WokeBloke

Question for people who think reality is a dream

21 posts in this topic

This statement is very confusing to me and makes me think I must be misinterpreting what you are trying to convey. I start thinking the whole world is tricking me or all the people I see are fake people.

Can you please define what you mean by dream. In addition given you definition of dream how does our reality equate to a dream?

When I think of a dream I think of the experiences that occur when I am asleep and have no contact with the world. I suppose these dreams I have are entirely fabricated by my mind and have no basis in reality. Then I awaken to the same changing world I have awoken to for the last 20 years with the same changing people and I suppose that I am perceiving a real world with real people and that my body is just one part of an immense universe. I suppose that just as the other people are part of my experience my body is also part of their experience. Now I also acknowledge that I don't have proof that they are real but I also don't have proof that they aren't. 

Edited by WokeBloke

You the self has no control over this, nor does it have access to everything. Leo is presently teaching in a WEIRD and confusing manner, but you see how he says in the newest video that "reality is just unfolding and he's riding the wave"...

Well that is it, the sense of control is false. Reality is just unfolding. That is something he is acknowledging, yet teaching what to me feels like a desire-based idea. As opposed to the chaotic and unstoppable force of pure spontaneous creation... You literally cannot STOP creating. Try it. Even as a "self". See the moment you stop creating (random thoughts, images, sounds) you cease to be conscious. That is how it looks from the outside. First person, you never experience a break in this non-stop manic creation.

When people talk about dropping concepts etc, really it's just this fancy bizarre "guru" way of explaining the obvious fact that describing what seeing red looks like will never be the experience of seeing red. You don't experience riding a rollercoaster by hearing about it. It's nothing more confusing or mystical than that... The "mystical experience" is a state one enters, and words to describe that state, just like ANYTHING ELSE like describing riding a coaster, is not going to be the state itself.

Edited by RMQualtrough

17 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I start thinking the whole world is tricking me or all the people I see are fake people.

You're probably closer than you think

Be aware that even under the normie science paradigm, there is more than just dreaming or awake. You can lucid dream, literally becoming awake within the dream and conscious of the fact that you are dreaming.

10 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

You the self has no control over this, nor does it have access to everything. Leo is presently teaching in a WEIRD and confusing manner, but you see how he says in the newest video that "reality is just unfolding and he's riding the wave"...

Well that is it, the sense of control is false. Reality is just unfolding. That is something he is acknowledging, yet teaching what to me feels like a desire-based idea. As opposed to the chaotic and unstoppable force of pure spontaneous creation... You literally cannot STOP creating. Try it. Even as a "self". See the moment you stop creating (random thoughts, images, sounds) you cease to be conscious. That is how it looks from the outside. First person, you never experience a break in this non-stop manic creation.

When people talk about dropping concepts etc, really it's just this fancy bizarre "guru" way of explaining the obvious fact that describing what seeing red looks like will never be the experience of seeing red. You don't experience riding a rollercoaster by hearing about it. It's nothing more confusing or mystical than that... The "mystical experience" is a state one enters, and words to describe that state, just like ANYTHING ELSE like describing riding a coaster, is not going to be the state itself.

You are in control of your body and your mind to a certain degree. I agree the rest of the world is unfolding without my effort. What does this have to do with this being a dream though?

8 minutes ago, Yarco said:

You're probably closer than you think

Be aware that even under the normie science paradigm, there is more than just dreaming or awake. You can lucid dream, literally becoming awake within the dream and conscious of the fact that you are dreaming.

So do you consider this to be a dream? In truth no one has ever awoken from this so-called dream because if they did it would be over but it's still going. 

@WokeBloke The use of the word dream causes confusion for some people. The word dream makes people think of something intangible, ethereal and not real. Gods dream is reality. 

@WokeBloke Just that the objection to it being a dream usually revolves around ideas of control, limitation, etc. You aren't really controlling your mind or body. If really inspected, your own thoughts, desires, and actions are also just unfolding. You don't choose a thought before you think it. It's just the same chaotic neverending creation process.

The only discernible difference between a dream and reality is that.

