PataFoiFoi

Why is everybody so convinced of reincarnation

34 posts in this topic

I mean im open minded to it but still there isnt a single evidence to this in our direct experience. Sure some people report memories of past lifes but again consciousness is so infinite it makes you believe whatever you are thinking or any image that is appering infront of your „eyes“. 

some say the idea of reincarnation is just here to make you realize that there was never anything reincarnating or to reincarnate. But still alot of folks are really convinced about this reincarnation why is that?

I'll add we can pick up thoughts from our environment, so the evidence of kids "remembering" past life stuff isn't immediately convincing to me. Who says adults don't transfer some unconscious stories to the kids? 

Your "evidence" is realizing the nature of reality 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Reincarnation is every moment if you identify as the ego. If you identify as what the ego appears in, you leave the cycle of death and rebirth... The cycle continues here so your human self character continues dying and being reborn, but you recognize that is not you.

Dogmatism, and conformity.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

only through attachments the illusion that some'thing' is reincarnating comes about, when you are in the space of pure infinity there is nothing arising or passing away so neither something was born or will ever die - and what are you? an expression of infinity, your essence or drop or spirit or soul or whatever the fuck -

unless you can experience that truly there is no center to you then you are attached, unable to percieve what is right in front of you, unable to truly understand this and your intellect will try endlessly to come up to a conclusion because it all seems so far fetched because of the current framework of reality you are in :D

dissolve the frame and see there is no center, no time, everything is spontaneously emerging for absolutely no reason from nothing 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

My direct awakening experiences around reincarnation came from a few years ago after getting very sick, and while exploring memento mori, they have given me personally tailored truths, that reincarnation is the name of the game.

If you have not experienced proof of this, don't worry about it - each person's path is unique and we are each given different pieces of the puzzle.  The less you conceptualize it and the more you actually face your fears around death, if you have any, you'll be more likely to have a direct awakening into reincarnation.

The process is called memento mori, and by learning about different cultures, by practicing dying before you die, what can happen is that you can get a download aka awakening into the nature of reincarnation.  You are really just "here" and always were, but the outside layer changes.

This is what goes on after death:

Break me in don't break me down
Swimming in these empty towns
I wonder if it's all so master planned
Diving into sweeter bliss
Falling fair before we miss
Taste the taste before it's gone and you're too late

Won't change what I am
To find who you are
Can't stay in these lines
When I'm bursting at the seams
My body might collapse
If I carry one more dream
I could be anything
I could be anything

Breaking out beyond the night
Reeling in the quieter times
Saving all the flavors of my mind
Reflecting on the lessons learned
The broken bonds and bridges burned
Take the taste of hate and throw it away

Won't change what I am
To find who you are
Can't stay in these lines
When I'm bursting at the seams
My body might collapse
I could be anything
I could be anything

Some sources on reincarnation: Jane Robert's Seth Speaks books and Sri Aurobindo's book "The Psychic Being" along with the Tibetan Book of the Dead.  Check out NDE's as well, and listen to people who are going through the dying process.  Get very comfortable with it.  Start a journal.  Live, breath and feel it = what is inevitable, the body will pass on... go through every emotion that comes up with bravery - nature respects and rewards bravery - and offer gratitude and Love.  Love combined with surrender can wake a person up if they practice this.  You have to go on your own path to find the truth of reincarnation and not what me or anybody tells you.  Awakening experiences happen when a person is ready usually, when they have inquired into something with an honesty and a curiosity.  The answers to whether reincarnation exists rests within this research, spiritual practice, honesty, open heartedness and bravery.

Some questions to get a person started:

• Am I afraid of death?  If so why?  What do I think will happen?  

And then go from there.  There's a whole rabbit hole when it comes to exploring this kind of stuff, most people that genuinely have insight into reincarnation got there through going through some form of a death, be it an NDE or a spiritual death, an ego death, even when someone close dies, they can experience loved ones giving them messages about the other side.

Kvx6m5h.jpg

It's the next-most reassuring thing after the idea of an eternal heaven-like state. Most "spiritual but not religious" people aren't naïve enough to believe in heaven, but they can't cope with the idea of non-existence after death either. So reincarnation is the most convenient option.  

@Loba yes <3 the only thing you can trust, your own direct experience - nothing else exists and is a construct of thoughts from your direct experience but not your direct experience, so it's your experience of reality vs a made up story in your head BUT U KNOW when you experience it, let me ask you, do you feel a lust to transform your life through action for others or do you think everything is inherently pointless so fuck it all and enjoy the ride?

@Yarco btw this is opinion of others making up a story, is you making up a story - look for answers yourself!

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

5 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

@Yarco btw this is opinion of others making up a story, is you making up a story - look for answers yourself!

5 minutes ago, Benton said:

Have you died yet? Have you tried techniques towards experiencing past lives?  Or even heaven?  Things are a lot more relative than you presume. 
In an infinite mind who’s to say what is, and isn’t possible? Literally you.

But also if you aren’t conscious of it, it doesn’t exist.

These reactions prove just how dogmatic you guys are about this LOL. You can Nahm-talk your way into believing or not believing anything.

7 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

yes <3 the only thing you can trust, your own direct experience - nothing else exists and is a construct of thoughts from your direct experience but not your direct experience, so it's your experience of reality vs a made up story in your head BUT U KNOW when you experience it, let me ask you, do you feel a lust to transform your life through action for others or do you think everything is inherently pointless so fuck it all and enjoy the ride?

