Someone here

Let's talk about suicide!

30 posts in this topic

It is never easy to understand why someone attempts suicide, and the reasons are varied and complex. Often suicide involves emotional or physical pain that someone finds to be unbearable and leaves them feeling as if there is no escape.

Hopelessness. People sometimes reach a point where they feel there is no hope and no way to change that feeling. When they are hopeless, they may realize the good things in their life, making suicide a viable option to escape.
Traumatic Stress. Traumatic experiences such as sexual abuse, physical abuse, assault, or war trauma can put someone at greater risk for suicide, even a great time after the event takes place.

What do you think of suicide?  Do you think it's a sin ? Is it really the only way out after one has become fed up with existence? Where do you think the person who killed himself go? What awaits him on the other side ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I think suicide is the result of deeply misunderstanding reality.

People who are suicidal are completely identified with illusions, which makes them suffer. They deeply underestimate realitys capacity for joy, happiness, love, fulfillment. They think they figured it out, reality ist just unfair, etc.

While in truth, reality is deeply loving.

If I would get suicidal one day, to the point of killing myself, why wouldn't I just try something new out? Instead of killing myself, give up my current job and all my posessions and move to india to become a monk for example? Why not just try something new? You can always kill yourself later, istn't it?

Or instead of killing yourself, you could try out some psychedelics like 5-Meo and go on a journey to discover absolute reality, why not just give it a try? You can always kill yourself later...

OR you could go out clubbing to learn socialization and dating, I mean - you have nothing to lose, haven't you already given up your life? Why not give it a try?

Or you could try seriously helping other people, for example go to africa and help build the infrastructure there, do the work that is needed etc.

Or you could get a dog, get a cat, go to a therapist, etc, etc, etc.

Reality has infinite potential for happiness. Even for the most depressed of its members. To depressed people their depression seems to be uncurable. But have you really tried to cure it? What have you changed about the way you live? Have you tried all the examples I mentioned above? Have you tried dancing freely, have you tried adopting a child in need of someone who cares, have you tried starting a new hobbie, have you tried learning a new language together with other people, have you tried visiting a self help group for suicidal people, what have you tried?

It isn't much, is it? If you're going to kill yourself anyways, at least try the things I mentioned above before you do it. You have nothing to lose, you can always kill yourself afterwards.

2 hours ago, Michael Jackson said:

People who are suicidal are completely identified with illusions, which makes them suffer. They deeply underestimate realitys capacity for joy, happiness, love, fulfillment. They think they figured it out, reality ist just unfair, etc.

If I would get suicidal one day, to the point of killing myself, why wouldn't I just try something new out? Instead of killing myself, give up my current job and all my posessions and move to india to become a monk for example? Why not just try something new? You can always kill yourself later, istn't it?

Or instead of killing yourself, you could try out some psychedelics like 5-Meo and go on a journey to discover absolute reality, why not just give it a try? You can always kill yourself later...

OR you could go out clubbing to learn socialization and dating, I mean - you have nothing to lose, haven't you already given up your life? Why not give it a try?

Or you could try seriously helping other people, for example go to africa and help build the infrastructure there, do the work that is needed etc.

Reality has infinite potential for happiness. Even for the most depressed of its members. To depressed people their depression seems to be uncurable. But have you really tried to cure it? What have you changed about the way you live? Have you tried all the examples I mentioned above? Have you tried dancing freely, have you tried adopting a child in need of someone who cares, have you tried starting a new hobbie, have you tried learning a new language together with other people, have you tried visiting a self help group for suicidal people, what have you tried?

It isn't much, is it? If you're going to kill yourself anyways, at least try the things I mentioned above before you do it. You have nothing to lose, you can always kill yourself afterwards.

While I agree with everything in this post....its too rational. When you deal with people attached to emotion...rationality rarely works. The main cause of depression is self-denial and self-hate. The self-esteem (respect for self) has reached zero. Suicidal people are the most dangerous people around because if you have no respect for your own life, then you have no respect for any other life. Not saying you will harm others if you are suicidal, but you won't really care if you do. The interesting thing about suicidal thoughts and feelings is like anything else it is a STATE. There are many people who have attempted suicide and survived who regretted it, were glad they survived, and are living happy productive lives. It is just a momentary state through which people take action.

Suicide is a result of delusion, but like all delusions it feels real and thus logic alone won't snap them out. You first have to reach them emotionally, before logic will make sense to them.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I was suicidal the last couple of days. Right now i feel a little better. 

Actually the only comfortable thought that i have during the periods of depression is that i can kill myself so all of that will end, so that gives me some reliefe to move on.

Since everything is love that means that suicide is also love right? Ofcourse i am not advocating suicide and i am aware that suicide comes from scewed interpretation of reality.

Edited by Kiko

36 minutes ago, Kiko said:

I was suicidal the last couple of days. Right now i feel a little better. 

Actually the only comfortable thought that i have during the periods of depression is that i can kill myself so all of that will end, so that gives me some reliefe to move on.

Since everything is love that means that suicide is also love right? Ofcourse i am not advocating suicide and i am aware that suicide comes from scewed interpretation of reality.

Yes Suicide is an expression of love but in a corrupted sense. Suicide is a denial of reality. This denial is due to fear, and hate. Suicide is a form of protection. Because the individual hates reality, and believes themselves powerless to change their reality they deem the only solution is to flee from it and the ultimate escape is death.

