Hardkill

How much has the Biden administration accomplished?

74 posts in this topic

Midterm elections are coming up this year and it's not looking good for the Democrats for being able to keep control of the House of Representatives. Also, Biden still can't get his approval ratings raised up from being almost as bad as Trump's. The majority of people in the USA don't seem happy with what Biden and his administration has gotten done since he first took office given the 40 year high inflation, worry about a possible near-term recession, worry geopolitical instability going on with the Russia-Ukraine war, upset with having failed to pass several popular policies from the Build Back Better agenda, inability to pass any kind of meaningful voting rights reform for minorities and for better representing the electorate, violent crime waves still occurring, the COVID-19 pandemic still not quite yet over, a lot of stupid complaining about the "Southern Border crisis" and immigration issue, Biden and Harris having been unable to inspire and unite the country enough, etc. 

Have Biden's accomplishments been one of the poorest for any president? If he fails to get any more significant legislation passed through Congress (which is what a number of pundits are saying is likely to happen at this point) then will he go down in history as one of the least successful presidents in all of US history?

Edited by Hardkill

His accomplishments have been huge, especially when you consider what would have happened if Trump remained in office.

Just not having Trump and his idiots in power is a huge accomplishment at this point.

The least successful President in history will be Trump.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Fun fact:  If Trump was still in power, Ukraine and Russia would likely still be at peace.

With Trump, the longer Russia waited, the weaker NATO would've become.

With Biden, the longer Russia waited, the stronger NATO would've become.  So of course Russia didn't want to wait.

So, technically, Biden's biggest accomplishment was starting the Ukraine invasion, and possibly WW3.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

His accomplishments have been huge, especially when you consider what would have happened if Trump remained in office.

Just not having Trump and his idiots in power is a huge accomplishment at this point.

So, do you think that it's been all of the news media including all of the mainstream media out there that have been making really unfair comparisons between Biden and all of the other modern US presidents (besides Trump) in combination with the extremely politically polarized climate we've been in?

Edited by Hardkill

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't understand how the same person who made the 4-part conscious politics series could even say stuff like this.

I feel like this level of bias can only be reached by someone watching hours of Vaush, breadtubers, or similar per day who has basically isolated themselves in a left-wing echo chamber. I think even the average mostly-centrist normie who hates Trump would see this as extremely biased. These statements are just not based in reality. This is pure Trump Derangement Syndrome.

*Admittedly I'm extremely right-wing biased (albeit not a big Trump fan either).

You see that video of Biden trying to shake hands with the air after his speech today and then looking around confused before walking off stage? I don't know how anyone can still deny that he has dementia and is unfit for office. To anybody who's had relatives with a neurodegenerative disease it's plain as day.

Welp that's post #1000 for me, time to peace out for a bit.

Edited by Yarco

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

So, do you think that it's been all of the news media including all of the mainstream media out there that have been making really unfair comparisons between Biden and all of the other modern US presidents (besides Trump) in combination with the extremely politically polarized climate we've been in?

People love to whine and criticize without understanding the realities on the ground or the larger developmental context.

Biden is very limited in what he can do by the Senate. That is not Biden's fault.

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

I feel like this level of bias can only be reached by someone watching hours of Vaush, breadtubers, or similar per day who has basically isolated themselves in a left-wing echo chamber.

If I was a Breadtuber I would be shitting on Biden for not being left-wing enough.

*Admittedly I'm extremely right-wing biased (albeit not a big Trump fan either).

The problem is that you confuse your bias for mine without any sense of self-reflection or shame.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People love to whine and criticize without understanding the realities on the ground or the larger developmental context.

Biden is very limited in what he can do by the Senate. That is not Biden's fault.

Yeah I know.

Some people are saying that Biden might end up being like the next Jimmy Carter, who was ranked as a below average president (still far better than Trump of course) given the limited success and the inflation and looming recession they both had to deal with and both lacking the ability to inspire confidence and hope in the people of America. What do you think?

Also, aren’t you worried about the possibility of the Republicans of reversing practically every thing Biden and the Democrats have done after they very likely take back the House of Representatives and maybe the Senate after this upcoming midterm elections, and then take back the presidency with someone as bad as Trump (or possibly Trump himself) in 2024? 

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden is very limited in what he can do by the Senate. That is not Biden's fault

I was thinking about this the other day. I think this form of democracy is deeply limited and restricted. I think it would be much more in coherence with democracy if the senate was from the same party of the president. But this would raise the stakes much higher than the current system.

3 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

Fun fact:  If Trump was still in power, Ukraine and Russia would likely still be at peace.

With Biden, the longer Russia waited, the stronger NATO would've become.  So of course Russia didn't want to wait.

So, technically, Biden's biggest accomplished was starting the Ukraine invasion, and possibly WW3.

1600399163168512601.jpg

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

Well now you know..

