Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

I start thinking I know what I'm talking about and then realize that I don't so much. I've found that watching Rupert Spira's collection of videos on Youtube shoots so much clarity and love through my whole being, beyond words, that in response to your dilemma I would whole-heartedly and confidently recommend soaking up as much Rupert as you possibly can for a week straight. Trust me on this one if you can.. he's got it going on in a special way. I'd rather cop-out and direct you there than think I have a way with words that would come close to helping you see and feel more clearly and directly like he manages to do. 

12 hours ago, PureExp said:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Is it possible to end this dream? Or at least ensure that it never repeats again?

You can awaken from it permanently. To awaken from a dream is to realize it isn't real.

But life will still continue because life isn't separate from nothingness. Nonduality includes duality.

Of course that body/mind could kill itself or perhaps "ascend". There are many reports of people ascending. So that may be an option. But don't get ahead of yourself. Catch a glimpse of what you are first.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course that body/mind could kill itself or perhaps "ascend". There are many reports of people ascending.

What does it mean to ascend? How to do it (if its in our control)?

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

12 hours ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

recommend soaking up as much Rupert as you possibly can for a week straight.

I have seen almost all his videos :D I agree, a real gem.

And also of his guru Francis Lucille. (And also contacted him directly via his online meetings). Highly recommended.

Edit: I'm preparing a list of teachers I found very useful, here it is : Teachers.

Edited by PureExp
link

48 minutes ago, PureExp said:

What does it mean to ascend? How to do it (if its in our control)?

To become so conscious you "exit" the body entirely. The body/mind dies. You become the infinite, I would assume, or move on to another non-ordinary reality frame.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're a million miles away from that right now and it's not something egos should deliberate upon.

Such things are not to be discussed publicly. It's for truly advanced yogis only who know what they're doing. No one here is an advanced yogi, so we have to know our limits. Some things in this work you cannot properly evaluate until you're deep into the work.

Who's this rupert

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Rupert Spira. Hands down my favourite non-dual teacher. 

This video is the latest on his channel, it actually gave me my first "a-ha" moment on the non existence of time.

Edited by quantum

@Leo Gura What do the Buddhist have that the Yogis don't have? An endogenous DMT release that destroys all sense of self and belief structures? Dogen and Suzuki say the point of zen is to cease all conscious thought, and that's how my, our friend Sean Webb thinks it happens. Endogenous is supposed to be stronger, as per accounts, so let us imagine what Siddhartha experienced at the moment of his awakening. An entire flush of EVERYTHING. Then he started teaching how to do it. Therevada came about, and  different schools spread eastward. Is there an account of this happening is yogic practices? I don't know. Do yogis do it without a flush, with practices just silencing the noise in the head, cleaning the body, and meditation through tons of age old techniques?  Possibly.  I'm just trying to get a perspective, and a look at the mechanics behind the two traditions for an attempt at dislodging inevitable fantasies. Buddhism is soooo tied in to ethics practice that it kills it for me sometimes. That's why I went straight to zen. Zen is pretty tough for the western mind. I feel westerners would be better off with Theravada type, unless actually at a zen training ground, not just pussy footing around at a get together group.  

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To become so conscious you "exit" the body entirely. The body/mind dies. You become the infinite, I would assume, or move on to another non-ordinary reality frame.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're a million miles away from that right now and it's not something egos should deliberate upon.

Such things are not to be discussed publicly. It's for truly advanced yogis only who know what they're doing. No one here is an advanced yogi, so we have to know our limits. Some things in this work you cannot properly evaluate until you're deep into the work.

I feel I (the ego I) hit a wall, no idea where the journey will take me from here. Hopefully something will reveal itself. I will keep trying to find a practical way to "exit", perhaps it will happen naturally. If I find it I will share it as usual. Hunt for a truly advanced yogi begins :D anyone knows where to start?

@PureExp You're wasting precious time. Start by sitting down and asking yourself, "What am I?" The rest will follow.

Without that, you won't be able to hear an advanced yogi even if he is lecturing at you through a megaphone.

The only thing standing between you and You, is you. Nothing is hidden.

@Joel3102 Go Rupert! He's reaching me like no other teacher has yet! 

Mooji opens and melts my heart.

Leo opens my eyes and exposes a whole world, creating revelations and shifting paradigms. He lso facilitated my first real introduction to non-duality, and shortly therafter, my first (holy ***!) actual non-dual experience (and much ongoing clarity since).

Echhart clues me in, and my heart and mind open, with many 'aha's while reading and listening.

Rupert Spira somehow inspires me to the nth degree, and instills a growing fascination in a way that I can't really describe. He slays me several times a day with that love, clarirty, and calm, knowing patience. I'm so grateful and intrigued by all!

@Leo Gura It is done. I know !

I try to be in that state as much as possible. Now waiting for the next step (if there is any). Now this human experience suddenly seems very limited. Why else would I ask that question?

7 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

@Loreena Rupert Spira. Hands down my favourite non-dual teacher.

This video is the latest on his channel, it actually gave me my first "a-ha" moment on the non existence of time.

Thanks. need to look him up.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Leo Gura if enlightenment does not give you emotional mastery at least can enhanced the body-mind in some degree to control your emotions in an acceptable level?

@Not a shaolin monk There is no you to control anything. Control is an illusion.

When you realize this, you'll be more at peace with whatever happens to happen.

Enlightenment gives you nothing. You cannot use it for your egoic agenda (well, you can try, but you'll fail).

@Hunter Arrington Every tradition has its pros and cons and depends on how you practice it. Comparing Buddhist vs yoga is a topic one could write an entire book on. So we can't get into it here.

If all you study and practice is Zen, you will miss things.

If all you study and practice is Yoga, you will miss things.

If all you study and practice is Buddhism, you will miss things.

Because these teachings are not aimed strictly at Truth and self-mastery. These are entire cultures more than just teachings! They come with baggage and biases. They are partial perspectives. They have a cultural agenda to uphold. There is a cultural ego at work in them, whether gross or subtle.

Which is why I endorse an eclectic approach. Just don't lose focus too much.

@Leo Gura In your video, the dark side of meditation, you said that one who works deeply on enlightenment will surely face a feeling of loss or lost, how does one overcome that feeling?  Thanks!

Edited by Empty

@Empty Just keep doing the self-inquiry work and keep doing personal development.

It all fades in the long-run. In the short-run, shit will happen.

Learn to see the arising of strong negative emotions on this path as evidence of spiritual purification.