ThePoint

Paranoia about getting caught buying or possessing psychedelics

45 posts in this topic

@Vincent S  How long did it take you to overcome it? When did you reach the point where you said "I'm done wanting to be paranoid". I want to reach that point without ruining my life. I just want to improve my life.

Btw did you get my dm? I don't know if it sent because I can't see my own message in my inbox.

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@Gregory1

16 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Hide them under your bed.

No I mean, why would you be scared? Once you have them, they are in your room. They are safe there.

I'm not worried about them being found. I'm worried about some payment trail being traced back to me because the vendor got busted, or a website got busted and the data is breached, etc. Things like that which would leak the identity of buyers.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:27 AM, ThePoint said:

@Chris365

I didn't specifically mention that particular one. What about things like DMT or 5-MeO-DMT?

Ayahuasca has Dmt or 5meo DMT depending on the preparation

Edited by Chris365

15 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

@Vincent S  How long did it take you to overcome it? When did you reach the point where you said "I'm done wanting to be paranoid". I want to reach that point without ruining my life. I just want to improve my life.

When I realized that my worrying is causing the paranoia. When I realized that I am the creator of my own reality. That I am wherever I am.   
It maybe took 6 months, and a few trips with big realizations.

“Prison isnt real. Its only in your mind.  
And your mind creates your reality.”  

20 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Btw did you get my dm? I don't know if it sent because I can't see my own message in my inbox.

I didn’t.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

8 hours ago, ThePoint said:

I have never tried or bought psychedelics before. This is partly why. I am paranoid about getting caught buying them or possessing them.

Even if I were to successfully buy them, use them, and not get caught, I would still have the feeling of needing to look over my shoulder.

I have thoughts like: “Maybe I could not get caught at first. But what if they figure it out 5 years later and I get charged?”

Leo says that fear is resistance to a future experience. That is true. The experience of being imprisoned is not what I want. So yes, I do have resistance to the experience of being imprisoned because I got caught for possession or purchasing of psychedelics.

I really want to explore myself and reality but this fear feels like a life or death situation. People freely talk about psychedelics on the internet. People freely talk about psychedelics in YouTube videos like Leo and Joe Rogan. Entire trip reports are written on this forum. How do they do it without any fear?

How can I overcome this fear? How can I stop this feeling of needing to look over my shoulder?

If you are that much worries for getting caught, I can't imagine what will happen when you consume them. Take an advice, don't try it till you overcome from your fear. 

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@Gregory1

I'm not worried about them being found. I'm worried about some payment trail being traced back to me because the vendor got busted, or a website got busted and the data is breached, etc. Things like that which would leak the identity of buyers.

Which is why you buy them in market places and use payment systems where you can hide your identity.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

I did not deal with this because I procured psychedelics from people I personally know... It's really not that hard to make these connections though - there are psychedelic conferences throughout the world, psychedelic raves or just new age spiritual gatherings where someone is sure to know where to get it. So buying it off the internet, which I think is quite risky, is not necessary.

Once you get it, get a personal amount, like 5 tabs of LSD or an 8th of mushrooms, and do not sell it. Giving to someone and selling to someone are two different things in terms of the law at least in the US.

Let's say you have it and you did it. so you say, well the authorities may learn I tripped 5 years later. Okay, well how are they going to prove that? they can't.

Of course I live in the US, I would not do any illegal drugs outside of US/Western Europe.

In addition, think about how irrational your process is? can you actually point to any case where someone got arrested for taking psychedelics years later? 

Edited by SgtPepper

14 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

Which is why you buy them in market places and use payment systems where you can hide your identity.

@Gregory1 Even with private cryptocurrencies like XMR, you would still have to give your real name and address for them to ship them, no? What if there is a data breach of the website they are bought through or the vendor themselves are compromised? That would leak the identities of buyers, whether they bought through private cryptocurrencies or not.

Or is solely the purchasing of it not a crime? In which case it would be fine if they did theoretically get exposed?