A_-wgVtCIAAgJlV.jpeg

3 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

So, technically, Biden's biggest accomplished was starting the Ukraine invasion, and possibly WW3.

Btw, why would it matter how weak or strong Nato is, when Nato wont intervene anyway? Because Ukraine isn't a Nato member.

The Biden haters blame everything bad on Biden just because they don't like him. It's pathetic.

If Trump had been president then stuff had been even worse.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If destroying the US is a huge accomplishment, then yes Biden is doing an amazing job. It's incredibly entertaining to see the downfall of the USA. You guys have a President with dementia LMAO.

Speaking as a non-American, especially with the war in Ukraine going on. Biden being in has been a breath of fresh air. I don't even want to think of all the ridiculous shit Trump would have reacted with (even if he's buddy buddies with Putin).

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What did Trump do actually? I am not American and remember when he was elected in 2016 we were all like, omg trump will ruin everything, it will be so bad etc. But then, nothing happened. Like he had some BS with north korea, iran and EU but no big harm was done (no wars either). It seems to me that his presidency was just meh, blank, no good , no bad done. I am talking from an ignorant european pov here, so idk internally in the USA what damage he did (or if he did anything good).

I was expecting a lot worse from him though :P 

Edited by Karmadhi

Trump would have just caused more drama. Biden is keeping it chill. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

A_-wgVtCIAAgJlV.jpeg

Btw, why would it matter how weak or strong Nato is, when Nato wont intervene anyway? Because Ukraine isn't a Nato member.

Strong NATO = Ukraine's allies are stronger.  And the Russian offensive is more likely to be limited to just Ukraine.  

Weak NATO = Ukraine gets little help from allies.  And since Russia's gonna be suffering sanctions anyway, why not draw up plans for an invasion into the baltics and finland too?  If the Ukraine invasion goes well, then it's a good opportunity to invade other places too.

Also, a stronger NATO is more likely to be able to let Ukraine join NATO.  If NATO was e.g. 10x stronger, they could let Ukraine join and Russia's opinion wouldn't matter.  But as NATO is only slightly more powerful than Russia, it's too much of a provocation, and NATO has to take into account Russia's feelings.  If NATO was made any weaker, then it would have to be even more careful not to anger Russia, and may even have to give in to any Russian demands.

Edited by thisintegrated

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

What did Trump do actually?

Stage a fucking coup and corrupted faith in our election system for decades to come.

And that's just one out of 100 other shitty things like deregulating EPA protections, massively cutting corporate taxes, and filling the Supreme Court with religious ideologues for the next 30 years. Oklahoma just passed a total ban on abortions without exception for rape or incest.

The list of damage the Trump admin did is staggering. You don't even know 10% of it.

A lot happened. You just aren't paying attention to actual policy as you get lost in Trump's stupid antics. Beneath all the antics and drama is a very dangerous and toxic set of policies.

@Yarco

21 hours ago, Yarco said:

I don't understand how the same person who made the 4-part conscious politics series could even say stuff like this.

I feel like this level of bias can only be reached by someone watching hours of Vaush, breadtubers, or similar per day who has basically isolated themselves in a left-wing echo chamber. I think even the average mostly-centrist normie who hates Trump would see this as extremely biased. These statements are just not based in reality. This is pure Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You see that video of Biden trying to shake hands with the air after his speech today and then looking around confused before walking off stage? I don't know how anyone can still deny that he has dementia and is unfit for office. To anybody who's had relatives with a neurodegenerative disease it's plain as day.

Welp that's post #1000 for me, time to peace out for a bit.

Congrats on your #1,000 post!B|

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stage a fucking coup and corrupted faith in our election system for decades to come.

And that's just one out of 100 other shitty things like deregulating EPA protections, massively cutting corporate taxes, and filling the Supreme Court with religious ideologues for the next 30 years. Oklahoma just passed a total ban on abortions without exception for rape or incest.

The list of damage the Trump admin did is staggering. You don't even know 10% of it.

A lot happened. You just aren't paying attention to actual policy as you get lost in Trump's stupid antics. Beneath all the antics and drama is a very dangerous and toxic set of policies.

Then, how worried are you about the possibility of the Republicans of reversing practically every thing Biden and the Democrats have done?

Given Biden's poor polling, the majority of Americans now wanting Republicans back in charge of Congress, probable recession within the next 2 years, the all but certain outcome of Republicans taking back the House of Representatives and maybe the Senate after the upcoming 2022 midterm elections, many pundits in virtually all media outlets are sounding the alarm on the frightening possibility of someone as bad as Trump (or possibly Trump himself) in 2024 taking back the presidency, does this not bode well for the Dems? 

Edited by Hardkill

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oklahoma just passed a total ban on abortions without exception for rape or incest.

This is like some global backlash that's happening. Simultaneously in many places in the world in a span of a few years.