Exactly, you can talk about it and think about it, but the direct experience of it is the best option for most people because destiny/God has a unique path for each person and so talking about it, or trying to transfer what you know to someone else doesn't work I have learned unless you remind them of 'how' to look for it themselves, and then give some resources, then it is up to the person to do the work and find out via direct experience.

My download/version of what happens might end up being completely different to the puzzle pieces someone else might be given and that's what is so beautiful about it - we each have a story inside of ourselves to unravel.  I've found that accepting mortality of the body has grounded me a lot in authentic spiritual experience; because it is a genuine 'stop'.  Like a koan, we don't know, we can only sit with it for a while until death reveals itself as the ever faithful, always watching friend it always was.

I don't think everything is pointless, and yet I do, I think "fuck it all and enjoy the ride", but also I have a strong desire to help other people through positive action.  It's kind of a mixture of both.  You have to eventually say "fuck it all" and then you will find yourself on a literal ride!  But that ride, from my perspective, is made of actions and intentions that survive beyond just the person; you can almost feel the intention move through people; generations, like ghosts or spirits all of their own.  And so, to create a good chain of events, I try to transform my life by being better, with other people in mind.  I haven't always been this way, I used to think everything mattered and did not care about people, but as I am getting older, I find less matters and I care more.  When I did not care from an unloving place, this was due to ignorance, and then the more I began to learn about the world, and humanity, the more I wanted us all to do well as a species, a collective, because we are amazing and we can do amazing things and there should be more opportunity for that for everyone who wishes to use their creativity to positively impact the world.

What are your opinions/experiences/ect?

@Yarco Dogmatic how?  I view it more as just having fun sharing experiences and stories, you can learn a lot from other people, I've had awakenings just from reading random posts on here before, just how the person would word it clicked and my ego would let down and then through that direct channel - called 'hollow bone state', generally that's when I'd learn something new.

@Benton Thanks Benton, you too.  We need more people who have had some of the more "out there" experiences, not enough clairs on here! :D 

If you listen to some people's experiences, it's hard to believe that it isn't a thing.

20:58 Jan Esmann talks about his moment of self-realization and discovering his past lives.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Loba Yeah that's such a beautiful thing how truly equal we all are, it's very hard to truly feel the equality when we have been brought up to either spit on people or worship people... shadow work man :D that was really nice to read and reminded me always and everyone has a desire for goodness sometimes in fucked up ways but it's just there, you can always see the glimmer of soul no matter how attached you get, even in the old people wanting to fucking die already, it's still there if you get close enough to them. I was asking because sometimes I see people who get involved with spirituality who become very reclusive or inactive from maybe there understanding of nothingness and all that shit, and I just don't get it, i'm trying to understand it

@catcat69123 Hmmmn, you know I went through a period of feeling reclusive and I needed that to do my work, but once I was done with that portion it was too difficult to be alone all the time and now I am starting to be more social and active.

I think it must go in a pattern, where sometimes the person probably needs to take a year or two and get away from people, just to learn about themselves and to see where they are at as far as life development goes as well as discovering who they are - but it probably goes full circle where these people come back to the community.

Here's what I found in hermit-mode; one needs a solid foundation to grow and there is no way around that.  So, even though my experiences have components of advancement, there isn't anything I can do with it unless I work towards something positive, and since I have some deficits in some areas, I can set aside gruelingly searching for where that beautiful illuminated glow came from, or I can let it go for a few years and just focus on practical stuff and then the emergency that brought about the awakening will never happen again because I'll be prepared.

I don't know what to think of people who maintain hermit-mode forever or who become very inactive - as my awakenings gave me a more unified perspective of other human beings and a love for them and for community as well as a sense of purpose - which motivates the action.

What about you?  Did you have a few friends/acquaintances who dropped off the earth after discovering spirituality?

No past for prior incarnations, no future for incarnations to come, and most importantly, no present moment that does not move faster than any thought process or recognition of a currently existing incarnation. 

Reincarnation is a fun myth. It’s potentially got some relative truth to it but nothing more. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

8 hours ago, Yarco said:

These reactions prove just how dogmatic you guys are about this LOL.

I don't think it's necessarily dogmatism in this case. I mean, at least they claim to have experience. But what are they, I mean people with experience? Like 1% of the new-age hippie culture.

I guess I can have a conversation with people who claim experience. Maybe I can learn something, and maybe they can too. But I definitely don't think their reports are final. Because there's experience, and then there's interpretation, but most people confuse the two.

8 hours ago, Yarco said:

You can Nahm-talk your way into believing or not believing anything.

Nahm-talk xD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

you never incarnated you only imagined you did:D

(evidence comes with a direct awareness from massive spiritual practice)

On 05/03/2022 at 1:57 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

No past for prior incarnations, no future for incarnations to come, and most importantly, no present moment that does not move faster than any thought process or recognition of a currently existing incarnation. 

Reincarnation is a fun myth. It’s potentially got some relative truth to it but nothing more. 

These sorts of things are the end game topics that sages debate. I wonder if there is any way of definitively knowing?

We have all experienced the eternal Now. And yet, is there anything in direct experience that could prove a discernment between all events occuring simultaneously, vs. each "Now" event being created on the fly.

Hm......