Illusory Self

How to let go?

17 posts in this topic

I am in the process of listening to 'letting go' by David R Hawkins. I am finding it interesting & do seem to resonate with it quite a bit. I feel like I do have repressed emotions that I need to let go of but that way he seems to explain it just 'letting go' of the emotions, he makes it sound so easy. I am not sure if I am missing anything but is there a specific meditation to this. How does one actually let go? It feels quite hard if one is in a different state of consciousness. I am aware of certain emotions but honestly I am not sure how to release them or let them go. I large part of my emotional state is a state of apathy/depression/unworthiness/tiredness

I sometimes get moments of excitement/courage/energy ect but it does not last long before I fall back into the low emotional states

to know the trauma you suffered never touched you in any way shape or form is the practice of meditation

it isn't technique it is sitting still and thereby killing off that which claimed to have undergone suffering

@Illusory Self letting go is a consequence of surrendering to the what is - what presents itself, whatever you feel just is and it's not something you do.

it's like the struggle in not struggling with things and that's the whole effort, a radical way of allowing everything as it is, not wanting to avert from negativity from avoidance or craving to be in some other state of being but yeah there's a lot of confusion in it in the sense you may ask well what the fuck am I to do now? 

you cannot let go of those states of consciousness  as this is wanting to get rid of things and is not letting go- apathy, depression, loneliness, unworthiness because they are merely consequences of things you actually have to let go of which are being held together by belief systems  -those are buried within and it's up to you to learn the methods and take the effort to confront them.

as in for example: you feel unworthy of a partner and rationalized it in your past as 'i am' unworthy - through identifying with that feeling you basically encapuslate yourself inside of that reality because you really believe you are unworthy so you don't see the point in taking action for your desires to fulfill your needs which leads to apathy, loneliness, depression etc

so the question is how do you confront this belief system? well, being able to observe this all emotional shit happening inside of your body, being accepting and allowing of it/non judgmental and simply understanding - whilse pursuing your desires to have a partner will lead to your personality structure transforming and you actually feeling different and nothing else you can do besides facing these fears will bypass the feeling of being stuck here. 

so letting go is really once you surrender yourself to your own inner turmoil without wanting to change it as it arises and not getting identified with them, you can allow them to dissolve. with very complex traumas that usually come from childhood it's more complicated and requires a helping hand and guidance imo

also in that book, he really gives a beautiful explanation of the pleasure we get out of not letting go which is very very important to see within yourself, as in you get a kind of enjoyment of being a victim or whatever, and how we bullshit ourselves quite a bit and so on, great book

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

This is how it goes:in subconcious there are trapped emotions that you supressed because they were unwanted or too much for you to handle, so every time they come up its because you get triggered ,when you get triggered you have to set the intention to identify(shifting focus on) the specific emotion you want to let go(step 1) then you have to stay there and experience it fully(step 2) now dont try to control the process of letting go just with focus and staying on the emotion everything else will be resistence to it and thats why they are trapped in the first place...no control no how do i do it just fully experience it and if you do it "right" emotions will start to shape into something i would call "liquid" emotion they will be experienced for what it is then suddenly they will go by itself and you will feel the relief after that...its actually super easy but ego stepping in and labeling emotion as bad or trying to control the procress is resistence that makes emotion trapped back in subconius... identify shift focus and experience it fully staying on the emotion not the ego/thoughts

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

5 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

I am in the process of listening to 'letting go' by David R Hawkins. I am finding it interesting & do seem to resonate with it quite a bit. I feel like I do have repressed emotions that I need to let go of but that way he seems to explain it just 'letting go' of the emotions, he makes it sound so easy. I am not sure if I am missing anything but is there a specific meditation to this. How does one actually let go? It feels quite hard if one is in a different state of consciousness. I am aware of certain emotions but honestly I am not sure how to release them or let them go. I large part of my emotional state is a state of apathy/depression/unworthiness/tiredness

I sometimes get moments of excitement/courage/energy ect but it does not last long before I fall back into the low emotional states

What fight club. Only when you loose everything you can let go. Than you are free.

5 hours ago, gettoefl said:

to know the trauma you suffered never touched you in any way shape or form

What do you mean by this, exactly.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Most of the suffering from trauma is not from the trauma itself but from the belief that it should not have happened. that you have been treated unfairly by ... life? things must have been one way and they scammed you, they went another way. this disappears when you become aware of the perfection of what is. nothing that can be arrived at with logic. trauma loses its poison in a second. It's like when neo starts to stops Smith's blows with one hand while looking away. you realize that it was you who was giving existence to that ghost, and then you let it go easily

@Illusory Self

Let go of thinking (talking, communicating, expressing) in terms of states. That’s what you’re missing with David Hawkins. He isn’t / wasn’t thinking that way so emotions are much easier. If you notice the habit don’t ‘beat up on yourself’ for it, just notice. When you notice you’re about to, choose a different way of expressing. It’s suppressive, because the implication is there is ‘this other better state’ that ‘you could get to’ and there are ‘parts’ of you as or in different states. 

