Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Why do other people behave as if I have a head?

41 posts in this topic

There is no head in my direct experience so that means that I don't have it. But other people often comment something about it as if it really exists. Why is that the case? Is that in order to keep the illusion of having a head alive?

Dont be silly. You clearly have a head, havent you ever had a headache?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There is no head in my direct experience so that means that I don't have it. 

You are right, when God awakens to itself, all that exists are appearances. When communicating with humans, there is no personal head (or body for that matter) present in that moment. You only really get to see the head of your character and it's body parts when looking at a mirror or some other reflective source.

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But other people often comment something about it as if it really exists.

You are imagining the other people, along with their comments and assumptions about existence. Deeply contemplate this.

19 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Dont be silly. You clearly have a head, havent you ever had a headache?

This is correct from the materialist paradigm that uses science as new religious dogma. But we are talking about something much greater here .. biology and physiology are peanuts compared to the magnitude of God realization.

Edited by Terell Kirby

3 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This is correct from the materialist paradigm that uses science as new religious dogma. But we are talking about something much greater here .. biology and physiology are peanuts compared to the magnitude of God realization.

Lmao dude, careful with that spiritual ego. 

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Lmao dude, careful with that spiritual ego. 

You're welcome to think I have a spiritual ego .. but Truth is Truth .. has nothing to do with me :)

@Rilles You should read The Headless Way by Douglas Harding, it will completely change your view on this subject.

@Terell Kirby Interesting explanation. So I'm basically creating them commenting about my head to keep myself deluded that I have it. 

56 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

You're welcome to think I have a spiritual ego .. but Truth is Truth .. has nothing to do with me :)

Without you, there is no truth nor falsehood. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

There is no head in my direct experience so that means that I don't have it. But other people often comment something about it as if it really exists. Why is that the case? Is that in order to keep the illusion of having a head alive?

Maybe you do have a head (or two) you just don't know it. ?

Punch realluuy hard and fast in direction of your visual field.

Tell us what happens.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Tell us what happens.

Yes or no? *belly laugh*

Edited by Rilles

@WelcometoReality I only see it when I look myself in the mirror but it's nowhere to be found in my direct experience.

@Shin Pain can be imagined as well as all the other body sensations but that doesn't prove its existence.

Edited by Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

Tell us what happens.

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yes or no? *belly laugh*

Lol?? Sadhguru be throwin hands

@Tyler Durden

It's either that or God is actually seeing your head through other people's eyes. Or hey, who knows, maybe it's both. In either case, I advise you not to mentally masturbate too much.

Quite frankly I think the notion that if its not in your experience it doesn't exist is false.

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@WelcometoReality I only see it when I look myself in the mirror but it's nowhere to be found in my direct experience.

@Shin Pain can be imagined as well as all the other body sensations but that doesn't prove its existence.

Yes, so you can believe you have a head and be aware that it's just a belief and that you don't actually know.

16 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Quite frankly I think the notion that if its not in your experience it doesn't exist is false.

It's about Knowing and believing you know and knowing that you are believing.

Edited by WelcometoReality

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Tempting humor aside, head and other people, actually are in direct experience. 

Love you man.Direct experience is the Truth ,it is God always.Can't be anything else.Now is Forever.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

"other people" have their own unique perceptions,feelings,emotions everything.God is not just absolutelly selfless but it also allows unlimited freedom.You can beleive in anything you want but actuality will always be actuality.

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes, so you can believe you have a head and be aware that it's just a belief and that you don't actually know.

It's about Knowing and believing and knowing that you are believing.

It's speculation. Your body isn't in my experience but it most likely still exists.

24 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

@WokeBloke try thinking more about it this way--->  If you can not experience something, does that something exist [for you]?    Can you think of anything that you know 'exists' but you have never experienced in some way, directly or otherwise?  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."