Bufo Alvarius

I asked Bashar directly about solipsism - here is what he said

31 posts in this topic

I attended Bashar's online satsang and got the chance to ask him in a written question about his stance on solipsism and recorded an audio of the answer he gave.

There was no possibility to get involved in a direct back and forth conversation, so including any further objections was unfortunately not possible.  I tried my best to pack the most juice into the question I wrote.

Here's a link to the audio (~ 3 min). Recorded a bit too late, so the question got cutt-off a bit:

http://sndup.net/spkb

Here's the written version of the Q&A:

Question: "Hi Bashar, from an absolute standpoint, is my conscious experience absolutely all there is without anything being outside of it? Or do others have their own conscious experience, outside my consciousness? Does Oneness not invalidate any seperation, like something being outside my consciousness?"

Bashar: "It depends on the level that you are looking from. In other words, you can have an experience of seperation, which is what you have in physical reality. That doesn't mean you actually are literally seperated. 

Again, the paradox is that you are using your connection to create an experience of seperation. You couldn't have an experience of individual seperation, if you actually weren't connected to All That Is. 

So in that ultimate sense, from that perspective, no there is no outside. But from the experience of individuation, from the experience of creating the illusion of seperation, then yes, you can have an outside and there are many beings you may be unaware of, that are having their own experiences. 

Your experiential reality only contains your versions of other beings. They exist in their own right, in a sense outside of you. And there may be millions of them, that you do not experience, because there is no reason for you to create a version of those beings in your reality experience. 
At the same time, this is all happening within the All That Is, that has no outside. But you have to understand that you cannot necessarily mix your language that way, you can't mix your definitions that way in a coherent sense, you have to understand what level that you're talking from. 

When you say "Is there really an outside, if everything is one, there shouldn't be an outside?", well yes, on that level that's true.  But you're talking from the experience of having created the illusion of seperation, which creates the illusion of an outside and many beings, that you might not be aware of outside of yourself. 

52 minutes ago, Bufo Alvarius said:

I attended Bashar's online satsang and got the chance to ask him in a written question about his stance on solipsism and recorded an audio of the answer he gave.

There was no possibility to get involved in a direct back and forth conversation, so including any further objections was unfortunately not possible.  I tried my best to pack the most juice into the question I wrote.

Here's a link to the audio (~ 3 min). Recorded a bit too late, so the question got cutt-off a bit:

http://sndup.net/spkb

Here's the written version of the Q&A:

Question: "Hi Bashar, from an absolute standpoint, is my conscious experience absolutely all there is without anything being outside of it? Or do others have their own conscious experience, outside my consciousness? Does Oneness not invalidate any seperation, like something being outside my consciousness?"

Bashar: "It depends on the level that you are looking from. In other words, you can have an experience of seperation, which is what you have in physical reality. That doesn't mean you actually are literally seperated. 

This is what we teach here.  Separation is imagined.   So are you guys happy now? We  don't have to call it Solipsism if you don't feel comfortable with that term.

What he means is what you imagine becomes reality.   If you imagine others are conscious this becomes your reality because this is a dream and when you are dreaming the dream becomes reality. Physicsl reality becomes real 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is what we teach here.  Separation is imagined.   So are you guys happy now? We  don't have to call it Solipsism if you don't feel comfortable with that term.

What he means is what you imagine becomes reality.   If you imagine others are conscious this becomes your reality because this is a dream and when you are dreaming the dream becomes reality. Physicsl reality becomes real 

Bashar literally says there are many beings that are having their own experience. This is not solipsism and not what Leo is talking about.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

6 minutes ago, vizual said:

Bashar literally says there are many beings that are having their own experience. This is not solipsism and not what Leo is talking about.

Your wrong.  He states that it is imaginary. Physical reality is imaginary 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

17 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ohhh so does that mean Leo is NOT saying that other minds do NOT exist but that I (as God) am imagining/creating them and therefore they can exist but only if I choose to imagination/create them? 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

15 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Ohhh so does that mean Leo is NOT saying that other minds do NOT exist but that I (as God) am imagining/creating them and therefore they can exist but only if I choose to imagination/create them? 

You are God.  You create other minds by imagination.   Imagination is an innate  feature of infinity 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Bufo Alvarius Hahaha, you are funny and I really like that you ask other teachers about this. I agree with Bashar's answer, it is perfect! Who will you ask next?

