Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godishere

5meo DMT vs LSD

17 posts in this topic

Anyone who has experienced awakenings on both of these chemicals, could you please shed some light on what similarities and differences you found between the two?

I've had many awakenings into what I would consider "God consciousness" on LSD but haven't yet tried 5meo or regular DMT. I want to know if it's worth making the trip over to SA to one of these retreats/ceremonies. From my limited experience I've been making great progress on LSD alone so I'm in no rush but of course the curiosity is still there!

Edited by Godishere

5-MeO-DMT is worth whatever it takes to get.

It is beyond all words and beyond LSD.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe I'm arrogant Leo but I feel my state of consciousness is so naturally high that if I took 5meo dmt (which I have never taken my entire life) I won't be able to stop myself from mahasamadhi and I'm only 25years old. Is my fear completely unjustified? Am I crazy being so afraid of 5meo?

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

Anyone who has experienced awakenings on both of these chemicals, could you please shed some light on what similarities and differences you found between the two?

I've had many awakenings into what I would consider "God consciousness" on LSD but haven't yet tried 5meo or regular DMT. I want to know if it's worth making the trip over to SA to one of these retreats/ceremonies. From my limited experience I've been making great progress on LSD alone so I'm in no rush but of course the curiosity is still there!

Going to be different for each person. But speaking from experience they don't really compare.

My LSD trips were long descends into complete madness and insanity mixed in with a near total ego death. Theres a distinct lack of clarity and generally unproductive sessions. I have strange, weird distracting thoughts and images and easily get lost in thought loops. And the trips are just so fucking long as well. 

Compare to high dose 5-MeO, which I don't consider to be a conventional psychedelic because it simply doesn't compare to a casual mushroom trip. Its a whole completely different thing. Its not psychedelic. The idea of a psychedelic 'causing' this 'experience' is ridiculous. There is near perfect clarity, like perfect crystal clear water with a subtle multicoloured shimmer of fractal light around the edges fading of into infinity. There is no muddiness to the experience, except for some nausea in the come up. No extra 'stuff'. No visual hallucinations or thought loops or strange thinking patterns. Its just completely 100% pure Enlightenment. No bullshit. You're just THERE. BANG! Actual Infinity looking at itself. Actual Eternity existing forever. Actual God and nothing but that.

And 5-MeO has a very profound embodiment component/capability that I don't see any other psychedelic having. The substance is equally 'body' as it is 'cerebral', at least for me. It can definitely have a permanent affect on ones consciousness and has the ability to release deep contractions and tensions in the body. Its deeply healing. Its like the perfect package. And it lasts for an hour and then you're back to a normal state of consciousness and you can go about your day. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

11 minutes ago, Space said:

My LSD trips were long descends into complete madness and insanity mixed in with a near total ego death. Theres a distinct lack of clarity and generally unproductive sessions. I have strange, weird distracting thoughts and images and easily get lost in thought loops. And the trips are just so fucking long as well. 

How does in your experience LSD compare to psilocybin?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

5meodmt is the Crown.

It's total victory.

Namaste

The Holy Grail.

For awhile anyway.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Ilan said:

Maybe I'm arrogant Leo but I feel my state of consciousness is so naturally high that if I took 5meo dmt (which I have never taken my entire life) I won't be able to stop myself from mahasamadhi and I'm only 25years old. Is my fear completely unjustified? Am I crazy being so afraid of 5meo?

If you're so conscious, where is this fear coming from? All fear is lack of consciousness ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Used a lot of each. They were my favorite two compounds. 5-MeO-DMT is quite powerful but it really did in my case seem to share a lot of similarity with LSD (LSD-25, not necessarily other analogues). You know how each psychedelic has a very recognizable character? LSD and 5-MeO are similar in that respect — at least to me they were. An ultra high dose of LSD will be more powerful than a super low dose of 5-MeO, obviously, but the far shorter duration of 5-MeO and its relative lack of tolerance accrual make it a decent choice for consciousness work.