Otherwise, assumptions about "thing-ness" (i.e. some sort of material "substance") existing without perception are demonstrably false and impossible. There's even a qualified neuroscientist on YouTube (Dr. James Cooke) who uses 5-MeO-DMT and such, and does mention the same. It's not just mysticism but a clear and obvious fact... If you start with the obvious that in a world where every creature is blind, the phenomenalogical quality of "red" just does not exist. The visual phenomena of shape etc. does not exist.

ALL forms are perception.

You might think of the "noumenal" world, like Plato's cave. But you would not say that world made of - for example mathematics - is made of little "math-atoms". Math is not a tangible "thing". The real world is exactly "like" what you would perceive if blind and deaf etc. Because being "like" something is reliant on perception. The way things REALLY look outside of perception is like nothing. It sounds like nothing. Tastes like nothing. Etc... No substance.

Or think of high school biology. How does sight work? Photons enter your eyes, your brain converts it to an image, and you see the image. You only ever interact and experience the hallucinations of your own brain. Which is exactly what a dream is...

Edited by RMQualtrough

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

In truth no one has ever awoken from this so-called dream because if they did it would be over but it's still going.

Only you can awaken. 

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I also acknowledge that I don't have proof that they are real but I also don't have proof that they aren't.

There you go.

Now, the moment you go ahead and apply that principle of "I acknowledge that I don't know that XYZ is true but I also don't know that it isn't" to literally everything that can be said about so-called reality and fully let that realization hit you, you will have found the non-answer to all of your silly, relentless & desperate questions

TA-DAAA!, as some bald guy on Youtube likes to say. ;)

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Only you can awaken. 

so you are fake? I can't awaken from a non-dream.

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

so you are fake? I can't awaken from a non-dream.

@WokeBloke Yes you can. Just as you can become lucid in your dreams when you sleep, you can become lucid in your waking dream you call real life. 

Edited by Matthew85

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

@WokeBloke Yes you can. Just as you can become lucid in your dreams when you sleep, you can become lucid in your waking dream you call real life. 

but how is it a dream if the other people are real? If you think I'm a dream you are delusional. I can't prove it to you but it is so.

Edited by WokeBloke

stop your mind . stop thinking completely for 5 minutes. you can't, but if you could, you would see that reality is bottomless stillness. In that bottomless stillness there are no others, no planet, no colors, no universe, no nothing. but you are. not the you full of memories, but what you are. Now plug your mind back in. the colors, the sounds, the different things, come back. You see that they are like a dream that you are imagining. Without that activity, anything is equal to anything else. They are nothing because there is no differentiation. it is you who makes the differentiation, and thus you create reality

That statement is pointing more towards how the experience of being a separate individual creates a self centered dream like or illusion like reality where everything becomes blanketed with meaning, purpose and value and always has something to do with the "ME".

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You just started imagining shit. And then you believed it. It is as simple as that

1 minute ago, Dazgwny said:

You just started imagining shit. And then you believed it. It is as simple as that

Yes but he shouldn't take that as a belief.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

19 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

This statement is very confusing to me and makes me think I must be misinterpreting what you are trying to convey. I start thinking the whole world is tricking me or all the people I see are fake people.

Solipsism is a belief, the activity of thought. Rather than project the discord, let the discordant belief go and feel the alignment in doing so. 

Can you please define what you mean by dream. In addition given you definition of dream how does our reality equate to a dream?

If reality is a dream, so are definitions. 

When I think of a dream I think of the experiences that occur when I am asleep and have no contact with the world. I suppose these dreams I have are entirely fabricated by my mind and have no basis in reality. Then I awaken to the same changing world I have awoken to for the last 20 years with the same changing people and I suppose that I am perceiving a real world with real people and that my body is just one part of an immense universe. I suppose that just as the other people are part of my experience my body is also part of their experience. Now I also acknowledge that I don't have proof that they are real but I also don't have proof that they aren't. 

Openmindedly consider you are asleep and have no contact with a world. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The term dream can cause a ton of confusion.  At it’s core, reality is constructed  .. from scratch. This is the magnificence of God (yourself).