Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

Thank you for your explanation. This is hard to understand, but you're opening my eyes to how far off I am. "Why can't a leaf crunch in a non-physical reality? How could you even distinguish between reality existing and not existing?" This is so interesting, and so baffling. I see I've been looking at it wrong; it's way deeper than I can probably imagine at this point.

"If you stopped believing that, reality might cease to be "real" and instead become just an illusion or a dream." This is a possibility that I want to believe, but at the moment just can't wrap my head around. I can't wait until I'm at a point where I can make this kind of a realization for myself. :D I have to go much deeper and work much harder to even scratch the surface of understanding.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. :) 

@Kloof It's not something you can believe. It's so radical it's unbelievable. You can only believe things your paradigm can imagine. And no paradigm can imagine Absolute Infinity or Nothingness. It's way too big for a mind to handle. The only way is by transcending mind. This is very challenging because everything you've ever experienced has been mind, so you don't know where to turn. You're stuck in mind for the time being.

But inquiry will slowly unravel your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Old Man welcome, so glad to see you here. 

@Shin @Kloof  I had a lucid dream, maybe two years ago. Realized I was dreaming while wandering around a flooded basement. "Holy shit, I'm dreaming! ..what do do? Ahh, I'll dip my bare toe into this water, see what that's like.." So, I dip my toe into the water, and distinctly, clearly, perfectly, in high-def and what even seemed like enhanced tactile sensitivity, that was the coldest, wettest water one could ever dip a toe in. I'll never forget it. That could just as easily been a leaf crunching under my foot.

So.. say this 'reality' is a consensus dream that we're not quite lucid within. Who's the dreamer? What does all this appear in? Does the fact that all our 'individuated consciousnesses' can perceive the same shit consistently in this dream possibly point to the fact that, originally, prior to our 'existence', there needed to be one dreamer. One original source of the of the contents of awareness. Awareness is IT. Consciousness is IT. You are THAT. When eternal, infinite, boundless self-aware consciousness, which is the only thing and absolutely no-Thing, in which time and space appear, (which can not directly know anyTHING but itself due to the fact that as soon as there's any object directly perceivable within it, it wouldn't be infinite and eternal), fools itself by forgetting itself and falling asleep.. that dream is our reality. When God falls asleep, we're the dream. 7 billion fully engaged and fully aware sub-dreamers with the innate power to evoke this 'reality' about 40 times a second, collectively. 'We', are the universe, slowly evolving itself and slowly waking up to the experience of 'itself'. Only our FINITE minds can directly perceive this world. But they are part of the dream.

Our individuated consciousnesses are altogether an illusion, that 'WE' EVOKE! Leo speaks about naive realism, consensus reality. Reality is not physical. Our perceptions ARE reality. The perceptions THEMSELVES are reality. There is no-thing 'out there', our perceptions are absolutely ALL THERE IS, it ends there. My clear clear, totally fucking real perception that 'my' toe was seeing and feeling cold, wet water occured, 'existed' in a damn dream! Now back that up one level, drop your paradigms, REALLY open up to the world of radical open-mindedness, and start taking Leo literally when he says 'lirterally' in his video episodes on enlightenment and 'reality'.

Go on over to the closed curtains in your bedroom. There's nothing behind them. Bulshit, you say - you yank them aside and 'Voila', there's that pesky real world right out there to prove reality is a real thing... 'out there'. Know how you can see only two inches of your hallway through the crack of the almost-closed bedroom door? - that's all of that hallway that actually exists. For your individuated, localized perspective, literally what you can see and sense is all there is. Perception IS reality. Another person walking down that hallway toward your bedroom? ...their perception is absolutely there reality, and for them, whether their 'conjured' brains are aware of it or not, there only exists, in 'reality', the two inches of the bedroom that they can see through that little space. 

How can two dreamers possibly be dreaming and evoking the same reality!!?? Where does this self consistency come from!? This is impossible!

One original SOURCE is how. 

When Source falls asleep, in order to play hide and seek with itself, just for the experience of it, it's first snore was the fountainhead of all creation. NATURE, in other words.

So...   you are THAT. Me too. Cool huh?

When Leo speaks of 'nothing behind the scenes' he knows that until you yank that curtain aside, there's fuck all out there. Close your eyes - all gone. 

We don't exist. That's why our individual importance and defensive, self-serving, protective, worried, frantic, obsessed, fearful little egos are so funny.

At least this is the way it's all unfolding for me, I could easily be totally ass-backwards and even further deluded than I have any idea of. Probably a good idea to check for yourself.

Damn, I gotta go to work, catch up later.

Start taking Leo literally literally. If you can stomach it.

@I Am That Considered it yes, but it's addictive and harmful to the body. So I tend to avoid that.

Do I hurt myself on this journey by doing affirmations such as "I am a millionaire"? Do these kinds of affirmations strenghten the false sense of self?

@Tuure That certainly doesn't help with enlightenment.

The whole point of enlightenment is to realize that being a millionaire is unimportant.

