Someone here

What's your relationship with your body?

34 posts in this topic

It can be proplem. The constant need to take care of the body. To eat, shit, and piss and shower. 

Is carrying a body a burden or a bliss? 

The soul is identified with an imaginary temporary physical avatar.. For a while.  Not for long time but for a while.    The more I recognize my true nature and then compare it to the body.. The more I see the body as a burden. A burden that I have to carry on for my whole life.  Babysitting this body.  Task after task.  Feed me. Please Me. Rest me. Move me. Clean me.   Over and over again.  A chore after a chore. Until I fall dead after reaching the limit of exhaustion.   A house of diseases. A house of desires.  The never-ending desire that doesn't amount to anything other than the multiplication of itself and the expansion of disappointment. A house of needs. A house of lacking and constant aiming.   The mind can be at ease. The soul can just be content in the now. The body has to perform effort and chase after it's "needs".  There seems to be a conflict between the body and the soul. The nature of limitation VS unlimitedness.

What is your relationship with your body? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Actually that sums it up very well.

"Move me. Feed me. Please me. Love me. I am full of disease and pain and needs. I am your baby and we are one. Endless tasks, problem after problem, this is your duty."

@KatiesKarma how are you gonna put up with this? Being stuck in this body is our fate. The only solution is to love it and take care of it. 

-Osho

My relationship with my body has gotten better over time, most issues come from not being in tune and on the same page with it.

Something I work on everyday.

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

If there's hunger I eat and if I'm tired I sleep. That might sound boring but it's quite joyful to let the body decide where it wants to go and what to do.

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@KatiesKarma how are you gonna put up with this? Being stuck in this body is our fate. The only solution is to love it and take care of it. 

Tryna not to kill myself

Cynical and concerning jokes aside, I think the solution lies in sustaining a lifestyle that doesn't feel like a never ending problem-solving maze or a lonely 'room simulator'. To exercise, gently if needed, to connect to our breathing and accept all bodily sensations. Maybe dance and use it as an expression of art.

i love it. all pleasures in life come through bodily sensations.

helps to think of it as an instrument, one i have the opportunity to tend to investigate to enjoy and one i need to bring to heel

it is the instrument for my awakening, i have immense compassion and devotion to my body, it was made to be my co-pilot in this mission

it is good for only a few heart beats and then poof it's over

thank you body thank you existence thank you for showing me thank you for allowing me thank you for teaching me

1 hour ago, KatiesKarma said:

Tryna not to kill myself

What is at the core of your suffering? At the very bottom.. What's it that makes you feel this way? 

-Osho

If you learn a sport or physical activity at a master level, with passion, and tune your body as if it were a musical instrument, your feeling with your body will change. It will seem to you that you have at your disposal a wonder of creation, and you will treat it as such

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

It can be proplem. The constant need to take care of the body. To eat, shit, and piss and shower. 

Is carrying a body a burden or a bliss? 

The soul is identified with an imaginary temporary physical avatar.. For a while.  Not for long time but for a while.    The more I recognize my true nature and then compare it to the body.. The more I see the body as a burden. A burden that I have to carry on for my whole life.  Babysitting this body.  Task after task.  Feed me. Please Me. Rest me. Move me. Clean me.   Over and over again.  A chore after a chore. Until I fall dead after reaching the limit of exhaustion.   A house of diseases. A house of desires.  The never-ending desire that doesn't amount to anything other than the multiplication of itself and the expansion of disappointment. A house of needs. A house of lacking and constant aiming.   The mind can be at ease. The soul can just be content in the now. The body has to perform effort and chase after it's "needs".  There seems to be a conflict between the body and the soul. The nature of limitation VS unlimitedness.

If you think that you are carrying the body it is heavy as fuck. If you dont think much about the and focused on feelings fuck yea, love, the moment is blisssss.

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What is at the core of your suffering? At the very bottom.. What's it that makes you feel this way? 

Disconnectedness, some type of personality disorder. Really it's loneliness and eternal boredom or overwhelm. 

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Breakingthewall I think it has pros and cons. 

yes, you have to avoid becoming competitive. but doing the best possible in an activity suposed competitive without becoming competitive is a great mental exercise.

Or what did you mean?

Edited by Breakingthewall

21 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

If you think that you are carrying the body it is heavy as fuck. If you dont think much about the and focused on feelings fuck yea, love, the moment is blisssss.

Yes I can feel that blisssss sometimes but not permanently. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

21 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

Disconnectedness, some type of personality disorder. Really it's loneliness and eternal boredom or overwhelm. 

I send you love and good vibes. 

May you live a long happy life with peace in your heart ?

-Osho

The miracle of the body and meditation is that effort is an exhausting conceptual narrative. Truly there is nobody at all, but thought makes it seem so. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here Very valid perspective. And very important to face the reality that it feels so burdening. There are other perspectives which are also valid. For example:

- since we're wearing this body temporarily, and since we are not in actuality this body (of course this has to be seen and is extremely difficult - still in the process of this), all this becomes an episode of play, like an experiment, a short adventure infinity is taking to explore itself as limited and able to re-unite. God is one, but what does it feel like to feel itself as multiple who are still one but can join and commune, talk and share, and recognize the Self in each other?
- the body is an incredibly intelligent machine - the moment we're not identified and just observe it, as in: "wow, what a unique opportunity to watch/relate/embody such an intricate creation of intelligence". Without the past encrusted in thought, the body is pure magic and an amazing piece of art which we chose to enjoy for a while. That we chose this I don't truly know. But more and more, it really feels like we did. It makes much more sense than "being randomly born into a body without asking for it". Just doesn't really click for me anymore. All this is too perfectly designed for this to be so. But I don't know absolutely.
- the body doesn't mean anything. pain doesn't mean anything, pleasure doesn't mean anything. It's just what it is and "we" are creating it, experiencing it, seeing it decay and die. But we don't die. And we're not made of this body. This body is made of us and there is neither something special nor something terrible about this. It's just what it is. <-- This is a great help for seeing through the pain/pleasure illusion.

After all, I found being grateful for having this experience - even though I don't know WHY THE HELL I am having it - makes me really humble and in love with the body. It is truly a gift. It is a deep trust in reality being perfect. I've seen it. I don't see it now but I've seen it - perfectly clearly. And since then, I trust that this is exactly what's supposed to be here, and when there is a lot of suffering and pain involved, it has a purpose. Love is the driving force of all of this. And Love knows. This thinking makes the thinking itself dissolve and reveal the Truth of it. This basic trust is important, even essential. Otherwise the pain gets too intense and being identified with it unbearable. If need be, the intensity will crack our hearts open and make room for light shining through. I feel like this is what's going on. But it's only a perspective in the end :) 

I do not know why but this perspective towards the body just seems so devoid of love. Imagine if you said all that about your child. I know what you said is true however, there's no love in it. I see it more as caring for it until it dies, it's like it's my child. I do not care that it's a burden, I love it. I'll anyways be without it one day when it dies, I want to cherish my time with it. Maybe I say this because my body is healthy and does not create an experience of hell for me, but that's just something to be grateful for even more. All of this goes for the mind as well. I see the mind as also my child.

What is your relationship with your mind?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)