33 minutes ago, vizual said:

Exactly. None of the moderators on this forum share Leo's belief. Nothing wrong with that, but it's funny that they don't seem to understand that their beliefs differ yet :)

Edited by Seraphim

By the way I just want to point out that Bashar is imaginary and created by your mind.  Your Mind can self deceive itself at times..one of the biggest self deceptions is imaging other minds like Bashar that have their own opinions and then you place your authority in them.  This is the way for the ego to keep you asleep.   The biggest one in this scenario because you are all Leo fans is Leo himself,  so bare careful of this. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

@Bufo Alvarius Hahaha, you are funny and I really like that you ask other teachers about this. I agree with Bashar's answer, it is perfect! Who will you ask next?

Exactly. None of the moderators on this forum share Leo's belief. Nothing wrong with that, but it's funny that they don't seem to understand that their beliefs differ yet :)

Where does Bashar state this explicitly?  That there are actually other minds? Newsflash - he doesn't. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Where does Bashar state this explicitly?  That there are actually other minds? Newsflash - he doesn't. 

"there are many beings you may be unaware of, that are having their own experiences."

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

By the way I just want to point out that Bashar is imaginary and created by your mind.  Your Mind can self deceive itself at times..one of the biggest self deceptions is imaging other minds like Bashar that have their own opinions and then you place your authority in them.  This is the way for the ego to keep you asleep.   The biggest one in this scenario because you are all Leo fans is Leo himself,  so bare careful of this. 

I agree completely. I will become a fan of Leo when he gets the same level of happiness as Ramana maharshi :)

6 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

"there are many beings you may be unaware of, that are having their own experiences."

This is going to rock Bashar fans everywhere  but he was not awake if he felt there were other beings having their own experiences.  Those are imaginary and held within your mind. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Regardless of his take on Solipsism, can we all once again appreciate his level of channelling ability?

Another correct take explained in a clear and obvious manner.

Where is the following woman's "I"? Is it in the head of the image of her in the mirror? Is it in the head of her standing in front of the mirror? Of course not, it is here behind you. You are the one having the experience in the precise exact way you were the one who experienced yesterday.

An entirely different message to saying "lol bro she like, is an NPC tee hee". Which when the teaching method is poor quality is what lunatics of course roll with.

istockphoto-1130155634-1024x1024.jpg

I think Bashar is awake and that there are other beings having their own experience...

18 minutes ago, Loba said:

I think Bashar is awake and that there are other beings having their own experience...

Does a dream appear real until you wake up?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I come back to the same dream nearly each night, and I hardly remember the dream - and I do the same thing I do here, which is try to wake up - when I wake up in my dream I remember my life here - and it is illuminated with the kind of consciousness an awakening experience is.  I don't understand it, but it has a self aware quality to it.

I feel that my dreams are just the other side of reality, and that I am trying to wake up from both sides.
I think that dream characters are just different souls in the astral planes.

Edited by Loba

@Bufo Alvarius Love your posts man!  Keep them up!  I totally love this.  This Solipsism question totally tells you who is full of shit and who is woke.  Do Jed McKenna next or do Eckhart Tolle or whoever you can find.  Keep it up man. <3 :D 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

For some reason, to me this this is way easier and way more approachable -both the way you described it and bashar’s- than the all the ways leo has been trying to say it.

It feels like this is what Leo is intending to say but he’s getting entangled in language/wording/delivery and the unique way his brain works -he has shared before that he’s an INTP, and his way of understanding things is very conceptual.

* I have in sometimes found it harder to understand what Leo says, but when looking up other sources the whole image kind of comes together and then I understand what he is saying:D

Thats where my problem is : Leo’s way of talking about it, not what it is.

Edited by Happy Lizard

5 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

For some reason, to me this this is way easier and way more approachable -both the way you described it and bashar’s- than the all the ways leo has been trying to say it.

It feels like this is what Leo is intending to say but he’s getting entangled in language/wording/delivery and the unique way his brain works -he has shared before that he’s an INTP, and his way of understanding things is very conceptual.

* I have in sometimes found it harder to understand what Leo says, but when looking up other sources the whole image kind of comes together and then I understand what he is saying:D

Thats where my problem is : Leo’s way of talking about it, not what it is.

He's a brilliant mind and yet here he stumbles.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

It feels like this is what Leo is saying but he’s getting entangled in language/wording/delivery and the unique way his brain works -he has shared before that he’s an INTP, and his way of understanding things is very conceptual.

Thats where my problem is : Leo’s way of talking about it not what it is.

Of course.  The fairy tale of Truth (which is a falsehood) is easier to understand, conceive, and believe than the Truth.  We are all in Plato's cave and Leo is trying to tell us through analogy, concept, and metaphor how to unshackle ourselves and experience The-World-Beyond-The-Cave.  No guru, teaching, or concept can get you out of the cave.  All concepts about The-World-Beyond-The-Cave such as the river, water, and truth are all stories that are passed down from caveman to caveman.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?