Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aetheroar

Why can infinity cause fear?

25 posts in this topic

This post will be written using language, which is inherently dualistic and that is recognized. This is the egoic brain typing out of curiousity of why recognizing infinity would create fear for the ego...

It’s been seen on here multiple times from this perspective that infinity glimpses trigger fear. This has not been the experience on this end.

The conceptualization of infinity appears to mean Existence never ends, which to this particular brain appears to be comparable to having found the fountain of youth, the end of fear, the end of misinterpretation, the end of suffering, and the beginning of the closing of the circle of thought.

Fear has been mostly non-existent through “my life”, so glimpsing infinity (and really all awakening moments so far) for “me” was one of the greatest, most blissful moments “I’ve” had.

Is it that the recognition of Infinity is filtered through the egoic mind and is triggering feelings of worthlessness or unimportance for the “personal self”?

If Infinity scares you, please let me know why?

Love,

Love

From what “l” have been shown so far: 

Infinity means the end of the separate doer. The end of ego. 
The ego realizes that it cannot box Infinity for it to work in its favor. 
The ego cant be selfish anymore, when it glimpses Infinity.

The ego wants to be in duality and be able to manipulate the small things it can manipulate. Until “time” is up, until next lifetime or next dream. It loves to stall.

But Infinity means “uncontrollable” for the ego. So it fears that. And we identify ourselves with that “thought” and say: “Infinity is scary.” Or I am scared of Infinity”

And this was shown when I glimpsed God Realization: The ego saw it, and instantly denied it. Because it knows itself to be Unworthy of this Beauty.

My ego wanted to be able to say I did this, I created this. But see, there is no me in this Infinity, and the ego knows it perfectly. And therefore the sense/feeling of Unworthiness arises.

The ego never did anything, never was anyone. Other than a veil, a cloud in the sky. And just there really to be unveiled. For God/Infinity to experience itself. Only to vanish in its own depths again.

Basically “Emptiness Dancing”

(Also lovely book by Adyashanti)

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

It seems to be an important distinction that something which is nonexistent can not want something. This means that the feeling of wanting must be real because non-existent things do not exist, but the feeling of wanting is not the “wanting” and so the ego must simply be illusiory/misinterpretation. Huh. This one hit home, thank you!

So the ego didn’t see it, the ego is just confusion, because the ego can’t see.

Confusion can’t because it’s not :x

@aetheroar Different types of conditioning will trigger different reactions to the same or similiar experiences.

Like going to a party and talk to strangers. For some that is joyful and for others it's quite a fearful experience.

Because infinity is absolute truth, and mind is about survival. The truth can be absurdly scary to the mind, because it reveals it's falseness. 

There is no fear once you reach Infinity and that is because at the point the finite self is dead. But that's precisely what causes fear for a finite self. What you fear is death and what you don't realize is that death is Love.

You can't reach Infinity without going through a death process.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what if the death of self was not feared from the beginning? What if the conceptual mind, through the ego itself, recognized itself as the enemy to what the ego always wanted?

Not saying there was no death process, just that it doesn’t have to be feared.

Edited by aetheroar

It is too stressful on the human system. You need to be willing to take in alot of responsibility which everyone is avoiding to do and for a very good reason.

Fear gets triggered to help avoid the ego from imploding.

That which has a beginning and an end, is not. The black hole of non-being on both sides fills God with fear and so God looks away... Having successfully bamboozled itself, God celebrates... By living as you.

5 hours ago, aetheroar said:

@Leo Gura what if the death of self was not feared from the beginning? What if the conceptual mind, through the ego itself, recognized itself as the enemy to what the ego always wanted?

Not saying there was no death process, just that it doesn’t have to be feared.

If you didn't fear death you'd be dead long ago.

Creatures who do not fear death are all dead.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't reach Infinity without going through a death process.

In retrospect, many parts of me which 'died' are not really dead, but rather transcended and seen for what they truly are. It seems like it's only the fear (bottom end of the emotional scale by Abraham Hicks) which makes death feel so real. Once you go through a death process of some sorts, you recognize that really nothing is lost.