Love is truth. Suicide is not truth, but it is an expression of what the individual BELIEVES is true. It is an act of love out of self-preservation but is based on delusion.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Stuff said in this thread:

"Suicide is delusion",    "suicide is wrong",    "suicidal people don't care about others",    "suicidal people have misunderstood",    "suicidal people are identified with illusions",    "they understimate",    "why don't they just try something new?",    "reality has infinite potential for happiness for everyone",    "they are in self-denial",    "they self-hate',    "suicide is corrupted sense of love",    "suicide is denial of reality",    suicide is because of fear",    "suicide is because of hate",    "suicide is not truth".

Do you notice a mistake with all that stuff? Try to find the mistake which you are doing.

Edited by Blackhawk

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Stuff said in this thread:

"Suicide is delusion",    "suicide is wrong",    "suicidal people don't care about others",    "suicidal people have misunderstood",    "suicidal people are identified with illusions",    "they understimate",    "why don't they just try something new?",    "reality has infinite potential for happiness for everyone",    "they are in self-denial",    "they self-hate',    "suicide is corrupted sense of love",    "suicide is denial of reality",    suicide is because of fear",    "suicide is because of hate",    "suicide is not truth".

Do you notice a mistake with all that stuff? Try to find the mistake which you are doing.

Let me make a analogy:

Person A doesn't have headache.

Person B has headache and doesn't take painkillers.

Person C has headache and takes painkillers.

Who is right and who is wrong?

They are all right.

What you people are saying is that only person A is right and everyone else are deluded.

Do you understand how stupid that is?

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk are you still depressed and suicidal?  No improvements whatsoever even little? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I've been suicidal since I was 17, I'm 22 now. Hopefully at some point I can fix the underlying issues that cause it. 

It's very hard to be rational when your brain has learned to function a certain way, those emotions just take complete hold of you. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Blackhawk are you still depressed and suicidal?  No improvements whatsoever even little? 

Kind of. But I just distract myself with something so it's less severe.

2 hours ago, Max_V said:

I've been suicidal since I was 17, I'm 22 now. Hopefully at some point I can fix the underlying issues that cause it. 

It's very hard to be rational when your brain has learned to function a certain way, those emotions just take complete hold of you. 

Bro, you're deluded, you identify yourself with illusions and are in denial of reality. Shame on you. (This is not my actual opinion, this is what everyone else in this thread thinks.)

Edited by Blackhawk

Some people shut out 50% of reality only because they don't like the 50%..

"Since it's not nice and pleasant then it's not truth."

Some people go even further and say "actually everything is nice and pleasant, it's just that you love drama."

rip-my-hair-out-sometimes-i-want.jpg

Edited by Blackhawk

@Someone here society conditioning leads to the most depression and suicide.

The spirit has given up hope completely.

some say you don’t need hope, they don’t realise that hope is underneath it all

Love and Life

@Someone here all the other questions I feel afraid to answer I don’t want to encourage any ideas of positives from suicide 

Love and Life

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Bro, you're deluded, you identify yourself with illusions and are in denial of reality. Shame on you. (This is not my actual opinion, this is what everyone else in this thread thinks.)

I don't know what it is. All I know is that it's my experience and has been for a long time. I've felt hate for myself since I was about 10, as a consequence of how different I felt to everyone else. That internalized self-hatred has been excruciatingly hard to change. 

If the another truth presented itself to me, I would change my perspective. Since it doesn't, this is my life.  

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 2.4.2022 at 10:03 PM, Blackhawk said:

Let me make a analogy:

Person A doesn't have headache.

Person B has headache and doesn't take painkillers.

Person C has headache and takes painkillers.

Who is right and who is wrong?

They are all right.

What you people are saying is that only person A is right and everyone else are deluded.

Do you understand how stupid that is?

@Blackhawk I am not judging it. I am just describing. If I call an ill person ill, is that wrong? I know the truth about you. What You truly are is Heaven, Love and absolute Goodness. There is nothing "wrong" with being suicidal and if you want to be it, be it, but the thoughts most suicidal people have about reality are simply not in alignment with the truth of things. That's all that's been said.

@Michael Jackson sorry but you underestimate depression. you are maybe too young and immature to grasp that the older you get the less chance you have to try something new. Also you don't consider, that you need the power to do this change. Where do you get this if you are depressed an suicidal?

Moving to a different place will for deep depressed people not change anything, it even can become worse. Because they tried to get out of the misery and see how they still are in misery. Depressed people are not functional, how can they even do this big change without a lot of help and even then...

Sorry for my harsh words, but too naive.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:53 AM, Michael Jackson said:

Dude if i gave up on life why would I wanna go to India to be a monk or help Africa? 

Edited by blankisomeone

1 hour ago, blankisomeone said:

Dude if i gave up on life why would I wanna go to India to be a monk or help Africa? 

Because you fucking hate your current life so much, that you are willing to throw it in the trashcan. So why not try something new out, a new way of living instead of throwing your greatest gift away? You might actually start loving life.

@blankisomeone

Edited by Michael Jackson

Why does this thread appear like some replies are gone? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I was depressed from my early teens to 25 and suicidal for a couple of years. It's a hard thing to deal with for sure but there is a way to turn things around and that's facing all those negative emotions that's been surpressed for so long. 

It's not an easy thing to do but it's simple. It will feel worse at first but will turn around for the better after a while.

I strongly recommend doing this with a trained professional since there will be so much unprocessed thoughts that come up and there will be a need to see things from another perspective to easier let go.