Gregory1

How do you define God?

57 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Gregory1 said:

Intellectual understanding of God (on a relative level) is crucial to realizing the actuality of things on deeper and deeper levels. Throwing intellect out the window is  like killing the baby before it has even grown up... Grow up guys, stop your spiritual bypassing

Yes. However, any relative understanding of God, is no understanding of God at all.

5 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Intellectual understanding of God (on a relative level) is crucial to realizing the actuality of things on deeper and deeper levels. Throwing intellect out the window is  like killing the baby before it has even grown up... Grow up guys, stop your spiritual bypassing.

I think you're wrong about this, personally.

Apparently.

4 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Intellectual understanding of God (on a relative level) is crucial to realizing the actuality of things on deeper and deeper levels.

Intellectualization can also be used as a distraction from going inward, and doing the necessary (often grueling) task of isolation to come to your own insights. I am just advising everyone to recognize that discussions about God on this forum has its limits .. don't put all your chips in one basket.

This forum will be the least effective method to your awakening, quite honestly.

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Yes. However, any relative understanding of God, is no understanding of God at all.

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@The0Self

Yes. Obviously. But also - intellectual understanding of God is crucial to align everyday life with the Truth of things. This then can lead to a more loving and fearless and therefore a more godlike life.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

6 minutes ago, axiom said:

I think you're wrong about this, personally.

In  this case, from his previous threads and trip reports, i do believe he grasps the difference between actuality and concept,....with that in mind its OK to conceptualize and describe what God is - he understands that the finger pointing to the moon is not the moon..(it is at the same time, but you get my drift)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Gregory1

Well, how are you so sure the way you’re already going about this isn’t spiritual bypassing, and not ‘grown up’, as you say? 

Well, I asked for Intellect. Simple, narrow human intellect.

Why? Because my everyday state is simple and narrow.

I am aware of the fact that God is not the words that are pointing to it. But also from my direct experiences of God I have to conclude, that having a good intellectual understanding of God and of how it works helps me extremely to go deeper into it.

So I am on this forum and ask for a pragmatical thing: More words and better intellectual understanding.

And then the "monks" of the forum immidiately come in and say: "well man, but intellect is not God"... 

Yes monk, I know that. Still, I asked for INTELLECT. Because I NEED and WANT my intellect, and because it HELPS ME.

If this is a problem for you, please don't comment on my threads. By the way - any comment you ever made on this forum was intellect, it is not possible to use words without intellect since words are merely, and always will be concepts.

Didn't mean to insult, just annoyed of your bypassing. Intellect is crucial and is the only thing we ever do here on this forum.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

15 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@The0Self

Yes. Obviously. But also - intellectual understanding of God is crucial to align everyday life with the Truth of things. This then can lead to a more loving and fearless and therefore a more godlike life.

I think that you can take some of the wisdom imparted by direct experience of God and use it to improve your life at the relative human level, absolutely. For example, striving to embody love and compassion as much as you possibly can as a human; or completely forgiving everyone who has ever hurt you, no matter what they've done - because you realise that their actions were borne out of not truly knowing love.

What you can't do, in my opinion, is circumscribe God itself using words. And that's what you've asked for here. This is like trying to paint something white using only black paint (you seem to know this in any case).

If you had asked instead what the biggest lessons were that people have learned from their revelations of God (I think this might actually be your question, in fact) then I reckon you'd have had some more satisfying responses.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

I think that you can take some of the wisdom imparted by direct experience of God and use it to improve your life at the relative human level, absolutely. For example, striving to embody love and compassion as much as you possibly can as a human; or completely forgiving everyone who has ever hurt you, no matter what they've done - because you realise that their actions were borne out of not truly knowing love.

What you can't do, in my opinion, is circumscribe God itself using words. This is like trying to paint something white using only black paint.

Well, it IS possible. This is all that Leo is doing on his channel. And this extremely speed up my process of trancsending the words and realizing the actuality of God. And yes. The words are pointers. They are not the moon.

You are Love.

*relishing a breath inward and then outward*

Focus awareness on it until the outer environment looks illuminated and clear.

God.

3 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

The words are pointers. They are not the moon.

The map is not the territory, and yet it is. 

Your OP is like one tree asking another tree what a forest is.. can all these trees kindly get out of my way so I can see the forest?!

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Gregory1

But you are the words that are pointing. 

Again, no mocking, not meant that way… who’s state(s), who’s intellect, who’s experience(s) of God, who’s intellectual understanding, who is going deeper into it? What’s “it”? 

How do more words (here) equate to better intellectual understanding, when all words are already you, and the context implied by the words is hearsay, which you can only believe or not - implications which do not equate to so called direct experience? 

18 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

And then the "monks" of the forum immidiately come in and say: "well man, but intellect is not God"... 

These are so to speak, your words. This is an interpretation of what was said, not what was said. 

Again, if this route is ‘working’, as in resonating, why the mockery like “monks”?  

God realized, as you say, taking this at your word, who needs and wants, who is the my of my intellect? 

If this is a problem for you, please don't comment on my threads. By the way - any comment you ever made on this forum was intellect, it is not possible to use words without intellect since words are merely, and always will be concepts.

How is this seen to be a problem for a me? There is no direct experience of a problem here. 

Even if so, how does exclusion resolve? 

Comments are not intellect, nor are comments ‘made from’ intellect. Comments are comments, comments are you, and this is realized, isn’t it so? 

Didn't mean to insult, just annoyed of your bypassing. Intellect is crucial and is the only thing we ever do here on this forum.

With love, and again, no shenanigans here… if you insulted, and didn’t mean to, why is that not the order of the day? Why looking toward intellectualizing instead? 

Who precisely is believed to be ‘bypassing intellect’? 

To who is intellect crucial? 

To who is this ‘the only thing we ever do here’? 

To who is there we? 

This is actualized.org, not intellectualized.org. After ‘returning’ Home, is not the order of the day this Celebration and the life unfolding there in? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Gregory1

But you are the words that are pointing. 

Again, no mocking, not meant that way… who’s state(s), who’s intellect, who’s experience(s) of God, who’s intellectual understanding, who is going deeper into it? What’s “it”? 

How do more words (here) equate to better intellectual understanding, when all words are already you, and the context implied by the words is hearsay, which you can only believe or not - implications which do not equate to so called direct experience? 

These are so to speak, your words. This is an interpretation of what was said, not what was said. 

Again, if this route is ‘working’, as in resonating, why the mockery like “monks”?  

God realized, as you say, taking this at your word, who needs and wants, who is the my of my intellect? 

How is this seen to be a problem for a me? There is no direct experience of a problem here. 

Even if so, how does exclusion resolve? 

Comments are not intellect, nor are comments ‘made from’ intellect. Comments are comments, comments are you, and this is realized, isn’t it so? 

With love, and again, no shenanigans here… if you insulted, and didn’t mean to, why is that not the order of the day? Why looking toward intellectualizing instead? 

Who precisely is believed to be ‘bypassing intellect’? 

To who is intellect crucial? 

To who is this ‘the only thing we ever do here’? 

To who is there we? 

This is actualized.org, not intellectualized.org. After ‘returning’ Home, is not the order of the day this Celebration and the life unfolding there in? 

I am sorry to say that, but from my point of view this comment completely lacks intellectual and logical structure. It is as if you are speaking another language...

I can't understand what you are writing.

One thing I can see clearly though: All your statements and "answers" so far have nothing to do with my request. I asked for a definition of God. Can you give one? If no, stop replying please.

You are Love.

2-to-infinity-and-beyond-_Teal.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them