ThePoint

Paranoia about getting caught buying or possessing psychedelics

45 posts in this topic

I have never tried or bought psychedelics before. This is partly why. I am paranoid about getting caught buying them or possessing them.

Even if I were to successfully buy them, use them, and not get caught, I would still have the feeling of needing to look over my shoulder.

I have thoughts like: “Maybe I could not get caught at first. But what if they figure it out 5 years later and I get charged?”

Leo says that fear is resistance to a future experience. That is true. The experience of being imprisoned is not what I want. So yes, I do have resistance to the experience of being imprisoned because I got caught for possession or purchasing of psychedelics.

I really want to explore myself and reality but this fear feels like a life or death situation. People freely talk about psychedelics on the internet. People freely talk about psychedelics in YouTube videos like Leo and Joe Rogan. Entire trip reports are written on this forum. How do they do it without any fear?

How can I overcome this fear? How can I stop this feeling of needing to look over my shoulder?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

Pretty sure most place only charge for possession? 

The major concern is drug trafficking. Don't do that.

Go to a place where it is legal, or just take care.

So so so many people do psychedelics, talk about it online.. they don't arrest you for having done something. 

I say, do it legally. Personally this is my approach.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There are definitely legal risks to using psychedelics. That is no illusion. You should be very careful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

How can I overcome this fear? How can I stop this feeling of needing to look over my shoulder?

Go to another forum or maybe discord server where people talk about psychedelics, DM them about how they try to safely acquire psychedelics. They can tell you things to look out for or ways to stay safe if you were using the dark web for example, because I don't know how to use the dark web or understand it. I've never bought psychedelics but that's what I would do 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Id be willing to bet , even in more conservative leaning states , they would show you a good deal of mercy if it was simple possession , without any priors . Speaking from personal experience (not with psychedelic but something similarly "bad") as well as other people I've known. 

Edit: sorry I shouldn't assume you live in the states, but in case you do...

Edited by pfletcha

Some US cities have actually decriminalized psychedelics. If you want to be extra safe.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Chris365

5 hours ago, Chris365 said:

Go to a country where it's legal.

Aren't there psychedelics that are outlawed in every country? LIke DMT and 5-MeO-DMT?

@Thought Art

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Pretty sure most place only charge for possession?

What do you mean most places only charge for possession?

The major concern is drug trafficking. Don't do that.

Yeah. Of course I won't do trafficking.

Go to a place where it is legal, or just take care.

What do you mean by just take care?

So so so many people do psychedelics, talk about it online.. they don't arrest you for having done something. 

What do you mean they don't arrest you for having done something? Don't people always get arrested for 'having done something'?

I say, do it legally. Personally this is my approach.

How can I do it legally? Aren't there only a few psychedelics that are legal in some countries?

And on this note… I do think a lot of people are profiting and cashing in when these things are more legal in certain areas. 
I’ve seen psychedelic retreats for thousands of pounds. One online I saw was £5k for a 4 night retreat. I mean trying to do psychedelics often at this price is never going to happen. 

Ayauasca retreats can be 1k at least for costs, but the actual ayahuasca you can buy for £30, it’s not expensive at all 

so people have to be buying online, because if you had to go to another country always for a retreat, there’s no way you’re going to afford 100 trips and regularly doing psychedelics 

@Judy2

5 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@ThePoint Hey, i can 100% relate. But there are ways to buy and use psychedelics responsibly! Depending on where you live, you can even get your hands on legal LSD derivatives, which have a slightly different molecular structure but work virtually the same. 

I don't know how I can find legal derivatives but I probably can't ask you here. Thanks tho

@lmfao

@pfletcha

3 hours ago, pfletcha said:

Id be willing to bet , even in more conservative leaning states , they would show you a good deal of mercy if it was simple possession , without any priors . Speaking from personal experience (not with psychedelic but something similarly "bad") as well as other people I've known. 

Edit: sorry I shouldn't assume you live in the states, but in case you do...

I don't live in the states. Regardless, I want to assume the worst case scenario when it comes to something as risky as this.

If you don't mind me asking, what was that similarly bad thing? If you don't want to answer that's completely fine I understand.