16 hours ago, Vincent S said:

When I realized that my worrying is causing the paranoia. When I realized that I am the creator of my own reality. That I am wherever I am.   
It maybe took 6 months, and a few trips with big realizations.

“Prison isnt real. Its only in your mind.  
And your mind creates your reality.”  

I didn’t.

@Vincent S That's true. But, for the purposes of survival (which I know is antithetical to Truth), isn't it a reasonable expectation to be imprisoned for getting caught with something outlawed?

@SgtPepper

6 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

I did not deal with this because I procured psychedelics from people I personally know... It's really not that hard to make these connections though - there are psychedelic conferences throughout the world, psychedelic raves or just new age spiritual gatherings where someone is sure to know where to get it. So buying it off the internet, which I think is quite risky, is not necessary.

Where can I find these connections? Getting them physically isn't as risky as online for sure. Ty.

Once you get it, get a personal amount, like 5 tabs of LSD or an 8th of mushrooms, and do not sell it. Giving to someone and selling to someone are two different things in terms of the law at least in the US.
I definitely won't sell it. In my country I'm pretty sure giving it to someone and selling it to someone both fall under distribution. So I'll choose to stay on the safe side and avoid that.

Let's say you have it and you did it. so you say, well the authorities may learn I tripped 5 years later. Okay, well how are they going to prove that? they can't.
They may not ever be able to prove I actually tripped. However, if I buy them, they could prove that I bought them if information gets out, no?

Of course I live in the US, I would not do any illegal drugs outside of US/Western Europe.
Why not?

In addition, think about how irrational your process is? can you actually point to any case where someone got arrested for taking psychedelics years later? 
No I can't. But for example, there are websites on the DWeb that get busted  by authorities and the identities of buyers get leaked. And this could happen years later. They could arrest those buyers couldn't they?

20 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@Leo Gura

Leo, did you ever feel fearful or anxious in any way about this matter? In one of your 'How Fear Works' videos you mention how accepting the prospect of experiencing the future experience that you are resisting will relieve your fear.

But why would I want to relieve this particular fear? Would I gain any benefit from relieving this fear?

Sure, I may be happier and more at peace if I were completely fearless, which is what I think God truly is. But I am still playing the character of a finite human being with biases and survival needs. If my human character goes to prison, it will cause lot's of suffering.

I've actually been contemplating this matter for months. Only decided to make a post about it today to gain outside perspectives because I still can't overcome this.

The solution here is not some deep metaphysical point. This is a healthy fear which is communicating a valid message to you: "Be extra careful. Don't be foolish or sloppy. Take precautions."

Fear is there to help you avoid needless horrible suffering.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ThePoint

It's good that you are cautious. 

I think the only way to get these connections is to go places where the kind of people who do psychedelics hang out. Most of the connections I found was during college, but I am 27 now. If I had 0 connection, I'd go to some gathering like this : https://www.cosm.org.  or https://horizons.nyc, make friends with someone who knows someone and try to procure some.

Yes exactly do not give or sell if you just want to experience it for yourself. I only "gave" because I was actually tripping with a friend. 

Mostly because I am more familiar with the laws and some states, countries in the US/Western Europe seem to have relatively relaxed laws (Portugal & Spain) for example, compared to countries like like Singapore or Japan. 

Of course any Jail time is no good. So of course, I am very private with my choices.

I suppose they could if its online on the Dweb, but they would have to link you to doing the actual transaction. I agree with not buying it on the web though, I haven't done that and I'd grow my own mushrooms & synthesize DMT before I buy it online. The ingredients to synthesize these items are legal in the US. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The solution here is not some deep metaphysical point. This is a healthy fear which is communicating a valid message to you: "Be extra careful. Don't be foolish or sloppy. Take precautions."

Fear is there to help you avoid needless horrible suffering.

How can I draw the line between healthy fears and unhealthy fears?

