JayFueel

Evil is real. Prove me otherwise.

62 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, The Rainmaker said:

@The0Self A true Buddha teaches all of his students accordingly to the spiritual level they're at. I think this guy needs to be more grounded in the mundane right now. That doesn't mean I don't agree with you because I do. It's just that someone who's battling for his life because of concepts like solipsism doesn't need to get twisted into more metaphysical word games. 

It’s all good. The further context, however, is that I already discussed this with him earlier in PM. So it’s already too late on the one hand, and on the other he didn’t seem to be exhibiting any serious existential rumination. At least nowhere nearly as bad as I did or as badly as it would have to seem for me to shut up about it. At least not at the time. I’m certainly not saying I’m right and you’re wrong though.

Edited by The0Self

@The Rainmaker it's literally no teacher but fucking him @Leo Gura if I had a dollar for every douche comment, arrogant remark, solipsistic claim, nihilistic views, calling people fucking stupid. Saying there is so much love it's traumatic, I had a traumatic experience I imagined my mom. I want to reach out to other but other is a projection of your own mind. It feels like you're going insane it feels like you're insane and want to put a gun in your mouth. How I am all alone and by reaching out to other I am reaching out to myself. How maybe to wake up you need to put a gun in your mouth @The0Self then saying it's ego bullshit and truth doesn't make you feel shitty when I say I want to fucking killmyself. Fuck any bullshit happening in life either. 

Edited by Iesu

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

Just now, The0Self said:

It’s all good. The further context, however, is that I already discussed this with him earlier in PM. So it’s already too late on the one hand, and on the other he didn’t seem to be exhibiting any serious existential rumination. At least nowhere nearly as bad as I did or as badly as it would have to seem for me to shut up about it. I’m certainly not saying I’m right and you’re wrong though.

He did end up saying it freaks him out less to hear think that other people don't exist rather than that they do, so in that case, and also knowing that you PMed him, I obviously retract that line of reasoning. But it just sounds like he's gotten to the point of destructive nihilism. 

Hid a comment that seemed incongruent with the discussion upon seeing posts that I’d missed. Thought I’d be able to unhide them but apparently not lol.

4 hours ago, Iesu said:

idrc  I feel like shit everyday and have been for the past 2 years. Spirtuality has been a fucking nightmare of solipsism and nihilism. Half the worlds population could die so what? just a fucking dream 

Spirituality is mostly for people with serious mental illness. Connor Murphy is an example of a typical spiritual person... It will not cure anyone of their psychosis/schiz/whatever else.

People with mental illness ought to steer very clear. Humans are evolved to not ever experience certain things.

Just a reminder to stay on op discussion and not derail the thread. Thanks.

@JayFueel

It’s not that there are two which are one in the same, it’s that there are not two. 

Buddha, “empty your cup”. 

Jesus, “make fertile soil”. 

Rupert Spira, “Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Spirituality is mostly for people with serious mental illness. Connor Murphy is an example of a typical spiritual person... It will not cure anyone of their psychosis/schiz/whatever else.

People with mental illness ought to steer very clear. Humans are evolved to not ever experience certain things.

This is completely wrong. Spirituality is actually the most beneficial for those with brain damage and mental illness. It's just that you need to have commitment. This guy's problem is 100% that he still drinks alcohol and smokes nicotine, not that he has mental illness. I had brain damage from multiple accidents that manifested in the form of suicidal ideations, autism, OCD, and most particularly PTSD as well, and spirituality allowed me to rise from certain death, a situation where people in my life were beginning to think it'd be more humane to just let me drink myself to death than to force me to face the music. Trust me, this guy needs to flush out the toxins he's putting into his body and things will start going a lot better for him, I say that as somebody reaping in limitless rewards from only three months of sobriety from these aforementioned toxins. 

On 2021-12-18 at 3:40 PM, JayFueel said:

To you who think evil and good are one in the same, I challenge you to live it out by recording yourself harming an innocent person. It should be easy enough to not get caught if you’re careful. You cannot do it because you’re intellectually dishonest.

The intellect is for survival

Life is found now, this very moment, drop the i just for a half a second

The intellects job is to maintain the thought of you, it has no other job than to do that

Here, Now is always and will always be what there is 

@Iesu   Could you say, that in your experience so far with spirituality, this solipsism/nihilism is proof of evil?

