Bufo Alvarius

I asked Rupert Spira directly about solipsism - here is what he said

201 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

The error people are making lies in conflating the ‘POV’ of the body-mind with Universal Consciousness. 

It’s all about about waking up to a living, timeless, universal reality.

You are not awake.

Do not even try to pretend otherwise with me.

There are no fucking bubbles or POV. Your experience is absolutely all there is.

If you were awake you would know that. Instead you are dreaming of spiritual bullshit. There is no "Universal Consciousness". There's just you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Setzer901 said:

@GreenWoods Which is it though, all bubbles exist at once/in timelessness or God will shapeshift into every form at some point? 

The latter makes no sense – time is again being brought into the picture. 

From the absolute perspective both don't make sense, because only this moment exists.

From the relative perspective, it makes probably most sense to say that everything happens at once. That's also what OBE masters, occultists and channelled entities tend to say. 

But when you are in the absolute perspective, and try to come up with a relative perspective, saying that one bubble happens after the other, is closer to direct experience. Because it is seen that God is shapeshifting all the time, so this idea seems reasonable.

But practically speaking, I think "all at once" is more true.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not awake.

Do not even try to pretend otherwise with me.

There are no fucking bubbles or POV. Your experience is absolutely all there is.

If you were awake you would know that. Instead you are dreaming of spiritual bullshit. There is no "Universal Consciousness". There's just you.

I always admire how direct Leo is. 

I aspire to be more direct in my own life.

Rupert Spira, Eckhart Tolle, and these other gurus now seem like a facade to me. It is all a mind game. They are just bullshitting themselves and “others.” 

It just amazes me how deep the ego goes in convincing people they have awoken when they really fell more deeply asleep.

Edit: Of course, I am imagining these false gurus and their “awakenings” and their self-deceit and facades to keep myself asleep. ;) 

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

7 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

@Leo Gura If there are no relative bubbles, why don't you have access to what I'm experiencing right now ?

There's only you.  Leo is just an idea in your Mind.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

If there are no relative bubbles, why don't you have access to what I'm experiencing right now ?

Because Leo doesn't exist and you only imagine he does. Your experience is all there is. If you have wanted for there to be the "Leo experience" you would have to cease to be who you are and become Leo.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There's only you.  Leo is just an idea in your Mind.

@Inliytened1  @Girzo   Yes, in the Absolute sense, but why can't there be bubbles in the relative sense ?

My imagination of 8 billion people is not the same as your imagination of 8 billion people.

@Wilhelm44 Because "relative" is an illusion, it doesn't exist, only the Absolute does. That's why there are no bubbles, you are the only bubble.

Bubbles are a cool way of conceptualizing this experience of there being other people and interacting with themselves, understanding your life, etc. But that is not Truth. The bubbles are in fact parts of Your imagination bouncing around Your Mind. The truth is only your bubble is real, only it has "substance".

There's no person having their own experience equal in validity to your experience inside any of those bubbles.

1 minute ago, Girzo said:

@Wilhelm44 Because "relative" is an illusion, it doesn't exist, only the Absolute does. That's why there are no bubbles, you are the only bubble.

Bubbles are a cool way of conceptualizing this experience of there being other people and interacting with themselves, understanding your life, etc. But that is not Truth. The bubbles are in fact parts of Your imagination bouncing around Your Mind. The truth is only your bubble is real, only it has "substance".

There's no person having their own experience equal in validity to your experience inside any of those bubbles.

So from my point of view only my experience is valid. And from your point of view only your experience is valid ?

@Wilhelm44 Yes.

And only one point of view exists right now, but other imagined POVs in your POV act as if all other POVs exist too, but they don't. It's something you are creating and at the same time, you are creating a human self that doesn't understand how it is creating all this because it doesn't, it's your godly Self that creates it. Other selves, and your human self too, don't have experience. Only the God-self has the experience, sees, hears, smells, etc.

4 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

So from my point of view only my experience is valid. And from your point of view only your experience is valid ?

From "your" "POV", your experience is the only thing that exists. Even if you assume or conclude somehow that there is something outside your "POV", the assumption or conclusion is still only occurring in "your" POV. You see, what ever being you perceived in your life, you probably imposed on it the conceptual assumption that this being is aware, or is sentient, that it has a "POV" of its own. Unfortunately, it is impossible to resolve on an intellectual level whether or not the beings in your experience are sentient or not. The same goes for anything else that you assume to exist outside your mind, which serves as a conceptual framework for your life. Even if we inspect the seemingly obvious assumption that there is a reality or existence that is independent of our individual mind, we will find that this too only an assumption that appears in our mind. There is just no way to verify or proof whether or not anything exists outside our perceptions, because what ever verification or proof we get, it will be in our mind. 

