lmfao

Why do so many people believe in re-incarnation on this forum?

67 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Stage green spirituality.

on what basis do u claim this? many here are just having it as a possible assumption..

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

39 minutes ago, happyhappy said:

on what basis do u claim this? many here are just having it as a possible assumption..

Good question.

Try to look at a post talking about reincarnation and ask yourself

"how do they know?"

"If they don't know - Are they aware it's just an assumption?"

"If they are aware that it's just an assumption - why would they write what they wrote? Are they actually contemplating or just mentally masturbating?"

Besides - if you can prove that you can't ever really die you still don't know whether the next experience will be a "reincarnation" similar to this one or if it's gonna be some sort of stage-blue-like heaven/hell or some crazy unimaginable shit.

Astral projection can't really prove it either - I've had very intense, insane experiences of "other realms" - can't really know if it's relevant to what will come after this life. 

You can become conscious of whether the dreams you have at night are as real as this reality - while dreaming "normal reality" is just a concept similar to how now "a memory of the dreams I have at night" is just a thought / concept happening in my mind (nothing wrong with thoughts just it's not the same as experience through other sense doors).

I don't really know whether reincarnation is real. I'd be just assuming so. I haven't even realized whether it's possible to die or not. But I've had some nice experiences of "other realms" as I said above.

Always assume everything you say / anyone else says is full of shit.

14 hours ago, lmfao said:

Why do so many people believe in re-incarnation on this forum?

I     understand. 

Not two. ?? 
Need to be understood or to understand is resolved within, yet attracts “understanders” without. 
Sheep and wolf, birds of feathers. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Reading Lsd and the Mind of the Universe right now, he takes reincarnation as a basic fact of nature.

Then he goes on to talk about the Elderly Council and all this elaborate stuff that to me seems like nonsense because even if it were "true" (this kind of elaborate afterlife with soul groups and whatnot), it's like "you" will never really remember it (for long enough) so basically it doesn't exist or carries no relevancy, and we are always stuck in this oh so perfect reality. 

+1

54 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Always assume everything you say / anyone else says is full of shit.

won't we miss the wisdom while projecting such an attitude?

I mean, though somebody has not embodied the truth or don't have a direct realization of the thing, still  they can offer some legit advice right? 

but, 100% I agree that we must be skeptical of BS claims made on shallow grounds.

59 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Astral projection can't really prove it either - I've had very intense, insane experiences of "other realms" - can't really know if it's relevant to what will come after this life. 

IMHO, this displays tier 2 consciousness . the way I myself hold assumptions while not needing to seethe an identity or a life around it. I don't have direct experience on this part so I must accept my ignorance really! xD

But I still cannot unpack the claim of stage green label u stuck on it. yesss,, new agers tend to have blind faith on this but many here on this forum(if my observations are correct) do not fall for that category.

27 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

Reading Lsd and the Mind of the Universe right now, he takes reincarnation as a basic fact of nature.

Then he goes on to talk about the Elderly Council and all this elaborate stuff that to me seems like nonsense because even if it were "true" (this kind of elaborate afterlife with soul groups and whatnot), it's like "you" will never really remember it (for long enough) so basically it doesn't exist or carries no relevancy, and we are always stuck in this oh so perfect reality. 

+!

my mini-blog!

17 hours ago, lmfao said:

but those could have all been made up, or arbitrarily pulled from some collective consciousness

I don't have much experience, though enough to say that this past life stuff is not arbitrarily made-up. You actually remember, just as you remember your childhood right now. It is just as authentic memory, and it truly changes how you see life.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

It mostly comes with the new-age religion as a one package deal. A few, however, claim to have experienced it. And while I don't necessarily deny that, I still doubt the interpretations they give of what they actually experienced. I think most people who reach these experiences necessarily lack the proper metaphysical or even just logical foundation to ground their interpretations in. Most of the times the interpretations are flimsy and vague. Materialism on the other hand does not deny reincarnation. This is clear in genetics, but not exclusive to it. But what materialism denies is the concept of a soul that gets incarcerated to begin with. In a sense, it seems materialism has reached non-duality in this specific matter.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