Though he's flying high, the bird still has its legs, and uses them if needed.

What are your thoughts?

The finite is lost to the infinite.

it is terrifying to the ego because it is totally undefined, nothing to hold on to. total death for the ego, which is definition

@Leo Gura These are deeply opinionated beliefs, Leo:

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you didn't fear death you'd be dead long ago.

Creatures who do not fear death are all dead.

Not trying to argue here, just saying that the direct experience throughout life has not included fear of death.

“I” have done freesolo rock climbing, freesolo highlining (slacklining ~400’ above ground), and many other things that should have probably triggered a fear response but didn’t.

Fear of death is not the only thing that keeps one alive. Another would be love of life :x

The infinity experience from this perspective was like: reality dropped out infinitely in both directions, at full infinite speed. Yellow leaf? Yeah right brah!, that’s infinitely It (exactly that sensation) through and through, infinitely in infinite directions, and every other “point” is that was too. The mind is a perfect mirror at this point, no distortion to the reflection, so that equates to the entirety of everything appearing as itself in the same way as the “leaf”. Infinite bliss, laughter occuring because there’s nothing but love. How to even express it?! It’s so infinitely complete!

“I” set intention before psychedelics that if I did physically die (and I accept that possibility very much) that everything is in order to make that process easiest on those around me. Dunno...seems unlikely that fear of death is actually a prerequisite for survival.

20 hours ago, aetheroar said:

If Infinity scares you, please let me know why?

If you'd become conscious of Infinity, you won't be there with fear even though Infinity is seen.

There were two experiences in October when I had a recontextualization of this being Infinite and this body being finite (it was really a conceptualization). Then there was fear of losing my mind because of the direct feeling of me being already dead and never having been alive. That was still the bodily reaction to the mind's conceptualization... It was happening in a drop which imagined to be part of the ocean. The drop imagined it wouldn't exist at all because of the vastness of the ocean. There was a separation between Infinity and finite even though it was imagined that there is only this. There was holding on to being a drop. There was the fear to be not the drop anymore in the ocean. There was a fear of losing all the beliefs which seemed to characterize a drop. It's projecting all the shadow parts onto Infinity.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@EmptyVase This:

6 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

In retrospect, many parts of me which 'died' are not really dead, but rather transcended and seen for what they truly are. It seems like it's only the fear (bottom end of the emotional scale by Abraham Hicks) which makes death feel so real. Once you go through a death process of some sorts, you recognize that really nothing is lost.

Though he's flying high, the bird still has its legs, and uses them if needed.

What are your thoughts?

One can definitely transcend something through understanding its unreality without actually needing to face it in a fearful way. Imagine someone had a fear of heights, but they trusted bunjee cords more than anything ever. Jumping off a bridge with a bunjee cord does not necessitate the fear of heights to be triggered, because the situation is understood to be safe. So if one understands that infinity means infinite Love and infinite Life, why would it cause fear? To who would this fear be caused?

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

it is terrifying to the ego because it is totally undefined, nothing to hold on to. total death for the ego, which is definition

Notice that the ego is actually undefined as well :P the ego appears within infinity, and it’s never been defined in any way. It’s an incomplete thought loop that hasn’t been investigated completely.

10 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

If you'd become conscious of Infinity, you won't be there with fear even though Infinity is seen.

There were two experiences in October when I had a recontextualization of this being Infinite and this body being finite (it was really a conceptualization). Then there was fear of losing my mind because of the direct feeling of me being already dead and never having been alive. That was still the bodily reaction to the mind's conceptualization... It was happening in a drop which imagined to be part of the ocean. The drop imagined it wouldn't exist at all because of the vastness of the ocean. There was a separation between Infinity and finite even though it was imagined that there is only this. There was holding on to being a drop. There was the fear to be not the drop anymore in the ocean. There was a fear of losing all the beliefs which seemed to characterize a drop. It's projecting all the shadow parts onto Infinity.

That last sentence appears to sum it up best. Can definitely see how the shadows get infinitized the same way.