. In doing that, I'm sure he realizes 99.99% of mankind (myself included) is so lazy in comparison that their laziness might actually slow down or kill some of his projects. So obviously he wants solutions that will enable maximum freedom to innovate while mitigating the risks efficiently through simple government regulation.

Where are the problematic cases of Twitter censorship? This is the real question for Musk.

The most problematic case is the interference in the 2020 election by censoring the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop which was recently confirmed.  This is worse than anything "Russia" has supposedly done to interfere with US elections.  In essence, a cover up of potential -- even likely -- corruption by a presidential candidate by political partisans.

Then, there are cases of simply holding accounts in suspension until they delete "problematic" tweets (such as the Babylon Bee "Man of The Year" joke about the HHS secretary.)  So jokes which do not toe the woke orthodoxy line are now an issue?

Then there is the more subtle problem of shadow-banning accounts.  

Edited by SeaMonster

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You think Musk paid $44 billion to get more praise and fame?

You have a lower opinion of him than of Trump.

No, it's not that simple as you try to make it out to be with that comparison.

I think that praise and fame that he has invested in, is mainly a key factor for being on every persons mind even more so than before. Think of it as a commercial for tesla or his other brands. His elevated image of the most likely person to save the world and colonize mars is what will spell bound younger generations into investing in his brands over other similar brands. Why so? Because to invest in tesla, is to invest in a bright future for humankind, that is a major sales pitch, that may have some truth to it for being inovative with it's certain direction it is taking. But it would be very naive to expect a certain brand to be superior over similar products just because the company owner are an excentric optimist with no breakes or economic limits.

I'm not saying that musk is better or worse than other billionares. What he has going for him, is a fresh perspective on things and the heart in the right place from what it seems, and that is all good. But that doesn't exclude him from being criticised in a destructive way. The main problem is not even Musk himself, but the hardcore fanbase that is falling deeper and deeper inlove with the heros journey he has gone through to be were he is today.

I think Musks social media influence will gain him further advantages over his competitors, on the premise that his product will not only give you your promised product. But you also invest in the utopia that he is trying to build for everyone, and you as an investor are in for the ride! I truly believe that living on mars is a fariytale, but since it is possible to send robots over there, it serves and feeds greatly into that narrative to be true in a distant future. And no other company owner other than Musk, is promising such a utopic view of no limits.

Let's aks ourself this for a change, if Musk is about to save the world. What is the likelihood that Musk has payed his right percent of taxes, in accordance with his totall earnings?  We can of course only speculate about this question, but what are the chances do you think that he has even payed if fair deal out of all his earnings, and does it matter to you wheter the right amount of taxes are payed or not in the grand scheme of things?

Edited by ZzzleepingBear

32 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Let's aks ourself this for a change, if Musk is about to save the world. What is the likelihood that Musk has payed his right percent of taxes, in accordance with his totall earnings?

What is 'saving the world' has anything to do with paying taxes?

Do you think that he made Tesla because he knew beforehand, that he can create a market for electric cars and earn a lot of money (without thinking about the implications how well it can affect humanity in general)? Because it was a really big risks imo, not to mention that he had to run not just 1 company but two. Why wouldn't he put more money into SpaceX if its just for the money and fame? I think that if we would be to do a risk analysis on that, almost no one would suggest to do such a big risk.  Of course big risk --> potential big reward, but still he could have just invested all his 100million dollars into SpaceX.

His companies are so far helping humanity and not destroying it imo. Is it a coincidence, or he was intentionally planning and thinking about the impilcations of his actions? If he would be that hardly just stage orange, he would just go for the lowest hanging fruit without thinking about the implications, how it can effect people and humanity. 

I am not saying that he is purely for saving the world and he doesn't care about fame and money. That would be really naive to assume. But i don't think either that he is that hardly stage orange as you try to paint him to be.

7 hours ago, captainamerica said:

Great thread on key differences between the Left and the Far-Left/Alt-Left. 

what a word means? 

What a ‘word’ ‘means’

There is a corruption in meaning as people consume shit low quality low density information off these platforms 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Raze said:

Dem sweet leftist tears ^_^ Free speech threatens a lot of fragile ego's out there

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 hours ago, zurew said:

What is 'saving the world' has anything to do with paying taxes?

Do you think that he made Tesla because he knew beforehand, that he can create a market for electric cars and earn a lot of money (without thinking about the implications how well it can affect humanity in general)? Because it was a really big risks imo, not to mention that he had to run not just 1 company but two. Why wouldn't he put more money into SpaceX if its just for the money and fame? I think that if we would be to do a risk analysis on that, almost no one would suggest to do such a big risk.  Of course big risk --> potential big reward, but still he could have just invested all his 100million dollars into SpaceX.

