lmfao

Why do so many people believe in re-incarnation on this forum?

67 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Carl-Richard The thought experiment does a much better job though at pushing an openness towards death than what you've wrote 

I was elaborating on the fallacious thinking around reincarnation.

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

Yeah. Sounds like trivial accounting work (being done) for an explanation, that we tell the people obsessed with re-incarnation and spiritual shit about global consciousness 

I don't understand.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I assume you turned "anti-reincarnation" because of Leo's ideas?  Be careful not to fall too deep into his ideology.  He's mostly right about things, but he has his biases and blind spots.

A "series of lives" is an experience in itself.  It adds another dimension to existence.  Each life on its own is an experience, but when you go from life to life, retaining/building some quality, that gives a whole additional layer of complexity to each life you have.

But if you have doubts.. remember we live in infinity.. if you want a soul, you should be able to get one if you want??

Edited by thisintegrated

What if someone can conscious about reincarnation? He/She can know other people past lives too.

I think there's 2 things to examine here--the relative and the absolute.

From an absolute perspective, like others have said, there's no separation and thus no "being" to be reincarnated at all.  

From the relative perspective, I could appreciate the *possibility* that a "soul" of sorts could exist in that it could represent a process of division becoming unified.  The "self" in all its forms stems from division, and this division need not be purely based on a single corporeal body's life (though it could be).  Essentially, I'm saying there could be any number of in-between arcs between living as humans and a grander reunification into the One (all of which would be part of the dream, but nonetheless they could "exist" just as we do).  Maybe enlightenment breaks part of this wheel or is the door to leveling up.  Who knows?  But I can appreciate a reasonable degree of agnosticism, as the complexity of reality even within the dream is unfathomable.

There are methods that can be utilized to explore this subject personally. All I have to say is that yes from an absolute perspective it's nonsense, but also keep in mind that the notion that are humans living on a planetary sphere is also nonsense from an absolute perspective(because it's all God pretending to be various finite forms). If you want to know whether or not reincarnation has any validity in this dream you'll just have to explore that possibility personally. So stay open to it, neither believing in it nor not believing in it. And realize that if you find reincarnation to be a part of this reality, it likely plays a major role in the evolutionary process(being that it's a mechanism for consciousness to evolve/stagnate in its development, not the biological hypothetical kind of evolution that's presented to you in universities).

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Because people on this forum meditate hardcore.

Edited by Spence94