Both turn up the consciousness dial more than the visual distortion dial, it seems, unlike mushrooms which for me are ultra highly visual. But LSD is still extremely visual in its own right, especially in relation to 5-MeO. Although at some level of ego fading, visual effects don’t really matter.

Both compounds are great for ego death and God realization type stuff.

I know it's not necessarily a popular take, but combining medium doses of psychedelics like LSD or Mushrooms with nitrous oxide and weed has taken me to levels of consciousness that feel comparable to what people describe on 5-Meo. I prefer this actually because each nitrous only lasts about a minute (but can feel like an eternity) and I come back to a more comfortable state if things get too wild. 

3 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

How does in your experience LSD compare to psilocybin?

I've only done 2 mushroom trips so I don't have too much to say. But mushrooms feel more stable and 'smoother' than LSD. I go through a 'insane period' on LSD every time. Starts around an hour in and lasts for 3-4 hours. Then suddenly within a second or two everything sort of reverts back to normal. Don't get this on mushrooms. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

48 minutes ago, Space said:

I've only done 2 mushroom trips so I don't have too much to say. But mushrooms feel more stable and 'smoother' than LSD. I go through a 'insane period' on LSD every time. Starts around an hour in and lasts for 3-4 hours. Then suddenly within a second or two everything sort of reverts back to normal. Don't get this on mushrooms. 

Really I find it the opposite.

Mushrooms are really unpredictable to me

LSD has been some of the most stable beautiful experiences of my life

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

@Space psilocybin  is far more visual than that of lsd. The body load on lsd is far more intense. 

This. Although it depends on what you mean by body load. If you mean physical symptoms of use, then they can both be intense. If you mean the body energy (sometimes leading to sensory-overload and ego-death) associated with the "consciousness-elevation" aspect of psychedelics? Then, at least in relation to the other effects, yeah LSD has more of that than mushrooms, and 5-MeO-DMT has even more than LSD.

I literally the sense of the borders of my body completely disappearing in a matter 1 second.

The sudden and rapid onset of PANIC.

The ' OH NO NON ON NO NON ON ON O WHAT HAVE I DONE OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD'

So unless you experienced dying, then it's nothing like it.

10 hours ago, Godishere said:

In my opinion LSD + meditation/kriya and 5 MeO DMT can be very similar. You can reach a state you forget about ever being a human. The difference is that with LSD your assistance is needed to reach glimpses of those states. 5 MeO DMT will destroy your reality and you can't do anything about it.

Also 5 MeO DMT is an energetic tool, it's like initiation by guru - you will not get anything like that by using LSD, it's not even comparable. However LSD might be better for contemplation. I do not get so many 'insights', it rather shatters my worldview

10 hours ago, Godishere said:

From my limited experience I've been making great progress on LSD alone so I'm in no rush but of course the curiosity is still there!

You should do it at least once. After few breakthroughs I am able to reach short nondual states (deeper than with LSD) without any substance. It also happens to me to trip while sleeping.

Interesting opinions and advice everyone. I will definitely endeavour to do whatever it takes to try this compound within this lifetime!@Space I personally find LSD to be the opposite in terms of madness etc. Its very smooth compared to shrooms and I've never really had a "bad" trip. I only had 2g of shrooms and I found it quite depersonalizing and harder to surrender on the come up/anxiety. 

10 hours ago, Thought Art said:

LSD has been some of the most stable beautiful experiences of my life

It's so interesting cos I found LSD more direct for oneness experiences in the beginning, but nowadays since that door is open mushrooms are better for it because the only thing holding me back is my own thoughts/distinctions getting in the way. Mushrooms can really help surrender the mind.

Mushrooms are probably the most humbling of psychedelics. The best for general personal growth, you feel brave after. But yeah I agree those peak LSD moments are just so beautiful I will never forget em. Going back though?......not sure on that. Don't see the need.

For me:

Mushrooms opened my Heart. ?

LSD alligned my Heart and my Universal Mind. ? = ? 

5-MEO made me see that I am Infinite. ♾ 
And ultimately, everything has to be surrendered, even Consciousness, in the end. To become Infinite Nothingness, Forever…

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”