His companies are so far helping humanity and not destroying it imo. Is it a coincidence, or he was intentionally planning and thinking about the impilcations of his actions? If he would be that hardly just stage orange, he would just go for the lowest hanging fruit without thinking about the implications, how it can effect people and humanity. 

I am not saying that he is purely for saving the world and he doesn't care about fame and money. That would be really naive to assume. But i don't think either that he is that hardly stage orange as you try to paint him to be.

Why he made tesla is totally beside my main point here.

Is taxes essential to live in a progressive modern world or not? Should the most rich people on the planet be praised as heros despite of their efforts to avoid that responsibility?

It's one thing to be happy with your brand new tesla car, nothing odd about that at all. But why make an idol out of the owner of the company based of his personal beliefs?

With regard to spaceX, there is alot of economic insentive to send up satelites inorder strive for monopoly over the digital market. To claim that the main purpose is to colonize mars and create an utopia for the human race, that is a great sales pitch for gaining trust in the market that no tv or radio commercial can beat despite huge investments into those types of media.

18 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Why he made tesla is totally beside my main point here.

I know, that was my point. Imagine you are in the same situation you have 2 companies you have 100 mill, if you split your 100mill the probablity that your companies will fail is very high. So if he would have been only focused on the wealth aspect, it would have been a really dumb  and risky move on his part. A lot of people are saying to not follow his example, because it is really risky and the probability that you suceed this way is really low.

It's one thing to be happy with your brand new tesla car, nothing odd about that at all. But why make an idol out of the owner of the company based of his personal beliefs?

Is he making an idol of himself or media and other people making an idol about him?

With regard to spaceX, there is alot of economic insentive to send up satelites inorder strive for monopoly over the digital market. To claim that the main purpose is to colonize mars and create an utopia for the human race, that is a great sales pitch for gaining trust in the market that no tv or radio commercial can beat despite huge investments into those types of media.

I agree with you, but having economical incentives are not inherently bad or necessarily related to only stage orange.

Is taxes essential to live in a progressive modern world or not? Should the most rich people on the planet be praised as heros despite of their efforts to avoid that responsibility?

Taxes are essential in todays world for sure. My question would be how is he avoiding his taxes?

Edited by zurew

23 hours ago, vizual said:

And what happened to Trump on Twitter?

He was removed and rightfully so. Its astonishing that it took a literal coup attempt to do it. 

Yeah, if you haven't read his biography, you'll see that his goal is to lead humanity toward a rosier future. The whole title of his biography is called "Elon Musk, Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a fantastic future." He's trying to make a big difference in reworking the ideas of the world through buying twitter. He doesn't like instagram, or tiktok, he loves youtube though, and also twitter. Twitter is definitely is favorite platform. He hates Instagram, facebook, and tiktok though. Elon despises instagram and facebook to the moon. But he loves twitter and youtube for sure. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

7 hours ago, Epikur said:

That guy is 100% CIA asset. I'm not even memeing. That's one of those few cases where I could actually believe it.

20 minutes ago, DnoReally said:

That guy is 100% CIA asset. I'm not even memeing. That's one of those few cases where I could actually believe it.

Does not mean he is wrong though

10 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

The most problematic case is the interference in the 2020 election by censoring the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop which was recently confirmed.  This is worse than anything "Russia" has supposedly done to interfere with US elections.  In essence, a cover up of potential -- even likely -- corruption by a presidential candidate by political partisans.

Okay, that may be a fair case of over-moderation. You have to take into account that no moderation will ever be perfect.

Twitter needs to have a moderation overview board similar to Facebook, like an appeals court, where big moderation decisions can be submitted for reversal.

10 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

No, it's not that simple as you try to make it out to be with that comparison.

I think that praise and fame that he has invested in, is mainly a key factor for being on every persons mind even more so than before. Think of it as a commercial for tesla or his other brands. His elevated image of the most likely person to save the world and colonize mars is what will spell bound younger generations into investing in his brands over other similar brands.

I don't see why Musk needs that. He doesn't need to pay $44B for brand promotion. His brands are as popular as ever and don't need any special boost like this. He could have gotten a lot more brand visibility by spending a few billion on ads.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@zurew I think we are talking past eachother at this point. I have expressed my critical thoughts well enough. And based on your responses, I don't see that you are getting at what I have tried to point out.

It's all good though. I have no interest in arguing for the sake of arguing.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't see why Musk needs that. He doesn't need to pay $44B for brand promotion. His brands are as popular as ever and don't need any special boost like this. He could have gotten a lot more brand visibility by spending a few billion on ads.

If you don't see it, then so be it.

2 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

If you don't see it, then so be it.

Obviously he wants kids to read about him in history books, everyone does. Leo is just saying that's not the main reason he's doing it, it's just a nice perk.