18 hours ago, Consilience said:

At the most basic level, if a dream popped up once, why couldn't it happen again? I mean seriously... What is more likely, the 0.00000000(to infinity)1% chance that you managed to spring into existence and it's a one and done deal, or that the same mechanism where you spontaneously appeared could happen again? There's also apparently objective data giving authority to the idea of reincarnation - children recalling specific details of past lives, or how their last life ended and the researchers being able to verify that information

Re-incarnation to people seems to mean (dream again) + (continuity from karma)

18 hours ago, Consilience said:

Overall, my thinking is why wouldn't it happen again if it already happened once?

Too much inference for me 

17 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

What do you think?

If my eye cannot see it it doesn't exist

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@happyhappy I've day dreamt from meditation before I was a black man who was shot in the streets, or that I was a woman who lost their baby in an accident. I interpret it like a daydream or hypnosis, in fairness my experience of it isn't that strong compared to others. In my case it was definitely a day dream. But on the overall matter relatively speaking I don't know 

Since you're talking about catalogues of examples there could be something to it, but I'm more likely to recontextualise it as not being literal

But anytime you go into the domain of past lives or psychic powers the atmosphere is always vague with people discussing it 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

9 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Too much inference for me 

Do you recognize that the idea that there isn't reincarnation takes just as much, if not more inference than the idea of reincarnation? Again, "incarnation" is already proved to have happened once. Seriously inquire, why wouldn't it happen again? If we know it can happen (your life is living proof of the possibility of incarnation), what possible reasoning could you use to assert it won't happen again? In many ways, reincarnation takes less faith or inference than the idea that physical death is the permanent end. 

17 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Since you're talking about catalogues of examples there could be something to it, but I'm more likely to recontextualise it as not being literal

yup! I too do not have a direct realization of this. 

still, if we are not aiming for enlightenment in this life, ig it's better we don't get our hands on the dirt ; create better karma .

21 minutes ago, lmfao said:

But anytime you go into the domain of past lives or psychic powers the atmosphere is always vague with people discussing i

true true! many sound new agey and super convinced about them....not so appealing imfao xD

my mini-blog!

26 minutes ago, lmfao said:

If my eye cannot see it it doesn't exist

So you don't believe in (your) death?

Do you believe in change of form?

Why so serious?

10 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Do you recognize that the idea that there isn't reincarnation takes just as much, if not more inference than the idea of reincarnation? Again, "incarnation" is already proved to have happened once. Seriously inquire, why wouldn't it happen again? If we know it can happen (your life is living proof of the possibility of incarnation), what possible reasoning could you use to assert it won't happen again? In many ways, reincarnation takes less faith or inference than the idea that physical death is the permanent end. 

The re-incarnation belief system is about the self being preserved in a soul and leaving the body. I don't have a reason to believe it and part of this dialogue somewhat mirrors a theist asking an atheist to prove a negative  

10 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

So you don't believe in (your) death?

I was talking poetically as well there, but it is expressing a conviction 

Like obviously as a common sense person I believe in my own death. I've thought about death a lot 

10 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Do you believe in change of form?

Sure 

Edited by lmfao

@lmfao

So you do believe in a moment of death in which this apparent form will change into something different?

Then you believe in reincarnation, my friend. :P

Why so serious?

Death is nothing other than change of form btw, so you are actually dying and being reborn every single nanosecond of your (apparent) life.

Why so serious?

45 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

So you do believe in a moment of death in which this apparent form will change into something different?

Then you believe in reincarnation, my friend. :P

Dude, I saw this shit coming from a mile away the moment I granted your leading question lol.

Yes death is omnipresent 

Edited by lmfao

@KatiesKarma Hmmm I see 

@Gesundheit2 Yeah seems like it   

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

Dude, I saw this shit coming from a mile away the moment I granted your leading question lol.

Nice. Sometimes it takes only a little hint for us to recognize the obvious. ;)

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

Yes death is omnipresent 

It is an omnipresent illusion, yes. Same as life.

Death and life are but two illusory sides of the same illusory coin - reality itself.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?