3 minutes ago, Thetruthseeker said:

And on this note… I do think a lot of people are profiting and cashing in when these things are more legal in certain areas. 
I’ve seen psychedelic retreats for thousands of pounds. One online I saw was £5k for a 4 night retreat. I mean trying to do psychedelics often at this price is never going to happen. 

Ayauasca retreats can be 1k at least for costs, but the actual ayahuasca you can buy for £30, it’s not expensive at all 

so people have to be buying online, because if you had to go to another country always for a retreat, there’s no way you’re going to afford 100 trips and regularly doing psychedelics 

@Thetruthseeker That is quite expensive. What is the benefit of doing a retreat over doing it solo?

Well it’s nice in the group… 

but what I’m saying is, that retreats are so expensive because of this exact dilemma you’re facing now. 
because you’re worried about getting caught and it’s ‘illegal’ where you are… retreats are cashing in on the convenience of a place where you can do it all safely. 

look online, a 5 meo-dmt retreat will cost you thousands of dollars… but the stuff itself is not expensive 

so if Leo and others are saying they’ve done hundreds of psychedelic trips, then they have to be ordering online somehow 

@ThePoint What country do you live in?   
If you dont mind me asking?

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Some US cities have actually decriminalized psychedelics. If you want to be extra safe.

Leo, did you ever feel fearful or anxious in any way about this matter? In one of your 'How Fear Works' videos you mention how accepting the prospect of experiencing the future experience that you are resisting will relieve your fear.

But why would I want to relieve this particular fear? Would I gain any benefit from relieving this fear?

Sure, I may be happier and more at peace if I were completely fearless, which is what I think God truly is. But I am still playing the character of a finite human being with biases and survival needs. If my human character goes to prison, it will cause lot's of suffering.

I've actually been contemplating this matter for months. Only decided to make a post about it today to gain outside perspectives because I still can't overcome this.

7 minutes ago, Thetruthseeker said:

Well it’s nice in the group… 

but what I’m saying is, that retreats are so expensive because of this exact dilemma you’re facing now. 
because you’re worried about getting caught and it’s ‘illegal’ where you are… retreats are cashing in on the convenience of a place where you can do it all safely. 

look online, a 5 meo-dmt retreat will cost you thousands of dollars… but the stuff itself is not expensive 

so if Leo and others are saying they’ve done hundreds of psychedelic trips, then they have to be ordering online somehow 

@Thetruthseeker That makes sense. Ty.

@Chris365

8 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

I didn't specifically mention that particular one. What about things like DMT or 5-MeO-DMT?

7 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

@ThePoint What country do you live in?   
If you dont mind me asking?

@Vincent S I will dm you.

6 hours ago, ThePoint said:

I have never tried or bought psychedelics before. This is partly why. I am paranoid about getting caught buying them or possessing them.

Legit fear. Which is why you should research the legal situation in your country. What comsequences are you risking when getting caught.

After you know what risks you are getting into find intelligent ways to get them. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

6 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Legit fear. Which is why you should research the legal situation in your country. What comsequences are you risking when getting caught.

After you know what risks you are getting into find intelligent ways to get them.

@Gregory1 Let's say, theoretically, I do get them successfully. How would I stop being paranoid after the fact?

I don't want to feel like I have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

@Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't live in US.

14 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Let's say, theoretically, I do get them successfully. How would I stop being paranoid after the fact?

I don't want to feel like I have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

I have dealt with this crap for some time. Its very normal. 
I just surrendered the fear really. I dont want to live in fear of what may happen in the future.  Whatever is meant to happen, will happen.   
When you are done wanting to be paranoid, it will just fall off of you.

I try to get it as carefully as I can. The rest I give up for faith. And for my own great good. I see it as a help for me, to build and to construct a better ego or life, to help others with my work/purpose.  

This doesn’t mean that I am going to become a drug dealer, or starting a lab.  
But when I feel the need for a boost in consciousness, I will it to me. And the universe helps me getting it.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

26 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Let's say, theoretically, I do get them successfully. How would I stop being paranoid after the fact?

Hide them under your bed.

No I mean, why would you be scared? Once you have them, they are in your room. They are safe there.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/