Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

How to embody and express physical aggression

19 posts in this topic

I’ve come to realize I’ve repressed a part of me that is wanting to get physical with other men that want to exert some sort of control in my personal space or disrespect me through words. I’ve realized violence and anger are sort of disowned as unspiritual when in fact this is not true. Embracing violence and using it consciously is actually part of the whole and it’s necessary for self defense. I’m currently in decent shape but I’m going to get stronger in the gym. Also thinking of joining martial arts classes to get this energy under control. I don’t want to feel a blockage or a holding back if I have to use physical violence but I also want to be conscious and in control of it and not be a bully. Any guys here master the energy of physical rage and use it in a healthy and protective way without it corrupting you or having to disown it or becoming “trigger happy” ? I think martial arts is probably the best path for expressing this energy. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Physical rage is a concept, rage is an emotion. Express it nonviolently without involving anyone else physically. 

I think It should be expressed physically in a healthy way. I’m thinking martial arts for mastering this energy and physical exercise/sports like wrestling, boxing, weight lifting, etc are the best bet. I want to join a gym for this and consciously harness it and transform it through physical activity. Im looking right now at kick boxing and martial arts. 

@Lyubov

Maybe you classify these consensual activities as violence, and I hold violence to be harming and have no issue with nonviolent consensual activities. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Lyubov

Maybe you classify these consensual activities as violence, and I hold violence to be harming and have no issue with nonviolent consensual activities. 

Oh yeah I understand you, I think they are violent cause they have to do with punching, kicking and harnessing anger/passion in class to do well at then but they are not the kind of violence you are talking about which is destructive and non consensual .  

Edited by Lyubov

I'd recommend Brazilian Jiu Jitsu if you wanna do a martial art. All the guys I've met there are super chill, then they'll absolutely fucking destroy you on the mat

Jiu Jitsu is good for learning to express your full physical power against others, because unlike a striking martial art you can actually put everything you've got into a spar/roll every day without worrying too much about injuring yourself or your opponent

With a striking martial art you're running at half power when you spar so you don't concuss each other all the time

I learned Karate from a traditional Shotokan master who trained under Funakoshi – the man who coined the word “Karate” meaning  “empty hand”  in Japanese.   The techniques he taught were deadly but he was also a pacifist.  The traditionalists had a concept of using martial arts to develop character so that you would never have to get into a fight.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Go out somewhere where it is safe and throw glass plates against rocks as hard as you can and watch them shatter. haha. Don't forget to cover your eyes! This is how I would express rage. I actually think there are places for it now. And smashing other objects too. Bring a bat. hehe. 

Edited by Gianna

9 minutes ago, Gianna said:

Go out somewhere where it is safe and throw glass plates against rocks as hard as you can and watch them shatter. haha. Don't forget to cover your eyes! This is how I would express rage. I actually think there are places for it now. And smashing other objects too. Bring a bat. hehe. 

How are you supposed to watch them shatter if you are covering your eyes

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

This is actually a great idea and really satisfying too. 

Boxing and or working out in the gym.

Boxing would be best for that.

Martial arts sounds like a healthy way to release it. I did a lot of that with music as well (piano, drums.. drums are great for that).

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, puporing said:

Martial arts sounds like a healthy way to release it. I did a lot of that with music as well (piano, drums.. drums are great for that).

wow never thought of this one either, great! love hitting some drums. it's not too hard either to play some big african drum like a djembe with my hands. 

On 26/01/2022 at 5:46 PM, Lyubov said:

I think It should be expressed physically in a healthy way. I’m thinking martial arts for mastering this energy and physical exercise/sports like wrestling, boxing, weight lifting, etc are the best bet. I want to join a gym for this and consciously harness it and transform it through physical activity. Im looking right now at kick boxing and martial arts. 

Yeah, these are good.

Also, you can probably find workshops where you can rage and scream in a safe setting.

I actually gave one such workshop last week.

It was a blast!!!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Semi contact martial arts are exceptionally good at remaining disciplined but showing no fear, as weekly you train physical contact and the difference in how you carry yourself is incredible. This question about violence won't be there, there will be no want, there will just be I can defend myself it doesn't bother me. You'll want to walk away, you'll want to get as far away from trouble as quickly as possible and not out of fear but out of it being the best defense. When you can hurt someone you don't want to in any form, you train to only do what's needed, and most often that's to walk away safely.

I once asked a spiritual community what martial arts was most spiritual and they responded ninja, as that has an element of spiritual practice inherent in it. I used to like shotokan karate when it was semi contact, because it was defensive, all the way to blackbelt you learned defensive techniques, then learned offense when you were ready for it. Yet shotokan was also natural contact, now its padded so for me it doesn't offer the same experience but I imagine it still helps a lot. Only your hands, wrists, arms and legs won't be hardened. 

On 26/01/2022 at 1:14 PM, Lyubov said:

Edited Wednesday at 01:16 PM by Lyubov

@Lyubov I really like BJJ.

I'd be wary of doing something like boxing. I've been involved with the sport, and had some reasonable success I am proud of. However, in retrospect many of the gyms I attended were run by toxic people, which created toxic, healthy environments. Toxic masculinity is a large risk with boxing gyms in my opinion. At the two gyms I went to most, I noticed many attendees seemed quite repressed in terms of their anger, despite how long they had been there. And, I was no different.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

a few weeks ago, I got physically aggressive and fought with a guy who broke my device while repairing it when I realized he was lying to me. 

my bodyweight made me stable during the fighting and finally a few guys came and rescued him.

this is really a necessary part of your masculinity and if the situation gets toxic, you have no other way than to be toxic.

other than that, I wouldn't wanna abuse my power to bully guys or similar actions like that. generally people might perceive me as an asshole but when they become friends with me, they know how nice I become.

physical power can also help you in sex when you lift her whole body and make out to her or fuck her in the air. 

so it's so empowering and it's not against spirituality! 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"