Vivaldo

Why are modern men so weak?

86 posts in this topic

I recently rewatched the cult classic Fight Club by Fincher. I realised that the entire movie is about how a man struggles to find his place in society. He then envisions himself as the perfect version of himself to express his repressed emotions. These men start a fight club were they supposedly find relief after beating the shit out of each other which apparently is leading them to be more manly.... He also aspires for a strong father figure.

This flick directly targets the insecurities of men and makes us wonder why modern men are so juvenile and weak. As this is detrimental to both men and women in a larger context.

Let me know why do you think men are struggling and the possible solutions.

Edited by Vivaldo

9 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

@Opo I don't claim that lol

But you implied it in your title.

Beating the sh*t out of each other doesn't make a man strong.

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

But you implied it in your title.

Beating the sh*t out of each other doesn't make a man strong.

Watch the flick, it's a case study of depressed men

18 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

Leo: What they need is 5-MeO up the ass. Now that is how you become a real man :) 

last ned.png

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

23 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

So what? Still doesn't make a strong man.

@Vivaldo  Your interpretation of the film is incomplete. it does not incorporate the existence of space-monkeys, men that followed Tyler into their own demise, and were trained by being dehumanized.

In truth, Fight-club is a commentary on how a persons interior rots when they follow conventional, pre-destined paths led out by society. This is exemplified by the protagonist, a nameless character that is deeply unhappy with his life, to the point where he has a schizophrenic breakdown where he develops an alter-ego to vent his frustrations. Tyler is, in essence, the protagonist's will to destroy that is created because of repressed unhappiness and status games. Tyler's destructive nature is shown throughout the film and he is not an edgy character that is detached from society. He is actively destructive towards himself, other people and institutions. He hates himself, Marla, and space-monkeys. Ultimately, he shoots the protagonist in the face and blows up Wall street.

Weak, purposeless men that are not connected to themselves are attracted to Tyler for the same reason the Protagonist created him. If you find Tyler attractive, watch the hell out.

Let me say this again. Tyler is not a strong character, a perfect man. Tyler is the embodiment of repressed anger and destruction that men seek when they are unhappy. Fight club is a study on trauma and how it shows up in masculine expression.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Upto 19th century every men were warriors.after that because of many things like feminism,divorces and father leaving sons to be raised by mother ,outlawing violence,rise of industrialisation and poor work life balance etc resulted in men being less manly .if u wanna read the bible of how to be a man then read way of men by jack donovan

Edited by itachi uchiha

Post-modernist feminist indoctrination from a young age through media and schooling(from elementary school up to university). It created a culture where men cannot be themselves anymore without being attacked for 'toxic-masculinity'. Subjective feelings have taken over precedence over objective truth. Telling the truth will get you fired, cancelled or attacked verbally or physically by a mob. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

32 minutes ago, vizual said:

Post-modernist feminist indoctrination from a young age through media and schooling(from elementary school up to university). It created a culture where men cannot be themselves anymore without being attacked for 'toxic-masculinity'. Subjective feelings have taken over precedence over objective truth. Telling the truth will get you fired, cancelled or attacked verbally or physically by a mob. 

Yeah well that's a necessary step in the evolution of mankind.

That's just the toxic stage green overeaction, it will pass eventually.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Now that is how you become a real man

That's how you realize you were never a man at all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We don't have a good system for training men how to be men.

Since there is no good system, toxic systems are developed like redpill, blackpill, pickup, RSD, etc.

7 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

You can still do whatever the fuck you want as a man

You can, but systems are needed to guide the majority of men who are otherwise clueless and lost.

"Just help yourself" is not a scalable societal solution. It's too hard to figure out on your own.

did anybody even watch that movie? how can you even discuss about it if the storyline seems to be missing some of the essentials. who exactly beats up whom? it’s a bit annoying, if even the basics are twisted.

11 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yeah well that's a necessary step in the evolution of mankind.

That's just the toxic stage green overeaction, it will pass eventually.

You could argue the same thing for the Holocaust, as a necessary cultural step in the evolution of society. That does not mean we should stand by and say it will pass eventually. Because if everyone adopted that mentality it won't pass, it wins and stays.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 minutes ago, vizual said:

You could argue the same thing for the Holocaust, as a necessary cultural step in the evolution of society. That does not mean we should stand by and say it will pass eventually. Because if everyone adopted that mentality it won't pass, it wins and stays.

Let go or be dragged.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Since there is no good system, toxic systems are developed like redpill, blackpill, pickup, RSD, etc.

I dont know about rsd but black pill is toxic.redpill is 90% on point and is eye opening.people like u who never went through an extreme,crippling suffering poopoo redpill and the large mindless followers blindly follows ur deamonization of redpill

Edited by itachi uchiha

6 minutes ago, vizual said:

I didn't say to do nothing, just that acceptance and understanding is much much better if you want to go through anything in life than demonization and blaming :D

I'm the first one to roll my eyes and say that toxic green go way to far, stage orange and green hates me xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them