mmKay

Does the color red provoke anxiety?

21 posts in this topic

Red has allways been my favorite color. I love it, but hear me out:

Once I was falling asleep on my couch looking at a red shirt that was hanging across the room.

From my experience, sometimes when you're in that half asleep - half awake state you access a different state of consciousness,  and then it was extremely clear for me that looking at something red triggers you , provoking constant restlessness and unease.

It is the color of blood afterall. 

I may be wrong or deluded so I'm asking for second opinions here. 

The reason  for this post is that I want to purchase a cool colorful carpet for the floor of my campervan  since its all dark grey inside ( to make some contrast ) and I'd love it to be all red or with some red here and there, but since I'll be spending so much time there i obviously don't want to be subconsciously triggered all the time. 

Thoughts, or cool 2x3 m floor carpets? ?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay

By all means, get the red carpet. Sounds sweet. I painted an entire room in my house deep red and it’s my favorite. 

That discord wasn’t from the red shirt, but from the conjecture of states. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Did you ever see a beautiful women in a red dress? Or a beautiful rose? Or a warm fire? Or a beautiful sunrise/ sunset? Beautiful red lips? The blush from your crush?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Red is my favorite color too.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think there is a lot of cultural stuff that gets mixed in when people examine colours, for example racism, colourism and other phenomena. Same with this, you could find both things you like and dislike of any colour you think of probably and justify some stance.

I never believed certain colors have certain effects on our mind. If it was that powerful, we wouldn't be able to function.

@HypnoticMagician They totally have an effect on our mind.. just notice it everyday.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@mmKay

On 1/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, mmKay said:

Red has allways been my favorite color. I love it, but hear me out:

Once I was falling asleep on my couch looking at a red shirt that was hanging across the room.

From my experience, sometimes when you're in that half asleep - half awake state you access a different state of consciousness,  and then it was extremely clear for me that looking at something red triggers you , provoking constant restlessness and unease.

It is the color of blood afterall. 

I may be wrong or deluded so I'm asking for second opinions here. 

The reason  for this post is that I want to purchase a cool colorful carpet for the floor of my campervan  since its all dark grey inside ( to make some contrast ) and I'd love it to be all red or with some red here and there, but since I'll be spending so much time there i obviously don't want to be subconsciously triggered all the time. 

Thoughts, or cool 2x3 m floor carpets? ?

Yes, there is a psychology about how colours effect people.

6 hours ago, HypnoticMagician said:

I never believed certain colors have certain effects on our mind. If it was that powerful, we wouldn't be able to function.

Paint your room pink then.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Paint your room pink then.

I think your topic on empathy kinda vanished. Puzzled!! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@HypnoticMagician

10 hours ago, HypnoticMagician said:

It doesn't have to be overwhelmingly powerful that it impedes one's functioning, but it has some degree of influence in one's cognition, states, value system, and how the mind adjusts parts of it's world view quickly. There was some research done on how colours effect psychology and performance. If you put two competitors in separate rooms, one blue, and one red, and each tasked with completing a mental test, they found that the ones that were in red themed rooms performed less than the ones in blue rooms. They continue, and found that people who did exercises, who wore red, performed slightly better, because the colour red stimulated that person's cardiovascular system slightly more.

The following colours is what they found to have some effect on a person's mood mostly, and sometimes a physiological effect:

Blue: calming, centered and cool.

Red: agitation, passion, rage, flare.

Yellow: calming, mellow, energetic.

Purple: Relaxation, rarity, sophistication.

Orange: Strength, alertness.

Green: Skill, cleanliness and happiness.

White: western culture: Goodness, purity, hope, peace. Eastern cultures: Evil, impurity, death, destruction.

Black: Western culture: Death, despair, destruction, darkness, funerals. Eastern cultures: Heroic, hope, goodness.

Also note that the vividness of the colour can decrease or increase the meaning of the colour to a person. A person who feels anxious when they see a red colour, would feel much more if that red is brighter and has more civid qualities, as opposed to a red that is much darker and less vivid. This is partly covered when studying NLP.

I have painted my room Sea Blue. Cool cool. 

That's my wall. 

61jcu0.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Karmadhi

10 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Thought it provoked power

Red does provoke power, as it is connected to the colour of blood. Sometimes, the provocation for some is too much, too aggressive, that it can make some people feel anxious.

Too much red to me gives me headaches.

Link us your carpet, bro :)

About your topic - there are actually a ton of different shades of red, some can actually be very calming and soothing, while some, indeed, have a very aggressive wibe to them, it all depends, man

36 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Link us your carpet, bro :)

About your topic - there are actually a ton of different shades of red, some can actually be very calming and soothing, while some, indeed, have a very aggressive wibe to them, it all depends, man

Currently my whole van is carpeted with deep grey - anthrancite carpet. i thought about some color for contrast . It's s low roof van so i  be crawling a lot and looking the carpet a lot. 

