omar30

Why does God require faith ?

30 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

How does God require faith?

all religions basically talk about faith a lot I don't know why?

we can take a psychedelic to realize god directly so the question is can meditation work without faith? 

Faith is inherent to being, it's impossible to be alive without faith. The question is; where does your faith lie? You can have faith in yourself, the government, your work, your family, your skillset, your intelligence, your social skills etc.

Faith is unconditional trust you put in something or someone that you expect you can lean on regardless the circumstances presented to you.

If you don't have faith in God, that means you do not trust him. If you can't trust someone or something means that you can't fully love it. You will be constantly questioning their intentions and actions, suspicous what they will do. This distrust boils down to a deep fear.

In order to have a full relationship with God you have to let go of that distrust. Because the underlying fear is inhibiting that relationship. The only reason you have fear is because you feel cut off from God. So you have to surrender that fear by fully putting your trust in God, because God is the only thing you can fully trust if you analyze this reality.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Faith means "leting go". 

To have faith in God doesn't mean that you should believe in God, it means the exact opposite.

It means to let God go, let your images and beliefs about God go. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image."

Faith is also the attitude of Love. And to love is to let go. 

2 minutes ago, Tim R said:

It means to let God go, let your images and beliefs about God go. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image."

how to do that?

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

Faith means "leting go". 

To have faith in God doesn't mean that you should believe in God, it means the exact opposite.

Faith is also the attitude of Love. And to Love is to let go. 

That's nonsense. You can't have faith in nothing. You can only put your faith in something.

If I'm hanging on the side of the ledge of a high building I'm not just going to 'let go'. Because I know I will hit the ground like an exploding watermelon. That's what life is, we are hanging on the side of a ledge. Life could be over for us any day. But life would be unbearable if we lived life every second of everyday terrified of death. That's why we put faith in things that we can trust, things we can hold onto.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

How I sense it, "faith" has a bit different connotation than "belief".

Faith is joyful, loving, free thought. Belief is holding on to thought.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@vizual You misunderstood what I said. I didn't say you should let go of the building or any such nonsense. 

You will understand when existence starts loosing it's ground

Edited by Jakuchu

What does God -- the only God; not merely an offshoot of God -- experience right now? If you're honest, it's clearly unimaginable -- and that's true.

But... It's certainly not exactly what seems to be happening here and now, and not something other than that... duh... Right? Wrong.

This is the absolute. There is no other.

Unconditional. 

Even “God” is going way, way, way to far. 

Let alone all the thought stories, falsities, misunderstandings and conjectures which then ensue (discord). 

Let go to get back (alignment). 

A change in churches and therein faith was witnessed in this lifetime. Churches were about communion, about your knowing and feeling of unconditional love, and the joy of the unfolding of your understanding in this communion. But alas, man can be greedy via thought attachment, or “self” centered thoughts, and church was essentially infected with human ambition, on the pillars of; meaning, purpose, and value. And it seems to have become more of growing a business than about anyone else. Three cups rockin, peanut long been lost. And of course, isn’t working, as in, ‘numbers’ are down. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

god needs a ton of faith since the world will tell you forget it man it is all bs ... you have to do the journey solo ... takes a lot of faith

6 hours ago, omar30 said:

the question is can meditation work without faith? 

In that case:

My meditation practice wouldn't have gotten off the ground without faith in the process. Years ago, I read Culadasa's TMI. Since I already had two experiences of cosmic oneness (on LSD), I knew that my imagination of the impossibility of higher states was just that. The faith was quite labored until first jhana -- then faith was no longer required, it was simply my reality that profound states of consciousness could be reached with meditation. None of that really has anything to do with God or enlightenment though. You never reach "God" or enlightenment by perfecting your dream state (i.e. meditation) -- you do so by stripping it away and breaking free (i.e. self inquiry, desire for truth, fearlessness, and utterly radical skepticism [everything you see might as well be a total lie])... Takes quite a bit of desire and passion, and (imo) solitude, and is certainly not achieved through aversion to suffering or fear of death.

Edited by The0Self

faith as surrender. Stop trying to be, abandon yourself, have faith in God, reality, merge with it without opposing the slightest resistance, and you will be swimming in an ocean of love of which you were always a part, although due to your lack of faith, you fought, you opposed, remaining separated, walking alone through the desert, determined, fast, believing that there was a destination to reach, when everything was right here, now

14 hours ago, Tim R said:

Faith means "leting go". 

Your turn of phrase is very helpful, it triggered another thought. We say 'faith IN God', not 'faith OF God'. 

Therefore, it means 'letting go IN God', not letting go OF God'. 

Collapses the separation between me and God, doesn't it? That's what's being let go of ;) 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Faith is a concept that some Christian theologians made up when they moved God up into the sky and away from direct experience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

21 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Faith is a concept that some Christian theologians made up when they moved God up into the sky and away from direct experience.

The notion of faith is deeper than this, I would say.

Faith is a tool for grounding, what you decide to put your faith in is up to you. It could be money, fame, sex, religion, science and many other aspects of reality...etc, etc.

Ultimately, one needs to have faith in the highest aspect of reality .. which is Truth itself.

Edited by Terell Kirby

15 hours ago, Tim R said:

How does God require faith?

:)

How does Faith require god?

In the exact same way God requires faith.

Edited by The0Self