The only way to resolve this, is to become conscious of your absolute nature, which is YOU, and not the appearance of a body-mind that is usually identified in our culture as "you". What should be considered is that the absolute existence of the body-mind appearance (or any other experience) is of completely different nature than what it is perceived to be. Becoming conscious that YOU are the nature of the human experience, put it in a different perspective and resolves all this solipsistic intellectual inquiries.

33 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Wilhelm44 Yes.

And only one point of view exists right now, but other imagined POVs in your POV act as if all other POVs exist too, but they don't. It's something you are creating and at the same time, you are creating a human self that doesn't understand how it is creating all this because it doesn't, it's your godly Self that creates it. Other selves, and your human self too, don't have experience. Only the God-self has the experience, sees, hears, smells, etc.

So if one wakes up to this one point of view, is that beyond experience itself ?

10 minutes ago, Batman said:

From "your" "POV", your experience is the only thing that exists. Even if you assume or conclude somehow that there is something outside your "POV", the assumption or conclusion is still only occurring in "your" POV. You see, what ever being you perceived in your life, you probably imposed on it the conceptual assumption that this being is aware, or is sentient, that it has a "POV" of its own. Unfortunately, it is impossible to resolve on an intellectual level whether or not the beings in your experience are sentient or not. The same goes for anything else that you assume to exist outside your mind, which serves as a conceptual framework for your life. Even if we inspect the seemingly obvious assumption that there is a reality or existence that is independent of our individual mind, we will find that this too only an assumption that appears in our mind. There is just no way to verify or proof whether or not anything exists outside our perceptions, because what ever verification or proof we get, it will be in our mind. 

The only way to resolve this, is to become conscious of your absolute nature, which is YOU, and not the appearance of a body-mind that is usually identified in our culture as "you". What should be considered is that the absolute existence of the body-mind appearance (or any other experience) is of completely different nature than what it is perceived to be. Becoming conscious that YOU are the nature of the human experience, put it in a different perspective and resolves all this solipsistic intellectual inquiries.

Thank you

28 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

So if one wakes up to this one point of view, is that beyond experience itself ?

No.

It is still experience. Still the same point of view. You don't wake up to it, you are already it, you are already experiencing God.

You only wake up to the bullshit you have been telling yourself as God.

56 minutes ago, Girzo said:

No.

It is still experience. Still the same point of view. You don't wake up to it, you are already it, you are already experiencing God.

You only wake up to the bullshit you have been telling yourself as God.

Thanks

On 2/25/2022 at 2:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

He isn't conscious enough to be aware of how he constructed other minds.

Self-inquiry will not give you sufficient consciousness for that.

What exactly do you mean by more or less consciousness? Can you give some example that a normal person can understand? You mention this a lot in your videos (more/less conscious) but now that I think I know what consciousness is, I don't understand what more/less of it means. From my understanding, I exist and my nature is to be conscious. Consciousness is like knowing. So whatever comes into my field of perception, I become conscious of it. What does more of it mean? Do you mean more/less clarity of the knowing?

Edited by Seeker_of_truth

@Seeker_of_truth

12 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

What exactly do you mean by more or less consciousness? Can you give some example that a normal person can understand? You mention this a lot in your videos (more/less conscious) but now that I think I know what consciousness is, I don't understand what more/less of it means. From my understanding, I exist and my nature is to be conscious. Consciousness is like knowing. So whatever comes into my field of perception, I become conscious of it. What does more of it mean? Do you mean more/less clarity of the knowing?

I don't know what Leo means, but I agree with you.  Since Consciousness is infinite, absolute, and unchanging, it cannot be "more" or "less."

@Seeker_of_truth More consciousness means that Consciousness is more conscious of Itself.

When God is in a low state of Consciousness, God believes to be a human, and this appears unquestionable. 

In a slightly higher state of consciousness, God/Consciousness realizes that It is Consciousness.

In a radically higher state of Consciousness, God realizes that It is One, Singular, Love and Infinity.

Depending on your state of consciousness, it will apppear obvious, what reality is and how it works. Based on that, you can judge how high your state of consciousness is.