I want it to feel cozy AF.  Cozy and not being subconsciously triggered is nr 1 priority. Cool design would be nr 2. 

Budget would be around 150 bucks. Feel free to post some designs. 

How it looks and some carpets I've considered:

IMG_20220117_043649.jpgIMG_20220117_042609.jpg

IMG_20220117_044927.jpg

IMG_20220117_043926.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-17-04-35-48-836_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay Hehe, this different colored carpet with a bunch of square-like shapes actually provides a ton more anxiety in me than your monotonne red one

This dark red mattish color is fine, imo, at least it would be fine for me

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@HypnoticMagician

It doesn't have to be overwhelmingly powerful that it impedes one's functioning, but it has some degree of influence in one's cognition, states, value system, and how the mind adjusts parts of it's world view quickly. There was some research done on how colours effect psychology and performance. If you put two competitors in separate rooms, one blue, and one red, and each tasked with completing a mental test, they found that the ones that were in red themed rooms performed less than the ones in blue rooms. They continue, and found that people who did exercises, who wore red, performed slightly better, because the colour red stimulated that person's cardiovascular system slightly more.

The following colours is what they found to have some effect on a person's mood mostly, and sometimes a physiological effect:

Blue: calming, centered and cool.

Red: agitation, passion, rage, flare.

Yellow: calming, mellow, energetic.

Purple: Relaxation, rarity, sophistication.

Orange: Strength, alertness.

Green: Skill, cleanliness and happiness.

White: western culture: Goodness, purity, hope, peace. Eastern cultures: Evil, impurity, death, destruction.

Black: Western culture: Death, despair, destruction, darkness, funerals. Eastern cultures: Heroic, hope, goodness.

Also note that the vividness of the colour can decrease or increase the meaning of the colour to a person. A person who feels anxious when they see a red colour, would feel much more if that red is brighter and has more civid qualities, as opposed to a red that is much darker and less vivid. This is partly covered when studying NLP.

Source?

The statements above about the affect of each color is very round, open ended if you be careful. Not so different from astrology. The brain can not be this imperfect if you don't break it by trying to do dangerous things. It is more likely to be a conditioning or placebo than an actual phenomenon. If you believe hearing the verses of torah will destablize you, you'll experience it like this. I never feared start of david believing it emits negative energy. I admit I had xenophobia against jews, but for more logical reasons. For example, the notorious talmud promoting covert racism for jews. As a non jew, I don't hesitate to take various precautions against that kind of dangerous people. I don't want to generalize all members of this nation but I don't feel guilty for criticising, insulting such stupid kikes so long as I don't harm anybody. As you can see above, it depends on your initial experience, association with the things you see. You can never make someone with different sexual tastes enjoy the kind of sexual position you enjoy no matter how many subliminal messages like that you hide onto the background. The person need to consciously agree with those associations first, so you can use the new triggers you created.

Edited by HypnoticMagician

@HypnoticMagician

3 hours ago, HypnoticMagician said:

Source?

The statements above about the affect of each color is very round, open ended if you be careful. Not so different from astrology. The brain can not be this imperfect if you don't break it by trying to do dangerous things. It is more likely to be a conditioning or placebo than an actual phenomenon. If you believe hearing the verses of torah will destablize you, you'll experience it like this. I never feared start of david believing it emits negative energy. I admit I had xenophobia against jews, but for more logical reasons. For example, the notorious talmud promoting covert racism for jews. As a non jew, I don't hesitate to take various precautions against that kind of dangerous people. I don't want to generalize all members of this nation but I don't feel guilty for criticising, insulting such stupid kikes so long as I don't harm anybody. As you can see above, it depends on your initial experience, association with the things you see. You can never make someone with different sexual tastes enjoy the kind of sexual position you enjoy no matter how many subliminal messages like that you hide onto the background. The person need to consciously agree with those associations first, so you can use the new triggers you created.

Try the experiments yourself: go to a red room, and try doing mental tasks in there. Then, go do the same thing in a blue room, and tell us what you've experienced in the real world. If your imagination is good, then just imagining going into a room with strong hue and brightness of a colour would bee enough in strongly effect one's state and mood.

Of course, it's not entirely objective, nor is it entirely subjective. It is both, plus cultural upbringing and life experiences that can vary to a degree each meaning in a colour for a person. One who sees red, experiences anxiety, would be different to another that experiences excitement seeing red, at the same time, under the colour of red is a set range of meanings of power, violence, passions, while also still variable as well ect.  

A few sources, and here's one of them: Haha Lung, and his book Mental Dominance. He also has worked in the Black science institute and studied various forms of manipulation, from physical to psychological, and in that book he covers briefly how colours effect some people's psychology to a degree.

Another source, the colour psychology chart:

c0377c3c9d1fbd17bd1c87482e8209bf.jpg 

While this is an extensive chart about each meanings associated with each colour, it is not completely representative of all meanings in a colour.

Edited by Danioover9000