In the same fashion, let go of the thought narrative of the doer / “myself”/ “me”/ “mine”. 

In meditations let thought go by returning attention to feeling breathing from the stomach. Day to day, let thoughts about other than now go. Not resist, not try to change them, just let go of the habit of feeding thought attention. 

All which is let go is discord. Like, it all fits into the category of, you don’t care for it. All that arises is all that you want. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Develop your capacity to feel your internal energy centers. That is where releasing happens from. Not the mind. Most people are too much in their mind to be able to release efficiently. You can develop this through doing a daily letting go practice where you just sit with yourself for an hour. Like a meditation. And in this meditation you let go of your mind and become one with your energy field in and around your body. Try feeling the heart, pelvis, forehead etc and get a feel for the region around those places as well. Expand from those places into the areas around it and feel as much as you can. Do not force, let it come to you. And never analyze. Let go of everything. If you can deeply feel, you can release and that will happen on its own. You will know when you release when you feel lighter after. 

And releasing is like peeling an onion. You keep removing layers. You do it everyday for a long time and after a while, you just feel lighter permanently. And then all the good stuff happens.

Edited by JonasVE12

12 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

You let the feelings be just as they are and you feel them fully. It's not a complex process but it can be hard to feel 'negative' feelings' fully as the body is conditioned to do something about them.

12 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

Yeah, it's totally normal to forget and identify with the feelings to get some sort of release. Just recognize that it has happened and start letting go again. The more you do this the easier it will become.

I believe we can't force or try to let go of things, they leave when they are ready naturally. like a sneeze. It just comes up, and goes. The spiritual community has created the idea that holding on is "bad" or "not good", so we seek to let go of things we actually aren't ready to because we think we "should" or to meet the standards that other people set.  Everything we hold onto is still serving us in some way so learning to love, appreciate, and understand why we are holding on and how it serves is all there is to do.

13 hours ago, Roy said:

What do you mean by this, exactly.

suffering is what expedites awakening not hampers it

the you has to hit rock bottom

then the you is ready to begin the journey

14 hours ago, Raze said:

Wow. Following these links, I just stumbled upon an amazing guided letting go meditation by Julien Blanc:

https://youtu.be/89UNsttg30c

Don't be deceived by Julien's idiosyncratic speaking style. This is powerful stuff!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

On 1/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, Illusory Self said:

How does one actually let go?

On 26/01/2022 at 3:45 PM, Illusory Self said:

How does one actually let go?

@Illusory Self Forget about it and focus on something wholesome instead. Here's an easy moron-proof method I just got faxed by The Lord Buddha. It works under all conditions, every single time, no matter how you feel or what’s on your mind. You don't have to use your brain, exert effort, think thoughts, take deep breaths, release tension in the shoulders/upper back or be mindful, and you probably don't even need to be a primate. You could teach this to a goldfish and he’d get it. In fact, it may be helpful to imagine yourself as a goldfish while you try this.

1. Orient attention to happiness/inner-peace/befriending/equipoise/satisfyingness/love/acceptance/forgiveness (or a wholesome quality of your own choosing). No wrong answers are possible because attention already recognises what this quality feels like, and once directed, the mind will automatically imagine it. You may find it helpful to playfully prod the mind in some particular direction, like the ‘nature’ or ‘essence’ of your quality. Besides, you know for a fact that this is the only game in town, so just aim the mind towards what it (and like every other living organism) innately truly desires.
  2. Continually re-orient attention to your selected wholesome quality by literally just seeing every arising sensation as that quality.
    • No concessions, if something’s in awareness, we don't give a flying f*** about the who what when where how, it’s dumbass life story, what it “”””actually”””” is or any of the details: it ? is ? seen ? as ? your ? quality ? period. 
    • You can’t fail because as soon as failure happens you’ve noticed it and replaced the label ‘failure’ with your quality. 
    • Doubt does ? not ? exist ? to you, because doubt is not your selected wholesome quality. 
    • Tip: do select ‘befriending’ or something in this vein to max out the wholesomeness levels.
    • “But x/y/z…”: Brain dead brute force AKA “just do it.”
  3. Repeat steps one and two until serotonin. 
Edited by softlyblossoming
made more straight-forward