Am I pure Will?  Where does my will/desire come from?  I always imagine I am a direct lineage of phenomena from the first separation of this and that.  But if there is only Yin and Yang, then how did we get so much variety?  I think there must at the very least be a third trickster involved here.  Why am I (the non-entity writing this post) doing all this stuff in my head!?  And will all this stuff in my head ever lead to me getting what I want or will it just lead to more phenomena and more desires and more doing stuff in my head?

@MissMiki Will is just a feeling you have. You can deconstruct it. You don't really have it. Which is why you feel so weak and struggle so much with self-control.

There is INFINITE variety! It doesn't stop. The phenomenal world (Maya) is infinitely complex.

You are none of that. You are the emptiness within which Maya dances.

What is aware of all the variety? What is aware of the feeling of will?

There is nothing you can do within Maya to escape Maya. Because you are already free of Maya. You just have to grasp that.

Okay, I've noticed a separation of self several times, usually during an extreme emotional crisis.  One of me is in complete agony, and the other of me is just there.  For the sake of practicality, maybe imagining my other self as a "real" entity, sort of in the the back of my head, as kind of a celestial black hole type thing that always sounds like a deep AUM could be helpful for dis-enmeshing myself?  I know it's an illusion too, but I think it just might work!  Just like all this enlightenment coaching - it's all an illusion too right?

@MissMiki You're wasting time with fantasy. You must tackle this head-on. Grasp WHAT you are right now! You're it right now! What is aware?

@FirstglimpseOMG

Thank you for that excellent description! I appreciate the depth. I really want to understand what you mean. But like Leo said, I guess it's not something I can just believe, it's something I have to experience. You've helped open my mind to what I might experience though, so thank you very much.

I liked that you called us, "dreamers." :) That reminds me of the analogy in The 4 Agreements, one of my first life-changing books. I wonder if I'm wrong to be chasing logical explanations like this, but, you briefly mentioned "one original source" as an explanation for consensus reality. What do you mean by that?

@Leo Gura This one means a lot. I watched it multiple times. Enlightenment is much more than just enlightenment experiences. 

Edited by Key Elements

@Outer Gary Weber is wonderful, I am big fan.  Thanks for mentioning him.

@Kloof I've had some experiences in the last year that I'm still sorting out. It is very strange to have other massive 'realizations' as well, along the way here. Even stranger to have thought you'd figured something out after some big epiphany, only to learn months later that - no, I was wrong, that thing can't be right now that I know THIS thing. 

The 'one original source' thing is my way of saying God, or Source, or the Unity Field or whatever. My limited understanding at this point all points to 'God' or Infinity being all there really is (as nothingness, empty, non-dimensional, non-localized, self-aware, nothingness, that subsequently contains everything).. and it seems to me that that everyTHING, all the content of awareness, is only occuring within awareness, as perception manifested by our finite minds. Infinity cannot know anything finite, but it is self aware. In order for there to be a 'world' (universe), it must be perceived, and only a finite entity can know finite 'objects'... sooo.. infinity must sort of fall asleep and forget itself as boundless infinite self-aware loving nothingness, and dream up our finite minds in order to know anything but itself. So none of it is what you thought it was, ...Aaand, you're not what you thought you were. It's scary and silly-fucked when you start to put it all together. 'You' don't exist. We're dream-states, doing our own evoking of reality, through all our "individuated"  consciousnesses... so that the ONE original Source, or God, can have a chance to begin to 'know' something other than itself. When we, as individuated, finite minds start to wake up to that fact (become lucid, within this very convincing dream), it is "God" (empty self-aware no-THINGness), somehow beginning to become more and more lucid that it has created a 'reality' of diverse and separate object within the original dream. I'm surmising that consensus reality, the whole 'self-consistency' thang Leo speaks of is self-consistent only because the original Source is ONE. Utimately there is only ONE. We are all ONE. 

WTF eh?  

(I'm pretty new, so please forgive me if this is a horribly messed up, misrepresentation of 'reality', or existence.)

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Speling

... When Eckhart Tolle says "'We' are helping the universe slowly become aware of itself"...

Holy crap.

Hmmm, felt funny mis-quoting the master. On page 218 of 'A New Earth', Eckhart Tolle says; 

"There is something within you that has an affinity with space; that is why you can become aware of it. Aware of it? That's not totally true either because how can you become aware of space if there is nothing there to be aware of?

The answer is both simple and profound. When you are aware of space, you are not really aware of anything, except awareness itself - the inner space of consciousness. Through you, the universe is becoming aware of itself!"

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Punctuation

On 20.12.2016 at 0:30 AM, Leo Gura said:

Could my body and brain just be ideas?

@Leo Gura In direct experience the brain is an idea but the visible "physical" body isn't. I can see it whenever I want!

[insert quote here]

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

@Leo Gura In direct experience the brain is an idea but the visible "physical" body isn't. I can see it whenever I want!

So close your eyes. And now it's not visible. So can you be the (visual part of the) body then?

Don't overlook the obvious. If an experience ever disappears, even for a second, it cannot be you, can it?