@SgtPepper

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

I think the only way to get these connections is to go places where the kind of people who do psychedelics hang out. Most of the connections I found was during college, but I am 27 now. If I had 0 connection, I'd go to some gathering like this : https://www.cosm.org.  or https://horizons.nyc, make friends with someone who knows someone and try to procure some.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

I suppose they could if its online on the Dweb, but they would have to link you to doing the actual transaction.

Okay. So might not get imprisoned. However, could you be put on a watchlist if your real name and address were found because a vendor/website got compromised, for example?

52 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

@Leo Gura How can I draw the line between healthy fears and unhealthy fears?

There is no algorithmic solution. There is no clear line. It's highly relative.

But in general you can make a distinction between being hijacked by fear vs being wisely cautious. There is a difference between dysfunctional paranoia vs wise caution. If you look both ways before crossing a busy highway, that's not fear, that's wise caution. If you are so terrified of traffic that you refuse to leave your house, that's dysfunctional paranoia. And if you decide to cross the highway without looking because you think traffic is an illusion, you're an idiot.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura have you gotten real life threats cause of the content you release or in the mail ? from religious people etc

6 hours ago, ThePoint said:

Even with private cryptocurrencies like XMR, you would still have to give your real name and address for them to ship them, no? What if there is a data breach of the website they are bought through or the vendor themselves are compromised? That would leak the identities of buyers, whether they bought through private cryptocurrencies or not.

Even if they find your adress, that is no prove that it was you who ordered. Could've been your neighbour

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 19/1/2022 at 6:25 AM, Chris365 said:

Ayahuasca has Dmt or 5meo DMT depending on the preparation

Is it true for all Ayahuasca ceremonies?

We had 1) honey drink b) 2 tea drinks

How to know which of the two, Dmt or 5meo DMT, is used on a concreate ceremony?

@Gregory1 Holy fucking shit nîgger your signature is overkill as fuck

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 20/01/2022 at 7:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

There is no algorithmic solution. There is no clear line. It's highly relative.

But in general you can make a distinction between being hijacked by fear vs being wisely cautious. There is a difference between dysfunctional paranoia vs wise caution. If you look both ways before crossing a busy highway, that's not fear, that's wise caution. If you are so terrified of traffic that you refuse to leave your house, that's dysfunctional paranoia. And if you decide to cross the highway without looking because you think traffic is an illusion, you're an idiot.

@Leo Gura So what I'm getting at here is that fear is like a neurotic trick my mind uses and it tricks me into thinking that I am being cautious when I am being delusional? 

When I look both ways before crossing a busy highway, I don't feel bad or good. It doesn't affect my emotions. It is a neutral act. Therefore it is wise caution.

However, fears like the one I have about psychedelics is not a neutral act as it is affecting my emotions. So this is neurotic fear. 

Would you agree with this? 

@ThePoint I would be very concerned with buying psychedelics domestically.  Ever heard of the US Postal Inspection Service?  They are the law enforcement branch of the US Postal Service.  They frown upon illegal drugs going through the mail.  Order online at your own risk.  I don't look good in Orange.

@ThePoint

What if you will never be able to purchase any kind of psychedelic.

Why does it make you fearful?

When I started watching Leo's content, I was not aware that he was using psychedelics. But his teachings really touched my heart. When I realized that what Leo uses is illegal and taboo in many countries, it kind of discouraged me. That was a sobering moment, because I really wanted to understand what he talks about and also it could be hard or even impossible to aquire psychedelics. So, I started to become paranoid about it and I assumed that it was impossible to aquire it. But, eventually, I accepted that reality and dropped off the paranoia and started to do surface level research about it. It took me about 1-2 month to discover that there is a way to aquire it legally, but it will be hard to do it. And I still don't know whether it could work.

So, drop off the paranoia, because it will not help you in knowing the how part.

Do you want to be paranoid when you discover that it is impossible to aquire it?

Do things with the help of Leo without psychedelics and also remember that there will be things that will be impossible to do without psychedelics.

I think you need to watch his video about requisite variety, which is on his blog.

Edited by Understander