2 hours ago, The Rainmaker said:

This is completely wrong. Spirituality is actually the most beneficial for those with brain damage and mental illness. It's just that you need to have commitment. This guy's problem is 100% that he still drinks alcohol and smokes nicotine, not that he has mental illness. I had brain damage from multiple accidents that manifested in the form of suicidal ideations, autism, OCD, and most particularly PTSD as well, and spirituality allowed me to rise from certain death, a situation where people in my life were beginning to think it'd be more humane to just let me drink myself to death than to force me to face the music. Trust me, this guy needs to flush out the toxins he's putting into his body and things will start going a lot better for him, I say that as somebody reaping in limitless rewards from only three months of sobriety from these aforementioned toxins. 

There are plenty of non-psychotic people who get wasted every weekend. Many non-psychotic people who smoke.

Spirituality does not cure autism, and makes schizophrenia worse.

58 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

There are plenty of non-psychotic people who get wasted every weekend. Many non-psychotic people who smoke.

I've heard from students of Culadasa who had Schizophrenia could actually just let their voices be and observe them. So I don't buy your belief.

Edited by Nadosa

I would say that God is inherently good. And there is a varying degree of lacking goodness in the world which comes from ignorance and fear. So good is absolute, whereas evil only exists as a relative to good. Even the worst evil still contains a little bit of good, whereas absolute good does not contain any evil. That's why good eventually prevails over evil.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

Things like autism and schizophrenia as well as PTSD and OCD are most commonly reflections of brain damage

And which do you think is a better alternative for treating brain damage? Is it alcohol, which further damages the brain and gets people into situations where they're more likely to endure trauma like violence and sexual assault? Or is it meditation and psychedelics, which are hailed for their powers of neuroplasticity? 

This is a no-brainer. Saying that spirituality is only for people who don't have mental illness is like saying chemotherapy is only for people who don't have cancer. If there's nothing wrong with your brain then why would you need neuroplasticity? I'm starting to think that some of you just do this for fun and games. 

And no, spirituality will not cure autism on its own, but it has the capacity to if you have the willpower to face the music. It's just that such a thing is an absolutely brutal endeavor. I'm not just saying this as a theoretical either. My brain damage was so bad that I could hardly make eye contact (literally, there was something wrong on a neuro-ocular level). I had communicative issues to the point of basically being selectively mute-- that's why I liked alcohol to begin with, because it helped me come out of my shell. 

Now, I have overcome so many biological barriers that it literally spooks the people around me. 

This kind of stuff we're talking about catalyzes medical miracles. Facing trauma is often necessary for the pure reasoning that memory is a vital function of the brain.

@Nadosa @RMQualtrough Yeah mindfulness and steadiness of attention can be very powerful against mental disorders. But sometimes, spirituality as a whole, and viewing society itself as one big conspiracy (which it pretty much is), can perhaps be exacerbating of such conditions. Although if taken all the way, it leads to a very radical form of sanity.

Edited by The0Self

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

@Nadosa @RMQualtrough Yeah mindfulness and steadiness of attention can be very powerful against mental disorders. But sometimes, spirituality as a whole, and viewing society itself as one big conspiracy (which it pretty much is), can perhaps be exacerbating of such conditions.

Absolutely. It has the power to help or hinder depending on mindset, outlook, framework, etc. I mean, hell, I'm of the belief, as it says in Midnight Gospel, that "there are no good or bad drugs-- it's the human relationship with drugs that are bad."

Of course, looking at life as one big conspiracy is potentially very counterintuitive and is the type of thing that can lead to psychosis. But believe it or not, sometimes people are keeping secrets from you that could really change your life. I found out only a couple months ago that my brain damage was from an accident when I was one that required emergency brain surgery. Up until that point, I was always told that my brain damage was congenital. I even found out that there were two severe medical incidents where I sustained more brain damage while I was drunk that were kept from me because doctors thought I'd be unable to handle it.

You cannot imagine the extent to which this changed my perspective. This information was so liberating that it's helped me to completely kick alcohol from my life and it's helped me to control tantrums of PTSD that were previously basically uncontrollable. 

Sometimes, you need to face the murky things in life in order to overcome your issues. You can't have a rainbow without the rain.