kray

Why does this forum feel so toxic?

17 posts in this topic

Maybe you haven’t browsed through rest of internet ? 

Relationships can be emotional and sometimes that gets expressed strongly on this forum.

There is also a lot of good advice here that can be focused on too.

"You Create Magic" 

Probably because of the snowflake phenomenon.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

There are some communities while large and public, can sti be overwhelmingly kind and compassionate. I'm part of a discord that is like this

Did you mean this subforum particularly? Or the whole forum

Edited by Jacob Morres

You know on YouTube when you watch a spiritual video and you see people in the comments who repeat phrases that other teachers use and have passive aggressive arguments on why they're right?

This is where they all come to ?. 

(This forum is cool, just taking a lil jab.)

This forum isn't toxic. I personally wouldn't call it that. A lot of people here sometimes thinks they are right about everything and can be presumptuous or overly outspoken which can be kinda annoying. I'm guilty sometimes of this as well. Don't take what people say about you or your issue here too seriously, it's just for getting ideas. Keep it in check and it can be very helpful, especially for recommendations on books and programs. 

Pay attention to how you may be contributing to the toxicity. I have fallen into the trap of judging others for being toxic on this forum, only to have realized that judging others as toxic, is actually toxic :)

If you’re inquiry is to this sub section more than the forum, it’s because thought attachment is ignored at the advising end. As an example, there is no toxicity in perception, only in projection. So it’s a matter of thought attachment & purification (aka ‘shadow work’), and not of fragmenting reality & dividing the population in one’s own lens to accommodate one’s own toxicity. In projecting unchecked toxicity with authority & confidence a ‘group think’ / ‘echo chamber’ is created, which is what conditioning in large part, is.  If you haven’t noticed that isn’t panning out in the world. 

In missing this, one inadvertently advises emotional suppression & conditioning, through advising the manipulation of other people to satisfy one’s own sexual urges and uphold one’s own false identity & self image. It is learning conditioning from the conditioned mind, manipulation from the manipulated mind, self referential narratives from the self referential mind, the blind leading the blind so to speak. I recall, when I first saw this section it turned my stomach. I wondered, how are people actually doing this and somehow digesting this? Why in the world wouldn’t someone take the time to ‘do the work’? But I am crazy, apparently. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 01/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

You know on YouTube when you watch a spiritual video and you see people in the comments who repeat phrases that other teachers use and have passive aggressive arguments on why they're right?

Shit, you've exposed me, reading these is one of my guilty pleasures xD

The forum isn't that bad. Relationships/dating is frustrating as hell, especially if you're not getting your needs met. A heavy proportion of posts here are guys blowing off steam and frustration, which is somewhat toxic. But at the same time, totally understandable. 

Better here than some incel type forum

On 11/1/2021 at 2:34 PM, Knowledge Hoarder said:

If you think this place is toxic, you are literaly fucked

Really non-toxicxD

Because sexuality is demonized as inferior in our culture in favor of more spiritual pursuits. This is classic ego game of splitting human nature into parts that are in opposition, which is entirely false.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 hours ago, Myioko said:

Leo's shadow side

Understanding what this means will probably be my only wish on my deathbed.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Yes but it mirrors reality that is why. In other parts of the forum you can lie to yourself and stay in the abstract. Talk about infinite love and all that bulls....eh beautiful stuff. Here you have to be real or you lose. Life is dirty and toxic. 

I don't know, it used to get to me, it gets to me less and less the more I focus on my own shit.
Maybe you're just not focused enough on things you wanna do that feel better than worrying about a toxic forum?
That's just my opinion, I thought about it, quite a lot.  And went full circle on how I feel about this place.

The more I focus on my own life and less on how I want things to be, the less anything seems to matter, and by proxy the less toxic it seems to be.
The point is:  It can be.  And if you are a person where atmosphere affects you strongly, then distance yourself from it.

Edited by Loba